• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Huffing Freon Out the AC

about huffing freon? thats what this thread is about
I was huffing freon and gas and glue and nail polish and butane and the whole hardware stores list of solvents in a mixture I made all at once. When I was finished I huffed nitrous oxide and the next breath computer duster. I did this back and forth until I huffed more of my freon and gas and glue and nail polish and butane and the whole hardware stores list of solvents in a mixture I made all at once. Then I exhaled.

I gots the high. I was abouts to have an or-a-gaz-m when I experienced a marijuana cigarette and I huffed a hit of that.

The marijuana cigarette caused a schizophrenia and it was the worst mistake of my life.

Last night I inhaled a big bag and when I came to I was belting out the chorus of Q Lazarus - Goodbye Horses. I watched myself sing the whole rest of verse 2 before being able to sit up.

"I BEEN THEREEEEE I SEEN ITT ALLLL BEFOOOREEE"

Halogenated inhalents can cause fatal arrhythmias due to noripenephrine sensitization at the heart.

Avoid
So can nitrous. I think it's to a much lesser degree.

Freon, although the caviar of inhalants, is like a nasty, dirty, nitrous. Or maybe nitrous is the kinder, gentler freon.
Freon feels somewhat crappy, so can nitrous at times.
A death knell for the lot scene at Dead shows for me was when a bud bought a "nitrous balloon" and it turned out to be freon.

Friends of mine huffed a lot when younger and when I first started partying at 15 I tried various inhalants. Lighter fluid, glue, freon. Freon from aerosol cans was the best of the nasty list. I saw it as something kids did when they could get nothing else and, thankfully I never did it very jf nckn dnfgjrf ejghemf.

Last edited:
I hate to admit this but when I was 13 I went thru a huffing phase that lasted about 6 months.

Model glue, spray paint, toluene, gasoline. (Yeah, gasoline-- and this was the leaded shit)

I only did it because I didn't have access to real drugs. At one point it occurred to my stupid little anesthetized brain "This is some fucked up shit" and I never did it again.

I have done nitrous oxide a few times since then but I figured it surely couldn't be as bad as all that other shit.

I have done nitrous oxide a few times since then but I figured it surely couldn't be as bad as all that other shit.

It's not. I huffed maybe 10-15 times when I was a kid, but I knew lottsa folks who had done it a lot when they were even younger. They seem to have done OK.

Nitrous now. I had a nitrous phase.

The only refrigerant I have tried is Duster. I think it's ok but not worth the risks.

My buddy's dad had a seizure from it once so I avoid it.

The only other inhalant I've really messed with is starter fluid. Nothing like some good old ether and heptane.

Last edited:
Cannot freon be used in the synthesis of methamphetamine? I seem to recall someone getting a hefty stretch for having a cylinder of it. I KNOW their are many freons, but they are all fluorochlorocarbons with quite low BPs.

So can nitrous. I think it's to a much lesser degree.

Freon, although the caviar of inhalants, is like a nasty, dirty, nitrous. Or maybe nitrous is the kinder, gentler freon.
Freon feels somewhat crappy, so can nitrous at times.
A death knell for the lot scene at Dead shows for me was when a bud bought a "nitrous balloon" and it turned out to be freon.

Friends of mine huffed a lot when younger and when I first started partying at 15 I tried various inhalants. Lighter fluid, glue, freon. Freon from aerosol cans was the best of the nasty list. I saw it as something kids did when they could get nothing else and, thankfully I never did it very jf nckn dnfgjrf ejghemf.

I think it's to a lesser magnitude, because you don't see reports of people dying from arrythmias when doing nitrous oxide like you see with duster, despite people doing enough nitrous to deplete b12 for long enough that they get paralyzed.

What kind of coffin did you go with or where are your ashes gonna go amigo?

It's not advisable. How does the toxicity relate to computer duster? I know a handful of people that died huffing duster.
All volatile solvents (freon, duster, paint/markers, etc) have similar safety profiles: basically none.

The high itself cannot be separated from immediate brain and organ damage.

Last edited:
Nothing like some good old ether and heptane.
How about just straight ether? When I was in college some chemistry student was stealing it from a lab and selling little bottles of it. I forget how much I paid, but it was cheap. I carried a bottle with me when I was bar-hopping. Lots of fun!

How about just straight ether? When I was in college some chemistry student was stealing it from a lab and selling little bottles of it. I forget how much I paid, but it was cheap. I carried a bottle with me when I was bar-hopping. Lots of fun!
How did you not get kicked out of bars for the smell.
All volatile solvents (freon, duster, paint/markers, etc) have similar safety profiles: basically none.

The high itself cannot be separated from immediate brain and organ damage.
There are two big issues with haloalkane anesthetics (freon, duster, and medical ones like halothane, and sevoflurane). First is sensitization to cardiac arrhythmias. This is the cause of acute death for a lot of duster gas users. On the operating table it is less of an issue because an anesthesioloigist is prepared to provide supportive care.

Second is the liver damage from metabolism to phosgene like compounds. This damage is really random appearing because these metabolites chemically bond with proteins in your liver. The immune system will sometimes recognize them as non-self proteins and then attack, causing rapid liver failure. This is really hard to predict because of the large element of chance in what proteins get modified by the metabolites, and if a given individual's immune system will react to it.

How did you not get kicked out of bars for the smell.
Back in those days I was drinking so heavily that the stink of ethanol might have been stronger than the ether smell.
Also, I didn't hang out in classy bars. Mostly dives. A little ether was probably the least of their worries.

Last edited:
Back in those days I was drinking so heavily that the stink of ethanol might have been stronger than than the ether smell.
Also, I didn't hang out in classy bars. Mostly dives. A little ether was probably the least of their worries.
I know somebody who took an uber home after huffing ether for an evening, and the driver kicked him out after 2 blocks and made him pay 20 bucks because the car smelled so morbid. That stuff is so persistent on your breath.