• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HPPD Is Taking Over My Life

I had mild hppd with bad DP/DR after pushing it w some "Molly"

Tackling the underlying anxiety cured me. Now I only have problems when I am super hungover but they go away.

I had bad HPPD for a few months. Stopping all drug use is the best way to overcome it. Weed increased my HPPD 10 fold and also made it worse for a good time after. Try to adapt a healthy lifestyle. Stay away from caffeine. Start working out a little bit everyday and gradually you'll feel better.

HPPD only really exists when you are preoccupied with it. Immersed, seeing it all the time. When you learn to see effectively again it ceases to exist. I was in the grip of it for several years from the early nineties then it came back to haunt me linked to my using heroin for half a decade. Health and well-being are a measure of its significance...

Refrain from alcohol because it depresses the mind/body and increases the problem the next day. Herbs like Passiflora incarnata, Ginkgo biloba, Valerian and Hops are worth investigating...

Avoid most types of drug except ayahuasca. For me, harmalas, hash oil and weed in moderation are okay including occasional use of psychedelics such as DMT, 4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-DALT and 5-MeO-DMT. The HPPD of the past has largely receded, thankfully.

Hi, guys! I'm so sorry I haven't replied to my own thread in a few days, I've been really busy.
The day I posted this thread, I was having a really hard day with the visual disturbances. I've definitely been feeling better over the past few days but I'm getting that heart pounding, anxiety ridden feeling much more often lately. I've found that I even get anxious drinking alcohol.
I've stopped smoking weed and I'm going to continue that... it definitely sparked those negative feelings back up.
I'm trying all of your guys' advice... eating healthy, getting rest, exercising... I obtained some of those 2 milligram Xanax bars from a friend and will be taking a quarter of a milligram a day for a couple days to see if it helps at all.
Meditation is something I've been working at, but of course, it's hard.

I appreciate all your help, this was all very helpful! : )

I have the same on white walls and looking at the cloud or the sky, basically mild hppd. ive had it 2 years now I believe mine started in early January 2013 so were not far off when symtoms began. have a look at dr Abraham MD on hppd cures under google, hes pretty much leading the way for us suffers and seems to have located a certain receptor that is causing the disruption and has found suitable drugs to allieve some of the symptoms we are experiencing. looks like a fair few people have reacted positively to the drugs through all cases so he must be getting somewhere. don't know if you still follow this thread, but hope thinks are okay for you mate, even better if your hppd has gone completely :)

I've tripped many many times and don't have what I would consider "hppd". I do have an increased awareness of my visual processing though. If I space out it is quite easy to make a wall or floor begin to pattern. If I'm really "in the zone" during an activity it's easy for me to slip into a mental space very reminiscent of tripping. I don't believe these effects were caused by psychedelic drugs. I feel that I've simply become more aware of mental processes that already existed.

HPPD only really exists when you are preoccupied with it. Immersed, seeing it all the time.

This. Now I've read this I'm gonna notice it for the next half hour haha.

After noticing a noise field and weird patterns on white etc after mdma, I just thought it was eye damage from having big pupils. It never really bothered me for 2/3 months, then I googled it and found it was HPPD. The next week it was all I could think of. Then eventually I stopped thinking about it and forgot it was there

Be extremely careful with ayahuasca if you already have HPPD, I had mild visuals I could bring about at night at the brink of sleeping off prior to my aya accident. A week since I took an unexpectedly potent dose made of 10g acacia and 5g syrian rue, and I'm seeing tracers while awake. I've experienced what seems to be depersonalization which appears to be instantly triggered by being distressed at experiencing the HPPD.

Check out the recovery thread in the mdma forum. I am of the opinion that HPPD and "long term comedowns" from MDMA are all rooted in drug induced anxiety which can manifest itself in very nasty ways.

It seems like a small percentage of us are just predisposed to triggering a nasty episode of anxiety by way of psychs/MDMA. The good news is that if you approach it correctly and work hard, you can absolutely overcome it.

Check out the recovery thread in the mdma forum. I am of the opinion that HPPD and "long term comedowns" from MDMA are all rooted in drug induced anxiety which can manifest itself in very nasty ways.

Wow I never thought MDMA could be linked to HPPD., I've had MDMA at least 50 times consuming an average of 1.5g, I haven't tried it since experiencing HPPD. I'll update this thread if I end up having some MDMA in the coming months, I'll be careful with the dose this time! Cheers