• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How would it change the world if everyone was required to trip once a year?

I think the only thing good that would come about (which would be significant) is that a whole set of people who would otherwise never have tripped due to lack of access, or culturally being against it, or culturally not exposed to it, would be the types of people who could really benefit from it. That could realistically result in a higher percentage of the population having had a positive, beneficial outcome from it. I know that I benefitted from the psychedelic experience, it helped to make me a more aware, understanding and loving individual. However, more sociopaths would do them too, which could be dangerous. But the reason we should not ever do this is because there are a lot of people who should not do psychedelics. Some people just can't handle them or don't want to handle them, or are very fragile or traumatized already. For these people, psychedelics can be a damaging influence, sometimes very much so. It already happens to some people who decide to trip on their own - read Erowid or the PD forum to see that quite a few people experience lasting negative effects. I think that a lot of such people have had the opportunity to try psychedelics and they have always not wanted to go there. Sometimes that decision is wise. If you then force those people to trip, it's out of their hands, and the resulting experience would probably be even more traumatic because it was enforced by others. I think we would end up with a lot of "acid casualties", so to speak.

This practice would be horribly unethical. It's a nice, romantic idea, what if everyone had the ideal, life-changing psychedelic experience like I did? Everything would fix itself. But unfortunately it's not that simple.

I think in this vein of discussion, the best thing we can do is legalize, and provide accurate information to people. Foster a culture where people seeking experiences would want to find out about it first, and it would be easy for them to do so. Then those who naturally seek the psychedelic experience, who are most likely to benefit, can do so safely and without an unhealthy frame of reference surrounding drug use.

I find it a lot easier to imagine a society where tripping once a year is a norm, rather than a requirement.

I agree. Being forced to trip never ends well; you can't even really push it on yourself.

But if we lived in a culture where tripping yearly was customary? In my opinion, the crazy would be crazier, and the sane would be saner.

Totally. This question is really asking something bigger and more meaningful than what would happen if we all tripped every year. Tripping every year would simply be an indicator or positive symptom of bigger societal change and positivity.

For what it's worth, I think that all psychiarists should be forced to trip once a year. That and take each drug they perscribe.

I doubt the world would be any different really. I'd like to think I make me, not the hallucinogens.

Although there might be more blacklights.

Hallucinogens helped me realize the "me" I had made wasnt weird or wrong loke society wanted me to believe.

Hallucinogens helped me realize the "me" I had made wasnt weird or wrong loke society wanted me to believe.
Is a tricky one for me. I've been tripping hard for 20 years now. So that's more of my life tripping than not. At first I thought there was this big revelation, like I saw life for what it really was. But in retrospect I think it's all a bit of an illusion. I felt like I was discovering that amazing untold secrets, but when it came down to it I had trouble explaining to anyone what they actually were. The one thing I can say with certainty is that it made me appreciate the beauty of nature much, much more.

And blacklights are way cool.

I have been tripping for 15 years myself, almost half my life, and I would say that a lot of what I have believed at certain times was inflated in my head, idealistic illusion. However I can say without a doubt that in a practical sense, they have had a lasting positive change and have helped me to become myself more fully and become a more conscious person. My spirituality is still shaped by my initial experience(s) too. I believe I have been shown the truth to a greater degree than I ever saw it before my breakthrough experiences and that has dramatically affected the course of my life. It was a rocky road at times but I have emerged out the other side stronger and better for it.

What about charles manson?

And if so, why did the CIA feel they failed with MKultra?

I feel like a shitty doppleganger, illumanti youtube post. Meant that sincerely.

I dont think "it is required to trip once a year" would work.

But i truly think the legalisation of therapeutic psychedelics would massively benefit society.