• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How viable is growing poppies?

Abd

Agreed. Unless you have property of agricultural dimensions these won't keep up a dependent habit.
... But so far as I'm concerned that's not the point of them.
Exactly. It's nice catching a buzz off some homegrown, but it's never going to sustain a habit.

Any have success growing poppies in pots and not in the ground?

Any have success growing poppies in pots and not in the ground?
Never even tried them in pots; there's no point. They're open - ground plants.
They don't like being re-planted and will generally fail if you do that.
Sow them where you wanna grow them ; keep them well - spaced, in sunlight, moist but not over - watered. That's it.

Last edited:
Never even tried them in pots; there's no point. They're open - ground plants.
They don't like being re-planted and will generally fail if you do that.
Sow them where you wanna grow them ; keep them well - spaced, in sunlight, moist but not over - watered. That's it.

Yeah ive grown them in the ground before. Wanted to try pots this time in case i have to move them. Should work, in just wondering how big of a pot they'd require

Yeah ive grown them in the ground before. Wanted to try pots this time in case i have to move them. Should work, in just wondering how big of a pot they'd require
The main thing is they don't like to be moved once they've germinated.
They will grow very well if left to their own devices in any suitable spot and tended well.

Last edited:
Very viable in short….I only have maybe 10 smaller than golf ball sized pods and a bunch of smaller ones, but you can harvest them more than once…for the past week I have been harvesting enough for a good dose every morning, sometimes hitting a bod 3-4 times….you can do a couple planter boxes and get enough to get a nice morning dose for weeks, or save it up and probably have a gram or so, don’t need a huge field ha

I wonder whether it'd be possible to grow poppies indoor with growing equipment as I don't have a garden but would love to try real opium.

Its very easy to grow them and its very worth it. Just get some galania strain off of ebay and build you a nice raised bed. Extracting the latex is easy to do. Just lightly scratch the ripe pod and it bleeds opium ready to dry and smoke. Extract your latex and when they dry out collect your seeds for the next season and keep the pods to wien off the 3 month opiate beng. Expect to get sick because opium is the mother of all opiates and opioids. I would suggest growing some erythroxylum (coca bush) to go with it. Theres nothing better than going into the garden and collecting some awesome opium amd grabing some coca leaf and sitting back in the evening and chilling to some tunes. Ive grown afghan poppies for some years now. Poppies will produce a tone of opium if theyre grow in good rich soil and kept well watered. Even low grade ornamental strains like purple poppies and red poppies are worth growing. Nobody can spot them because theyre just a flower and unless you grow a field of them theyre generally ignor by the law as they are grow a lot for simple show. Opium is a thing of the past with all the new opioids science has introduced so if you wamt something natural and easily obtained and self sustaining poppies are a great choice.

I wonder whether it'd be possible to grow poppies indoor with growing equipment as I don't have a garden but would love to try real opium.
Yes but it would be better to just set a bunch of flower pots outside. One poppy isnt very much and they need maximum brightness. You dont need acres of poppies but you want at least 5 or 6 to get a good glob of opium. They bleed less and less the more you cut them, thats why afghanies use the multi bladed tools. Its no where near as strong as heroin you want to smoke at least a 0.4 gram glob of raw opium to get good and stoned, maybe more if your growing a dark seed poppy. And its best freebaced on foil for flavor and to get the most out of it.

I hate to say this but the truth is it's not very viable at all. If you are going about opiate addiction like a regular person, it's not something you can sustain by growing them. You're not going to have a year long habit taken care of bc drinking poppy tea is not really that strong compared to just buying a bag of dope and slamming it or smoking fent or something. And even if you're a virgin user you would just develop a tolerance and then it would be more affordable to just buy drugs. If it was something that you could do on your own more people would be doing it. That's why there's farmers with huge plots of land in other countries and they synthesize it and ship it here. The American dollar while dropping, is still worth peoples time in other countries but not really worth your time doing the same thing here.

I hate to say this but the truth is it's not very viable at all. If you are going about opiate addiction like a regular person, it's not something you can sustain by growing them. You're not going to have a year long habit taken care of bc drinking poppy tea is not really that strong compared to just buying a bag of dope and slamming it or smoking fent or something. And even if you're a virgin user you would just develop a tolerance and then it would be more affordable to just buy drugs. If it was something that you could do on your own more people would be doing it. That's why there's farmers with huge plots of land in other countries and they synthesize it and ship it here. The American dollar while dropping, is still worth peoples time in other countries but not really worth your time doing the same thing here.
Have you ever grown them ? Cause you can grow a shit load of opium in a 5x5 grow space….

Difficult. Not even my mother has had any luck and she's pretty obsessed with gardening.

However, my brother grew about five huge pots of huge poppies. He gave me some resin in a baking tray and it was very delicious 😁 Nobody knows how he did it.

Yes but it would be better to just set a bunch of flower pots outside. One poppy isnt very much and they need maximum brightness. You dont need acres of poppies but you want at least 5 or 6 to get a good glob of opium. They bleed less and less the more you cut them, thats why afghanies use the multi bladed tools. Its no where near as strong as heroin you want to smoke at least a 0.4 gram glob of raw opium to get good and stoned, maybe more if your growing a dark seed poppy. And its best freebaced on foil for flavor and to get the most out of it.
Scoring the poppies doesn't give the best results IME , just harvest them and do a freeze-tek extraction on them and process them into smokeable opium.

The procedure looks as follow, boil the poppies down into tea (big pieces or whole so less chlorophyll and plant fats get extracted) , let it cool down and strain through a t-shirt , then fill 2l soda bottles about 3/4 with your tea , let them freeze 2/3 through , drain the resulting (dark brown)liquid into a pan ( discard the ice left in the bottle it contains all your plant fats) and evaporate the resulting syrup into smokeable opium.

Scoring the poppies doesn't give the best results IME , just harvest them and do a freeze-tek extraction on them and process them into smokeable opium.

The procedure looks as follow, boil the poppies down into tea (big pieces or whole so less chlorophyll and plant fats get extracted) , let it cool down and strain through a t-shirt , then fill 2l soda bottles about 3/4 with your tea , let them freeze 2/3 through , drain the resulting (dark brown)liquid into a pan ( discard the ice left in the bottle it contains all your plant fats) and evaporate the resulting syrup into smokeable opium.
Would it work to just freeze it solid and upend the soda bottle over a container, then stop the melting process when only 2/3 is left in the soda bottle.
That's how you freeze distill for Applejack.

Would it work to just freeze it solid and upend the soda bottle over a container, then stop the melting process when only 2/3 is left in the soda bottle.
I'm not sure , never tried it that way

ectracting from the pods allows a fiber to get into it that prevents it from melting right on tin foil. Does this process remove that??? I like it run on foil like H does. Foil smoke is 100% better that pipe smoke. Raw latex from score marks melts and runs but every extract i ever tried wouldnt smoke and just rise and dry into a hard flake. It evemtually would smoke but it would be harsh and would make a cherry instead of melt. What bleeds out is pure thebaine, codine morphine etc. opiates. The cooking process just takes away the thebaine. Ive been growing them for a while just telling it like it is not knocking the feeze process im unfamiliar with that method.

Last edited:
Have you ever grown them ? Cause you can grow a shit load of opium in a 5x5 grow space….
I grow them. And true. You really only need like 10 poppies if your new. I grow 20×20ft raised beds and i stay high until mid summer when the seeds dry out. If you needed acres for self afghanies wouldnt be able to make a living on it. They produce pounds of heroin off of acres and thats only 10% of the opium yield that get

Plus you can still make extracts on dried pods after youve scored them all spring