• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How viable is growing poppies?

When I first started growing poppies, the first couple of years were a bit shit. I spread thousands of seeds with very little return.

But the thing I've found with poppies is that they like to be grown in the same soil year after year. Now I just can't get rid of the bastards...

When I first started growing poppies, the first couple of years were a bit shit. I spread thousands of seeds with very little return.

But the thing I've found with poppies is that they like to be grown in the same soil year after year. Now I just can't get rid of the bastards...
Yeah once they've established themselves it's easy sailing

Try 'Persian Whites' if you can get hold of them. The other variety I have isn't legally available XD
How are the strains I have ? Iv read the hens n chicks can be pretty potent and gigantium if fairly average from what I understand, I almost got the white n red “afghan special” but maybe next year, if all goes well I’ll prolly expand the bed to 8x20

... My personal definition of whether it's a 'viable' pursuit is very particular :
I mainly want it for smoking traditional - style and for THAT, I have zero choice but to grow my own supply and do it ALL myself.

You can buy any amount of dried seed heads or unwashed seeds of varying potencies for tea ; you can resort to the simplest method of consumption which is to just eat the opium (caution here as well, as little as the ingestion of a pea-sized amount of raw unprocessed latex has led to myocarditis in several people, a fact most aren't aware of and I think I should flag that up).

... However nobody these days produces and sells chandu (opium refined to be suitable for smoking). It took me ages of often fruitless research and a fortuitous personal encounter or two in order to perfect the art.

And that's another thing which attracts me. I've anyways been fascinated by the old opium culture, the whole hedonistic decadent aspect of it ; and to be able to do something which only a handful of people alive now know how to do, gives me some kinda thrill that almost rivals the actual drug effect. If that makes sense.

... My personal definition of whether it's a 'viable' pursuit is very particular :
I mainly want it for smoking traditional - style and for THAT, I have zero choice but to grow my own supply and do it ALL myself.

You can buy any amount of dried seed heads or unwashed seeds of varying potencies for tea ; you can resort to the simplest method of consumption which is to just eat the opium (caution here as well, as little as the ingestion of a pea-sized amount of raw unprocessed latex has led to myocarditis in several people, a fact most aren't aware of and I think I should flag that up).

... However nobody these days produces and sells chandu (opium refined to be suitable for smoking). It took me ages of often fruitless research and a fortuitous personal encounter or two in order to perfect the art.

And that's another thing which attracts me. I've anyways been fascinated by the old opium culture, the whole hedonistic decadent aspect of it ; and to be able to do something which only a handful of people alive now know how to do, gives me some kinda thrill that almost rivals the actual drug effect. If that makes sense.
That’s kinda how I feel, real opium is pretty much unavailable unless you grow/make it yourself so naturally that interest me, and I’m gonna bet smoking latex is pretty amazing, prolly better than smoking H…care to share some of your refining process ?

It doesn't come close to smoking h in my experience maybe cause our h is cut with caffeine which makes for better vaporization

It doesn't come close to smoking h in my experience maybe cause our h is cut with caffeine which makes for better vaporization
Never smoked poppy latex but if I had to guess mg4mg heroin is better but with enough opium the high will be more “full”..but then again I actually like a good dose of pod tea over some vaped heroin :/

I like pod tea better too but I'm guessing when you heat opium codeine and a lot of the other alkaloids that give pt it's signature are destroyed

That’s kinda how I feel, real opium is pretty much unavailable unless you grow/make it yourself so naturally that interest me, and I’m gonna bet smoking latex is pretty amazing, prolly better than smoking H…care to share some of your refining process ?
HAHA another (Greenlighter) member has apparently finally joined this site specifically to enquire to me about the process, the second he read that I like smoking it. Xd

You want a PM or should I just post publicly for the benefit of anyone with a possible interest?

Up to you man it’s your tek, I’m definitely interested tho, IMO if your gonna tell people how you might as well create a thread so you get credit for the tek

Never smoked poppy latex but if I had to guess mg4mg heroin is better but with enough opium the high will be more “full”..but then again I actually like a good dose of pod tea over some vaped heroin :/
'better' depends on whether it's mainly the big initial impact you're after.
(And I mainline my dope.)

No smoked opium won't give you that rush, but it'll give you a long - lasting, very dreamy kinda delicious high.
If your only goal is to just get wiped out every time then it won't be worth it for you. If you can appreciate a more subtle and nuanced experience then it will.

Last edited:
PS the other thing is the necessary paraphernalia. You'll need an opium pipe and a lamp.
(plus some other preparation utensils like a tiny copper pan, two needles and a rolling tray. it's all rather involved).

Unfortunately the vast majority of these were simply destroyed as 'instruments of vice' in the aftermath of the opium wars and subsequent anti - opium campaigns.

The surviving items now are likely to be in the hands of newly aware Chinese collectors intent on 'buying back' their cultural heritage. I was tremendously lucky to come across a genuine antique pipe and lamp in still USABLE condition, from a seller who didn't quite know the true value of what he had.
... Not in any way wanting to discourage you (I'd single - handedly re-introduce opium smoking as a socially respectable widespread practice if I could XD), but just stating the facts

Last edited:
PS the other thing is the necessary paraphernalia. You'll need an opium pipe and a lamp.
(plus some other preparation utensils like a tiny copper pan, two needles and a rolling tray. it's all rather involved).

Unfortunately the vast majority of these were simply destroyed as 'instruments of vice' in the aftermath of the opium wars and subsequent anti - opium campaigns.

The surviving items now are likely to be in the hands of newly aware Chinese collectors intent on 'buying back' their cultural heritage. I was tremendously lucky to come across a genuine antique pipe and lamp in still USABLE condition, from a seller who didn't quite know the true value of what he had.
... Not in any way wanting to discourage you (I'd single - handedly re-introduce opium smoking as a socially respectable widespread practice if I could XD), but just stating the facts
What’s the appropriate way to smoke it ? Ill prolly just get a little water pipe with a deep bowl and stack screens in it, like maybe 10-15screens and see if that works

Tbh I dunno how a water pipe would work as I've never used one.

... And you don't technically even 'smoke' your opium since it's not incinerated like tobacco. It would be more accurate to say you 'inhale' opium as the process is one of vaporization.

For the most accurate depiction accessible online, (which saves me having to go into lengthy explanations which STILL wouldn't have you doing it correctly 'cause this is a technique you really have to SEE and BE SHOWN in order to learn for yourself), look up ' Steven Martin smokes opium in Bangkok'.

This guy was pretty much the last non - Asian true expert who knew the craft inside out. I've learnt what I know from mostly his descriptions plus having had the extraordinary fortune of making friends with a fellow student from Laos at university, whose uncle just so happened to have operated one of the last traditional opium dens before they were all declared illegal. Said flatmate also used to work for his uncle as an assistant, preparing opium 'pills' ready for the customer to smoke; and was willing to show me. ;)

Last edited:
Tbh I dunno how a water pipe would work as I've never used one.

... And you don't technically even 'smoke' your opium since it's not incinerated like tobacco. It would be more accurate to say you 'inhale' opium as the process is one of vaporization.

For the most accurate depiction accessible online, (which saves me having to go into lengthy explanations which STILL wouldn't have you doing it correctly 'cause this is a technique you really have to SEE and BE SHOWN in order to learn yourself), look up ' Steven Martin smokes opium in Bangkok'.

This guy was pretty much the last non - Asian true expert who knew the craft inside out. I've learnt what I know from mostly his descriptions plus having had the extraordinary fortune of making friends with a fellow student from Laos at university, whose uncle just so happened to have operated one of the last traditional opium dens before they were all declared illegal. Said flatmate also used to work for his uncle as an assistant, preparing opium 'pills' ready for the customer to smoke; and was willing to show me. ;)
You gotta make a thread to get this stuff out there man, it’s kind of your responsibility to do so ;) haha just kidding, but it would be cool to have this info for people to be able to easily find