• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How viable is growing poppies?

It's so easy they grew in my garden anyway. They like disturbed ground like building sites, and lots of sun. You could grow ridiculous amounts, depending where you are. If you can grow UK zone stuff, i'd say you're good.

They do have fieldsf of poppies in the middle east; for most it is completely practical. It's autumn get the seeds in, disturb the ground a bit.

I don't really take opiates but every summer I indulge in the poppies using a modified @F.U.B.A.R. method, which has served me well and saved a couple of test runs on here using pans etc which were absolute pests and hastles of a fuck on:

@F.U.B.A.R. method (the coffee flask genius) + other stuff

1. Remove seeds, plant in autumn, keep pods. Scatter on disturbed ground, check the soil type. IIRC they like clay best but it might be worth scattering compost round the ground or that of the growing plants. Maybe some nice loam.

2. Chop pods with knife, motor &pestle, etc - I usually use a blender and a tiny bit of cold water. Dont blend too fine. Just like a very precise chop.

3. Add to coffee flask with nearly boiling water. Leave for 30-60 minutes with lid on. Drink refill, repeat, etc.

Its so easy that way. Plus you can easily sort of titrate it.

Last edited:
Even if you don’t grow enough to sustain your habit for a year you can definitely grow enough to save yourself a little bit of money

The thing with poppies is that even if you somehow find a way to grow a large amount inexpensively, its would very time consuming to plant, grow and harvest a steady supply of it.

They are alot of fun to grow through, I do miss my plants, its just too addictive for me to have around. I had to use kratom for a few months after as landing gear after I finished all my opium, just kicked the kratom a few weeks ago finally. Not possible for me to grow them without getting temporarily caught up in it.

Indoors, if you get very good at it, it is possible to grow a quarter pound of dried pods equivalent in a very crammed 4x4 tent. That should contain a few grams of morphine. But it is a tedious process, and your total cost will be more than if you just bought them. But it is fascinating to see them grow, I don't regret it but I don't think I'll do it anytime soon.

Any have success growing poppies in pots and not in the ground?
Yes i use pots raised beds and the ground. Every year my seed supply quadruples... if anyone actually wants some real afghans you can get in contact with me via session private [removed] always happy to share. I also have real china whites. They have super thick pods and really big pods and are pure white not white and purple like the fakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i use pots raised beds and the ground. Every year my seed supply quadruples... if anyone actually wants some real afghans you can get in contact with me via session private [removed] always happy to share. I also have real china whites. They have super thick pods and really big pods and are pure white not white and purple like the fakes.

Yeah i must have asked this before i had actually done it. Since then I've grown in pots a number of times, definitely works.

Errmmm White n purple are Tasmanians no ? Mine are pretty potent, but I’m sure how well you grow them is a pretty big factor in potency

s-l500.jpg

does anybody has experience with papaver giganteum? they are massively bigger than normal somniferum. btw, how many pods did you have to use for a solid morphine tea high? i had mostly red flowering papaver in my garden once but believe it wasnt the most potent strain. cultivation was more or less random becuase i had to throw away my poppy seed tea because it began going moldy. so i threw it on the compost and voila, one year later half the garden was full with papaver plants. this was years ago though, last morphine tea was around 2010.

Growing poppies is easy. But finding a decent strain is very difficult.

If you're growing your own then I suggest poppy pod tea. Forget collecting the latex because you need acres of primo Poppies to get anything worthwhile.
It's not just the strain, I've had mediocre results from very active strain seeds

I have about a1/2 dozen things after they flowered. What would be the best way to consume them? I am a junkie, (chronic pain patient) . It takes about 30mg of morphine or 8 mg of dilauad to wake up. I am interested in the way to extract the goods without scoring ...chem extraction??? Any help would be awesome, please & thank you.