• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How to spot a junkie (from user and non-user perspectives)...

my wife could tell when i was high on opiates cos of my eyes, now they are "normal"

i think different drugs do different things to the face and eyes. like weed makes my eyes pink all the time, speed used to give me wide eyes and id crunch my jaw, E's use to make my eyes roll and make me gurn, acid used to be saucer eyes

so for me you could tell if id taken something or not, its a dead give away

but of my mates used to look like just stepped out the shower, no matter what he took

Wierd thing is that methamphetamine I don't feel euphoria at all, and I do eat on methamphetamine but not because I obligate myself to eat but that I feel really hungry and have appetite. What I really enjoy about methamphetamine is vaporizing it! I wish I could find something (psychoactive or not) to substitute methamphetamine in my lovely jumbo color changing pipe call "Sublime". Methamphetamine in my contry is very expensive so that's something that drive me away from forming habit. I manage to have the experience of using methamphetamine because I work in the richer part of the metropolitan area and meet this guy who supplies to rich people methamphetamines, importing it from US to this Island. So maybe I am the only one in my University to do it so.
how many times have you done meth and in what ROA?

If you're in town; one of the biggest giveaways that someone is on the gear would be seeing them power walking to their destination with sweat pouring down their face. You can see they're in agony; giving it everything they've got to finally not be sick.

One of the young homeless lads I would walk past on the way home from work saw me in this state once and now every time I walk past him; he looks straight at me and smirks as if to say "I know your little secret."

I thought this thread was about junkies?

Meth heads are not junkies. Please try and stay on topic yeh? (y)

Idk were you got that from but meth head are also junkies. The term junkie isn't related to any one specific drug. Most people associate the term junkie with being an IV drug user but its really not even that. A junkie is simply a drug addict.

The easiest way to spot a junkie on the street is obviously their physical appearance. Their skin, teeth, and clothing.

Obviously not all junkies look like junkies though. I have been a junkie for more than a decade and I have never had anypne suspect me to be an addict by my appearance. I have all my teeth, no bad track marks, I'm clean, and relatively physically fit. I have injected the most powerful drugs on the planet 10s of thousands of times. My overall DOC being heroin but if it goes in a rig I have banged it, a lot of meth too. But, anyone who knows me intimately can always tell by my eyes.

I could look in to any persons eyes and tell you if they are high. If you know what you are looking for its nearly impossible to hide in the eyes.

Opiates are easy to tell from the eyes due to pinned pupils. Stims not so much though. Only MDMA really causes dilated pupils due to the serotonin release, regular dopaminergic stims don't.

Very easy to tell if someone is abusing benzos based on behaviour. Benzos are usually more obvious than opiates tbh.

The eyes are always a give away. Mostly body language: their gestures, their gait, their reaction time, their talking. The thing is, it only works if you watch people on drugs quite frequently first, as you have to learn what drugs look like what. That being said, most of the time you'd be lucky to guess what class of drug, much less the specific one. Drugs effect some people very differently, for some alcohol is stimulating and molly is relaxing, so it is never a sure thing. Opiates, benzos, psychs, amps all have a very unique "face". For example, opiates turn down the corners of the mouth, and give you lazy, heavy lidded eyes that glow or shimmer hazily in bright light. Benzos... well, theres just no hiding falling flat on your face every couple of minutes, or not remembering who you are and what you're doing. Amp/coke abusers almost always have a asymmetrical underbite from the muscle tension, the sniffles, freaky body odor, and wild, wide eyes

Last edited:
How to spot a junkie? That is our word honky. Only we can use it in polite conversation. I'm still working on the name for a group of junkies. A Misery of junkies?

Seriously though, I wouldn't broach this subject with your romantic partner using this terminology. Just ask, are you using drugs?

If your partner is actually at the level of "Junkie", the signs should be fairly obvious. My fav has always been falling asleep mid-sentence only to wake up suddenly 15 minutes later, resuming the conversation at the exact point they left it.

I guess it would be funnier if it weren't so emotionally devastating.

Is your jewelry still in your box?

Was your flatscreen inexplicably replaced by a 1990's era box-television while you slept?

Is your partner uninterested in your sexual wiles?

Does he not require food, water or sleep in the same way most human people do?

Alright. I've had my fun for the morning. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you and your guy.

How to spot a junkie? That is our word honky. Only we can use it in polite conversation. I'm still working on the name for a group of junkies. A Misery of junkies?

Seriously though, I wouldn't broach this subject with your romantic partner using this terminology. Just ask, are you using drugs?

If your partner is actually at the level of "Junkie", the signs should be fairly obvious. My fav has always been falling asleep mid-sentence only to wake up suddenly 15 minutes later, resuming the conversation at the exact point they left it.

I guess it would be funnier if it weren't so emotionally devastating.

Is your jewelry still in your box?

Was your flatscreen inexplicably replaced by a 1990's era box-television while you slept?

Is your partner uninterested in your sexual wiles?

Does he not require food, water or sleep in the same way most human people do?

Alright. I've had my fun for the morning. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you and your guy.
This right here. This guy gets it 👌

I was at this girls place for the very first time. She was already totally intoxicated by the time I met her at the bar. This, I'll add was the second date with her in which she was already jammed.

At that point in my life, I assumed a girl who couldn't control herself was probably compatible with someone like me.

I found out later that she had taken a Clonazepam before leaving her place as she was nervous. Totally understandable. I was too.

The punchline is, she got up to use the bathroom and the room was basically dark at this point. She goes in, shits the door, comes back out and goes back to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and went to use the bathroom. Turns out the door on the right was actually her closet. She had walked in, shut the door, and clearly pissed on the floor.

She accused me of pissing on her floor. We didnt talk for a week. I eventually called and said:

"I'm willing to admit that I pissed on your closet floor if you will drop this and just come over"

"It's fine let's just drop it, I'll walk over"

"I'll never mention it Simone, but so we have closure, we both know that you pissed in that closet right?"

I would later find out that not only did she piss in that closet, but it was not even the first time she had done it.

This has been one of "Keif's Really Really Great Stories" Thanks for tuning in and be sure to hit that like button!

Lat

Idk were you got that from but meth head are also junkies. The term junkie isn't related to any one specific drug. Most people associate the term junkie with being an IV drug user but its really not even that. A junkie is simply a drug addict.

The easiest way to spot a junkie on the street is obviously their physical appearance. Their skin, teeth, and clothing.

Obviously not all junkies look like junkies though. I have been a junkie for more than a decade and I have never had anypne suspect me to be an addict by my appearance. I have all my teeth, no bad track marks, I'm clean, and relatively physically fit. I have injected the most powerful drugs on the planet 10s of thousands of times. My overall DOC being heroin but if it goes in a rig I have banged it, a lot of meth too. But, anyone who knows me intimately can always tell by my eyes.

I could look in to any persons eyes and tell you if they are high. If you know what you are looking for its nearly impossible to hide in the eyes.

No. 'Junk' is a slang term for heroin - hence junkies. Simple really....

I think Junkie is a term that has only been kept alive through nostalgia. Apparently, Heroin was once referred to as Junk pretty commonly.

I've also heard the version in which Junk actually originates from users collecting trash, cardboard and cans for the purpose of selling/recycling it for money. I'm really not sure.

With crystal, more than anything it's a certain expression.. hard to explain. I can spot a meth head a mile away as a fellow meth head. I can be spotted too by anyone who's close and learns my particular signs.. you're not likely to get away with regular drug use to the point that no one knows. It always comes out. Guarantee the police probably know who you are too, but you're small fry. Not important.. yet.

With crystal, more than anything it's a certain expression.. hard to explain. I can spot a meth head a mile away as a fellow meth head. I can be spotted too by anyone who's close and learns my particular signs.. you're not likely to get away with regular drug use to the point that no one knows. It always comes out. Guarantee the police probably know who you are too, but you're small fry. Not important.. yet.

Police have literally seen me and a group of mates all peaking on acid before. We were in a shop buying snacks and we noticed as we lined up there were police right in front of us. They just looked at us, gave us a friendly nod and a smile and left. No way they didn't clock it, they just got better shit to do. Also I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure being on drugs is not a crime (unless you're driving etc) it would be possession that is a crime, but the acid was inside our bodies already 😂

Police have literally seen me and a group of mates all peaking on acid before. We were in a shop buying snacks and we noticed as we lined up there were police right in front of us. They just looked at us, gave us a friendly nod and a smile and left. No way they didn't clock it, they just got better shit to do. Also I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure being on drugs is not a crime (unless you're driving etc) it would be possession that is a crime, but the acid was inside our bodies already 😂
Totally. A lot of the fear and attitude "we" have is unfounded.