• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How to spot a junkie (from user and non-user perspectives)...

As Zonxx says, good oral hygiene is essential to prevent and even stop methamphetamine tooth decay.

I found that even on amphetamines I sometimes grind my teeth (not so severe at with methamphetamine). For both drugs I manage to reduce it by been self conscious about it and stop doing it, with time is almost automatically to me to avoid doing it. If I take a benzo to sleep but don't know if I will grind my teeth or not I bought an Dental Guard that do wonders. The other factor of tooth decay with methamphetamine (and any other stimulant and whatever is smoke or vaporize) is dry mouth, products like Biotène helps a lot to have a refresh mouth.

For both drugs I manage to reduce it by been self conscious about it and stop doing it, with time is almost automatically to me to avoid doing it. If I take a benzo to sleep but don't know if I will grind my teeth or not I bought an Dental Guard that do wonders. The other factor of tooth decay with methamphetamine (and any other stimulant and whatever is smoke or vaporize) is dry mouth, products like Biotène helps a lot to have a refresh mouth.

I also found Biotin reeeally helpful with the dry mouth. I hate that it's expensive but it just works so great. I recently read in a "self-care when your too depressed to shower" list that if you aren't going brush then you should try using mouthwash each time you use the bathroom and use floss picks when you can. The three together on top of brushing is what I would honestly recomend, there's nothing good about teeth breaking. Mine actually started after I had my daughter (WAAAAY BEFORE USING), I remember finally getting her to sleep around 3am only to be kept awake by the teeth I couldn't afford to fix. Unfortunately my grandma experienced the same thing, but I still need tremendous work that I'm reluctant to get done because no one would believe that my teeth would just break before meth. I mean, it definitely didn't help with all the factors listed above and probably sped up the process, but at least I didn't feel that pain. Chelated Mg supplements (around 400mg 2x day, YMMV) nearly took care of any clenching issues for me and is good to slow tolerance.

Stay safe <3

i've used heroin for 15 years and can generally spot another junkie just from looking at them. true enough though, some people hide it well. the thing about meth user's only having fucked up teeth is always true, i live in uk and have seen plenty of heroin and crack addicts with battered teeth. mine are fucked cos i just don't give a fuck about doing anything. i grind my teeth just as something to do if am pissed off or withdrawing. on a sort of seperate theme, meth doesn't seem to be such a problem here in good old blighty (uk), i wonder why ?

Yea, I have lost tons of teeth and even had a dentist give me the once over because my teeth were, and are, so messed up. My problem is from decades of pain med usage, all legal, from having a dry mouth all the time. It sucks but I don't need an attitude from a dentist who doesn't even know me. BTW, I don't have the money to get the work that needs doing.

Unlike how people picture a person with a healthy junk habit, we tend to be in a hurry when we walk or do anything else. A junky never has enough gear and, sadly, most of the time and effort goes to creating the means to get it or the plug to get it once you have a big habbit.

I always wonder if people can tell I’m hooked on oxy . My teeth look good, I have veneers in the front so they are forever white and nice . My pupils are small all the time but not sure of regular people know what that means .

Yeah between the dry mouth and sweets cravings... opiates can wreck your teeth pretty good. Mine are a complete nightmare, completely rotted, just fragments still above the gums. None complete. Full dentures are the only option, but even that, they gotta get the fragments out first, and would mostly need to be cut out rather than traditionally pulled. So no insurance to pay for that. And I can still eat soft foods at least, so want to enjoy chewing with my own teeth for a little while at least since I'm only in my mid 30s.

Pretty much all opiates too; only ever used meth once, adderall/dexedrine I can count the times on one hand, cocaine for a couple years but I never grinded my teeth on that. The only real pain I get is when I go from cold weather outside in the winter into somewhere warm, then I get pretty severe pain that, every time, goes away in 10-15min. Never longer, never shorter. Weird.

Take some cheap soap, crack it open in chunks and put it in cellophane, then whirl the cellophane "rocks" in front of the suspected tweaker, watch eyes during entirety of whirl, assess response and proceed to judge him/her based on findings

I hate this term junkie, it really gets to me lol
What even defines a junkie?

But I can always tell when my mates have been on it too long when their skins sweaty and the look greasy and they’re paranoid about cops following them but they swear they’re clean lol

meth doesn't seem to be such a problem here in good old blighty (uk), i wonder why ?

Amphetamine in general just fell out of fashion in our drug scene, it's all about coke now unless you know the old speed heads, usually the only speed users are middle aged nowadays. But those people go nuts over the holy grail of pharma dex. This nice middle aged woman who knew I was into my drugs said to me "did you know people actually get prescribed speed?" I just took a strip of it out my pocket and showed her like yeah. She was begging me to have a few haha.

Amphetamine in general just fell out of fashion in our drug scene, it's all about coke now unless you know the old speed heads, usually the only speed users are middle aged nowadays. But those people go nuts over the holy grail of pharma dex. This nice middle aged woman who knew I was into my drugs said to me "did you know people actually get prescribed speed?" I just took a strip of it out my pocket and showed her like yeah. She was begging me to have a few haha.
Did you give her any? Lol

meth is supposed to be a different buzz to speed tho, isn't it ? also, ya can't really smoke speed wheras you can smoke meth amphet. i realise what i've just written might not make sense, but bear in mind, i'm a heroin and crack addict and have never even seen meth in real life. i have used speed a few times, never really liked it though.

just look at their eyes. usually you can tell. that or compare their behavior. people behave differently when they are high and on drugs than when they are sober. i know you must know what that person is like sober...

i hate when ppl are on crystal ,drinking or opiates ect. and won't stop talking by the time it's my turn I forgot what I was gonna say, and when i speak they cut me off at the end, that's a sign, I do it sometimes when I drink but I try and b mindfull...