• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to reduce the tolerance of weed ?

As mentioned above, exercise and proper diet will do wonders. Also start taking a daily multi-vitamin, you'd be surprised on how all this effects your high. Also taking a break is obvious.

Another suggestion previously mentioned is to switch to a "legal blend" that works such as the spice-a-like products which will get you stoned but contain no THC. Whether this has a cross tolerance i do not know.

If you need help obtaining those blends just send me a pm and I will explain further. Good luck either way!

You might not like niacin, so I suggest you take the release over time one, because what it does is after you take it, it will make your body feel as if it was sunburnt for around 15 minutes. Niacin is actually a very good vitamin, increases your overall health.

Yeah, when I took niacin the first time, my face felt really hot for about 5 minutes, and I was really confused what was going on. It's not that bad though, although people have asked me why my face is so red, as it's very noticeable.

take a break, switch up methods of ingesting....bongs, pipes, vapor, eating, est. Exercise is good too, and vitamins.

Another suggestion previously mentioned is to switch to a "legal blend" that works such as the spice-a-like products which will get you stoned but contain no THC. Whether this has a cross tolerance i do not know.

They are partially cross-tolerant.

take a break, switch up methods of ingesting....bongs, pipes, vapor, eating, est. Exercise is good too, and vitamins.
Smoking joints does help reduce tolerance... Bongs are really bad for health... I myself smoke bongs daily but Im planning to take a month off and smoking joint only... Also smoke hash if u can't get high AF on weed

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to take a decently long tolerance break from weed that you actually use medicinally? Y'all talk about taking a tolerance break as if it were nbd like 'eat some fruit n drink some water', but I feel suicidal and intensely anxious when I don't smoke for a day. I definitely need to get my tolerance down, I just don't know how to go about it. Does anyone have any tips on how to do so, and actually get through it, while dealing with severe mental health issues that you normally medicate w/weed?

I know THC is stored in fat so i guess working out could help reduce tolerance but there's nothing like a good month tolerance break.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to take a decently long tolerance break from weed that you actually use medicinally? Y'all talk about taking a tolerance break as if it were nbd like 'eat some fruit n drink some water', but I feel suicidal and intensely anxious when I don't smoke for a day. I definitely need to get my tolerance down, I just don't know how to go about it. Does anyone have any tips on how to do so, and actually get through it, while dealing with severe mental health issues that you normally medicate w/weed?
well in this case, you should be gradually decreasing the amount you smoke, either by smoking less at a time or on less occasions over the day. i am a daily user (recreational) and just switching from getting high first thing in the morning to later in the afternoon gives a huge decrease in tolerance (for me). you need to find a dose which helps your symptoms, but makes you less inebriated... tolerance will drop over time.

A few tips from someone who's been battling tolerance for years:

Try smoking less during each session, and don't redose (smoke more) at all or until you've almost completely come down from the last time.

Find different (and better) strains. Many strains seem to have a ceiling, in other words you can smoke more and more of that strain without getting higher than a certain point.

Better strains generally have a higher "ceiling," and switching up strains is extremely useful in keeping tolerance low (or at least in getting higher). A certain amount of tolerance seems to be "strain-specific" so you may think you have a very high tolerance, but it's possible that a different strain could still get you very high.

Also, get better weed, if possible. That may sound like i'm making an assumption that your bud isn't high quality, but I obviously have no idea what your stuff is like. That said, you might be surprised to find that there is better shit around. Keep your ear to the ground.

And as others have said, take a break. That's the only real way to lower your tolerance, as far as I know. A break can also be refreshing mentally/psychologically, and will also help you appreciate the high again when you start again. A week break will probably give you a pretty couple intense highs when you come back. Two weeks or more and you'll feel almost like you'd never smoked before. There was actually a study done on rats (which may have limited applicability to humans) with cannabis tolerance and I think the conclusion was that about 11-14 days was required for tolerance to disappear (sorry not to cite a reference, shouldn't be hard to find the article if someone is so inclined). The above tips are just "tricks" to stay high, but won't necessarily actually have any impact on your tolerance.

Good luck.

I agree. Strain tolerance and quantity smoked are huge. I've been smoking for almost 17 years now (Jesus time flies....) and I have found that if I keep it at between 3.5-5 grams a week and switch up my strains, it keeps working just the same. I have found that "less is more" is the best philosophy. Its like any other medication, find the lowest functional dose and try to stick with that. This is my complaint with "dabbing." Having had access to material which only cost me in time and resources... and having the option to turn said material into oil, that when I did the result was always that after a couple of weeks, the bho only did as much as bud would have, only then I was consuming exponentially more actives to achieve the same effect. As Paracelsus said: The dose makes the poison. (or Everything is poison it is only a question of dose) ie bad things happen when you consume too much of something.

Exercise and proper diet (healthy carbs and proteins) combined with a week break will MURDER your tolerance. Heavy cardio and compound lifts...

EDIT: and yeah, energy drinks won't help you. I'd stick with cranberry and high vit B and C intake.

That sounds like a perfect way, thank you. I will try it this week.

Shouldn't you just quit for a while if you don't get that high anymore? Sorry to state the obvious, but there isn't really any way around it. You have to be less high for a while if you got too high for a while.

With weed, I find that after some time of heavy smoking (I wouldn't even consider one bong rip every 4 hours heavy smoking... I'm talking ounces a week and massive dabs) - I can't even notice any effects anymore. Just get burnt out and waste a lot of money, and end up really wanting to be sober for a while.

Tolerance goes down faster than any other drug I have used. However, it will go right back up again if the break is not for a significant duration of time. Not only that, but the key is to break the habitual pattern of use so that it doesn't happen again. That's what takes a while... I had to quit for 3 years and I still fucked up this year smoking too much and lost interest in weed completely for the time being.

Pot just seems like something that you need to give a break once in a while to keep it fresh and positive. I smoked all day every day this year and stopped a week ago. No cravings, no withdrawal symptoms, nothing apart from some rebound anger which is actually healthy for me at this time in my life since I am fighting the opioid demon and rock heavy metal guitar. I actually feel better than before, it's not addictive so why not take a break for a year?

I don't really believe in beating around the bush with different strains and stuff like that. You'll never get the same good highs as in the beginning. When I started dabbing after 3 years, I was having spiritual experiences while having a month-long laugh attack essentially. Like... I seriously giggled non-stop for a month straight haha. Dabbing after a 3 year break it was fucking awesome!!! You certainly are not going to get to that point by stopping for a week...

Weed is so benign to the body and so much fun to smoke or dab that this always ends up happening to me. I take really really long breaks and then smoke the hell out of the stuff for a while and enjoy myself until I no longer am capable of getting stoned. 2017 will be a cannabis-free year for me.

Last edited: