• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos how to potentiate lorazepam???

Hmmm, trying to potentiate lorazepam? Benzo's are something I rarely take solo, (ecspecially lorazepam, and the exception being of course alprazolam). I would say weed is a great potentiator, as benzo's work wonders on the negative effects of cannabis. Other than that a brew or two will get you feeling nice, but there's a thin line in my experience between a nice relaxed buzz and blackouts and shit getting broken, so naturally, pace yourself

Not much in the way of potentiation as such... Other downers will synergize with it. Other benzos, small amounts of alcohol, sedating antihistamines, muscle relaxants, cannabis.

Man, I've tried alprazolam, clonazepam, lorazepam, and even had/have a script for diazepam and temazepam. I'm yet to catch a "buzz" from benzos... :\ They worked great for my anxiety back when I was less mentally healthy than I am now, but aside from that never produced euphoria or anything enjoyable. I've about given up on 'em...

Tomorrow night's experimental cocktail: Ambien. %)

i hear that, i only get high off benzos after drinking w/ them

To each his own, I find that a beer or two with 1mg of lorazepam does the trick, however, CH makes an excellent point and I'll elaborate on it, part of a benzo blackout is forgetting that you, well, took benzos, I have a lorazepam script and I've drank on it before, woke up and four pills were gone?

What happened? I ate them while blacked out on the first milligram or so, but yeah, it is euphoric, at least for me. I think benzos are most euphoric for people who are using them "on-label" (for anxiety, usually). The euphoria comes from the elimination of anxiety.

Try it with an antihistamine before you try it with alcohol. At least you won't get as shitty of a hangover, if you get one at all, with an antihistamine.

Hate to bump an old thread, but I thought it was a better idea than posting a new one.

Gabapentin potenates Benzo's like mad and doctors will hand out scripts for it.

Pregabalin, although a little harder to source, will be even better than Gabapentin as it's the more potent successor to Gabapentin. All the derivatives of Pregabalin will also work great.

Another good idea is Centrally Acting muscle relaxants. They heighten GABA activity and will greatly add to a benzo high. Specifically, Baclofen is amazing at potenating a benzo, but like any other mixing of drugs, caution should be used when mixing drugs.

A word of caution as well. Anticholinergic muscle relaxants are very dirty drugs. They will slightly potenate a benzo, but if you take too much - you're in for some nasty effects.

Last edited:
I started out with about a 3/4ths full stomach. Just BTW if you don't already know, the amount of food in your system is way larger of a factor than most people realize, food depotentiates (is there a correct term for that?) drugs significantly. I took 2 mg of lorazepam at 9:45 (it's 11:13 now). I ate a grapefruit from about 10:50-11:00. As I was eating it I noticed it was a bit stronger. Before going upstairs, I popped triple the recommended dose of allegra and definitely noticed the lorazepam getting stronger shortly after. Pretty soon after that I popped 100 mg of diphenhydramine, which slurred things up a bit and made the lorazepam a bit stronger. I went back downstairs after that and was about to take claritin but my mom knew I was on allegra so I ended up having to take prevacid instead, which probably has no effect here. At 11:24 the lorazepam hit like a rock, and now I'm feeling quite euphoric at 11:28.