• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How To Not Chew Tongue On Meth?

It's funny I never chew on heroic doses of meth but I do on doses of dexamfetamine as low as 20 mg. I take magnesium supplements to try and avoid it but I'm not sure they are that helpful, though I only recently started and apparently it takes time.

It's funny I never chew on heroic doses of meth but I do on doses of dexamfetamine as low as 20 mg. I take magnesium supplements to try and avoid it but I'm not sure they are that helpful, though I only recently started and apparently it takes time.

What type of magnesium and at what dose?

I take dexamphetamine too and 200mg magnesium citrate taken with my first dose does the job perfectly. I get very mild jaw chattering but nothing like proper gurning. If I take over 20mg I will usually take another 200mg magnesium.

What type of magnesium and at what dose?

I take dexamphetamine too and 200mg magnesium citrate taken with my first dose does the job perfectly. I get very mild jaw chattering but nothing like proper gurning. If I take over 20mg I will usually take another 200mg magnesium.

I just started taking magnesium glycinate capsules which have total elemental magnesium of 105 mg morning and night. It's only been a couple of days. Maybe I need to take two. Dexamfetamine makes me lick my lips compulsively which meth doesn't do. At least I hope it's the dex doing that and not some weird side-effect from the Abilify I take. That would be worrisome.

I just started taking magnesium glycinate capsules which have total elemental magnesium of 105 mg morning and night. It's only been a couple of days. Maybe I need to take two. Dexamfetamine makes me lick my lips compulsively which meth doesn't do. At least I hope it's the dex doing that and not some weird side-effect from the Abilify I take. That would be worrisome.

I lick my lips compulsively anyway so can't weigh in on that one. That form of magnesium should work fine, basically the one to avoid is oxide which has an abysmal BA. Anecdotally the citrate is supposedly "best", and it's no more expensive than the others (except the useless oxide) so I just get that. 105mg is a low dose though, taking two at a time should produce a better effect.

Regarding Abilify in general you may notice some interactions with dex because aripiprazole is an antagonist of some dopamine receptors and a partial agonist of others. However, amphetamine is not a direct agonist of dopamine receptors, but rather an agonist of primarily TAAR1 which in turn indirectly increases dopamine levels. And really if you noticed no interactions with meth I don't see why dex should be an issue. If you feel stimulated from the dex that suggests the dopamine activity is working as it should.

I think you are right that this is a new med for you and it takes some time to adjust. When I first got put on Vyvanse I remember absolutely fucking flying from 30mg it was utterly insane. After the first few weeks I built a tolerance and it became much more strictly functional with much fewer side effects, which is good because I got bad comedowns during those early days.

I think you are right that this is a new med for you and it takes some time to adjust. When I first got put on Vyvanse I remember absolutely fucking flying from 30mg it was utterly insane. After the first few weeks I built a tolerance and it became much more strictly functional with much fewer side effects, which is good because I got bad comedowns during those early days.

That's interesting. My psychiatrist reckons that people who truly have ADHD don't develop tolerance to dexamfetamine so far as dealing with the actual ADHD symptoms goes. I've never felt high on dex, but then again meth makes me pretty chill too. Now that I think about it, when I was on dexamfetamine alone without an antipsychotic I never felt speedy and would often have an afternoon nap in between my 2nd and 3rd doses. I never was completely lights out asleep but I was remarkably chill. It's only since I added in a new high dose of Abilify (20 mg) that I'm getting this lip licking thing. When I was on Abilify 10 mg I didn't have it. You can tell how these cocktails really effect us!?

And really if you noticed no interactions with meth I don't see why dex should be an issue.

With meth I believe the Abilify cancelled out any dopamine effects but allowed the norepinephrine stimulation to contine. So no euphoric rush or body high from the IV, just a hot flush followed by high degree of wakefullness and prosexual effects.

That's interesting. My psychiatrist reckons that people who truly have ADHD don't develop tolerance to dexamfetamine so far as dealing with the actual ADHD symptoms goes. I've never felt high on dex, but then again meth makes me pretty chill too. Now that I think about it, when I was on dexamfetamine alone without an antipsychotic I never felt speedy and would often have an afternoon nap in between my 2nd and 3rd doses. I never was completely lights out asleep but I was remarkably chill. It's only since I added in a new high dose of Abilify (20 mg) that I'm getting this lip licking thing. When I was on Abilify 10 mg I didn't have it. You can tell how these cocktails really effect us!?

Yeah I'm usually pretty chill on dex these days too. It's only when I was completely new to amphetamine that I got such a strong effect. Once I got used to it I got straight medical effects.

I haven't noticed any tolerance to the actual medical benefit. But I definitely got a tolerance to the stimmy side effects. It now feels much more mild but very medical. One other effect that has remained is mild music appreciation which I like. Nothing like when I had no tolerance but it's still there mildly.

Cocktails are always something I try to avoid for exactly this reason. In fact I like to avoid meds I must use daily in general. Dex for example, I skip doses on most weekends and if I want to stop using it for a week I can. My concentration will obviously suffer as my ADHD returns, but I won't get any horrible withdrawals as I would with SSRIs for example.

But yeah if that side effect started only when you doubled the dose of Abilify it's probably a safe assumption its the cause.

With meth I believe the Abilify cancelled out any dopamine effects but allowed the norepinephrine stimulation to contine. So no euphoric rush or body high from the IV, just a hot flush followed by high degree of wakefullness and prosexual effects.

This is about what I'd expect yeah. Interesting if dex doesn't do the same. Maybe the mechanism of action between meth and amph is more different than I thought.

. Maybe the mechanism of action between meth and amph is more different than I thought.

I love them both but consider them completely different categories of drug, well meth is in a class of its own compared to other types of amphetamine. Chalk and cheese comparing it with old school speed as has been discussed in a few threads recently.

The trick is to take the least sugar possible as soon as you use. Eat meat focus on a solid base for food. meat cheese eggs, that kind of things. No bread, no soda (sugar..)

Observe how your body react when you eat no sugar at all as soon as you start to use
And eat meat, you know, something consistent that has no carb (no wheat no bread no rice, no corn, no flour)
I eat Ground beef as a base (better if you varry), because it can be eaten fast and with sauce, like tomato sauce(add water, you will have more fun eating your sauce) You can make a good spaghetti sauce (your ground beef + sauce + water + cheese + spices like worshestershire sauce, olives, olives are great in that sauce) and eat it just like that, or chicken also :same process , bechamel sauce, you add more milk and with cheese etc
On meth you will find that eating something that is .hydrated. is better than not
THIS will prevent you from jittering, mouth clenching etc, all the troubles, gone. (You attack the jitters with ground grease lol for real)

I use a toothpick but lemonheads work wonders for it all from tounge chewing, cottonmouth, bruxism. Sounds weird but it works

D-meth doesn't cause lips chewing or jaw clenching for me. Racemic cause that if i do too much, but chewing gum helps, chewing tobacco (obviously you don't chew it, but it helps) and ciggies.