• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How To Not Chew Tongue On Meth?

CHjack

Greenlighter
Hey all. SCHIK(Some Crack Head I Know) came into my office today and asked me how come every time he smokes meth,he chews on his tongue or sucks on his gums really hard and they bleed? He wants to know if snorting would negate this effect? Or if theres a way to smoke and not destroy his mouth?

Hi @CHjack -welcome to Bluelight :)

We don't use SWIM alternatives here, but if it really is SCHIK (lol), then so be it ;)

I don't think snorting would negate that effect.

I would try chewing gum.

You'll wanna chew a lot of sugarfree gum if you're experiencing oral ticks. Really though anyone using meth should chew as much gum as they can to keep the saliva flowing. Brush regularly also and you'll be fine, despite the condescending scare tactics. 🙄

You'll wanna chew a lot of sugarfree gum if you're experiencing oral ticks. Really though anyone using meth should chew as much gum as they can to keep the saliva flowing. Brush regularly also and you'll be fine, despite the condescending scare tactics. 🙄
no one was being condescending.

Chewing Gum is your absolute best bet. Mindfulness exercises recommended by your therapist are probably going to be or limited effectiveness here.

Stay hydrated. Practice good oral hygiene and maintain your body as well as you are able. Good luck.

Could that be what im experiencing to a much less severe (no blood or bite marks) from adderall? It feels like i keep making almost a slight kissing face with my lips and my tongue on the roof of my jaw and clenching my jaw?

Yes. This is actually a very common symptom of stimulant use. I'm referring to repetitive motions like sucking your lips, clicking your tongue, fixing your hair.

It is a hallmark of Methamphetamine users. The movements seem to increase in intensity with dosage. It almost looks like people are dancing in place when they are really high.

Magnesium is the right answer. It will tone down a lot of the physical effects like overactive chewing.

Thank you so much keif. I was convinced it was something i somehow ate or drank or came into contact with that i just couldnt brush or floss away.

Water and magnesium. Magnesium is seriously the one. It reduces gurning from amphetamines significantly.

I don't know if you can get this in other countries but in the UK we have Rennies which contain magnesium and calcium as mints you can suck on. Bloody perfect for if your jaw is outta control. Anyone who does MDMA here knows about them Rennies.

And re: Magnesium you may need a lot to stop strong jaw issues, like 400-600mg.

Magnesium needs to be taken with calcium to absorb properly. Many magnesium supplements contain both. I have run out, but I use a drink powder mix that contains the appropriate blend of calcium and magnesium and a lemon flavor, it's sold as a relaxation aid. It really does work for restless body movements quite well. It should at least help.

Other than that, sugar free gum is going to be your friend, give your mouth something to chew on besides itself.

Everyone keeps saying sugar free just because meth is already going to be hard on your teeth, and sugar will aid in tooth decay.

Tha ls for input guys he got some magnesium pills. He said they helped a little but the more he smoked the more he messed his tongue up.