• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides How to make LSI or Lysergic Acid Isovaleraldemide at home from LSA in morning glory seeds, ancient LSD

They overlap at least partly. Person in fine mental state is more likely to recover or endure longer than someone filled with stress hormones and feeling like world is falling apart.

Psychedelics even show immunomodulatory, antiinflammatory potential... These drugs are great treasures for mankind and people like tregar are doing a great job contributing to vital education as well as inspiration for the community. I half regret saying this as a defensive retort, but i suppose any time is a good time.

Any positive effort should be applauded, especially an effort of freely sharing valuable information.

Yes Tregar your works and others are outstanding! I think I'm in love, or maybe in love with your avatar lol! ♡

Thanks for kind words Opana313. Totally agree Mjall

Eva Radke said:
Absolutely igorcarajo. Go midway down on page 11 https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27850299/fpart/11/vc/1 and you will see pictures labeled pic 1 thru pic 8 with step by step instructions. Notice: NO EVERCLEAR is mentioned. But we warned if you attempt this very easy process with WATER instead of wine, the emulsion in the fridge will not ever clear as I learned the hard way. Wine is an absolute in this process. You will be rewarded with zero nausea just as promised, but with all the actives. From that wine extract on ward is where you began the process of aldehyde experiments, always being sure to add a tablespoon of vinegar which contains the acetic acid which is the chemical catalyst for the amide (LSA) to form new bonds with any in the area aldehydes (acetaldehyde in wine = LSA to LSH), LSA to LSI etc.
Yes, as Eva said the easy steps to follow for the zero nausea mg wine are on page 11. Isovaleraldehyde is around the price of two movie tickets for 25ml. Just 2 drops needed. All this is explained on page 1 with dozen pics.

Important note: isovaleraldehyde used to be widely available even on *mazon and *igh media, (extracted or synthesized in India) but now only a couple places have it for sale directly to individuals, search for 25ml bottle, other places only sell to businesses or university. I am sorry it's not widely available, it is found in mint leaf and steam distilled mint oil. A 25ml bottle (around the price of 2 to 3 movie tickets) has 500 drops, so 2 drops per dose you add and spin with your morning glory wine for 1 hour at high speed on your stir mantel with 1 to 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (contains acetic acid which is the chemical catalyst for the aldehyde adduction) will last around 250 doses or a lifetime.

See post #1 downloadable attachment in references section at the end of paper, for the study that even back in 1937 showed cinnamaldehyde (an even longer chain aldehyde than isovaleraldehyde) adducts onto LSA like looking molecules, and remains stable.

Forensic tests have shown that LSH (LSA + acetaldehyde adduct = LSH) does indeed reach the brain and was found in bloodstream and urine of 2 teenagers, so it does remain stable and reach the brain: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20018470/

...and yes LSI does indeed also remain stable and reach the brain. The study even showed that a catalyst was not even needed to work with cinnamaldehyde, but I use a chemical catalysts (acetic acid in vinegar) to speed up reaction and guarantee it's success anyways, just like the studies I posted on post #1.

Convert ml to drops: https://www.unitconverters.net/volume/milliliter-to-drop.htm

LSA + isovaleraldehyde = Lysergic acid Isovaleraldemide.

I will post more trip reports in future.

Last edited:
Enjoying an ultra bad ass time tonight, 4 hours in...combined the zero nausea morning glory wine made with 25 grams heavenly blue seeds and several drops isovaleraldehyde with 3 hits of LSD, felt like 6 hits of acid and all the alkaloids in the morning glory seeds made it feel ultra-natural with intense shimmering of all visuals, deep insights, divine healing. The 6 other alkaloids in mg add so much more to the experience..very unique.

I never take LSD unless I combine it with at least 20 grams plus of morning glory wine, feels so much more like a high dose natural version of LSD, hits all the extra adrenal receptors that LSD normally does not hit, (same ones mescaline hits) this makes it extra colorful, no man made feeling at all, music is ultra enhanced way beyond just LSD. The shimmering of visuals is to die for. I like to combine the MG wine with LSD, cause I have lots of LSD and need to use it up. Been enjoying the tunes of jaytech all night.

If you need help making the zero nausea mg wine just go to page 11, and go half way down and follow the easy steps with pics: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27850299/page/2/fpart/11/vc/1

https://jaytechmusic.podbean.com/

Page 1 on LSH and LSI with dozen pics: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27850299

Last edited:
Adducts aren't going to exist once introduced to the body's aqueous envinronment.

Perhaps it is the power of suggestion + taking an already active psychadelic.

Page 1 with studies: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27850299/fpart/1/vc/1

Skorpio: Forensic tests have shown that LSH (LSA + acetaldehyde adduct = LSH) does indeed reach the brain and was found in bloodstream and urine of 2 teenagers, so it does remain stable and reach the brain: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20018470/

I've had numerous pm's to condense the tek onto 1 page with pics, as lots of people are wanting to try this, so here it is...print this out and carry it with you and study it, it's super easy and fast I promise.

COMPLETE TEK ON HOW TO MAKE LSH and LSI combo or just LSI (your preference) on this one page with supporting studies, very simple:

Self trip with 600 seeds:
Just took a 40 seed portion of LSA extract that was mixed for 15 minutes with peppermint oil (contains 2mg acetaldehyde per 5 drops, editors note: and contains even more isovaleraldehyde) yesterday and tripped his face off with a friend. Was very clean feeling and relaxed. Rainbows and vibrant fractal energy danced all over the skies and throughout his surroundings and music sounded great. The head-space was very acid like but different. Was a bit intense but he was able to keep it together lol. Whole trip was about 8 hrs long.

I have tried a 20 seed extract without peppermint oil and it seemed uncomfortable and sedating with no visuals, while every time he has added peppermint oil he has gotten visuals.
If you only have a few HBWR seeds, you can mix them for a few minutes with pure peppermint oil drops, see post #1 for recommendation on how many drops of pure peppermint oil to use, or just read below.

This trip report from Kash (long time LSA master) below is taken from post #3 of the beginning of this thread....keep in mind that LEMON JUICE also contains isovaleraldehyde, my best trip report using just a few HBWR was when I mixed them with fresh lemon juice from the fridge for a while, then consumed.

Do not use the cheap grocery store peppermint alcohol extract, instead buy real Peppermint oil max dosage: Adults: 0.2 to 0.4 mL (4 drops to 8 drops max for adults, DO NOT EXCEED: https://www.aafp.org/pubs/afp/issues/2007/0401/p1027.html

I still don't recommend using HBWR but it will still work to form LSI, see post #2 at very beginning of this thread: all about why this is so (MG vs HBWR seeds)...the main reason is that HBWR contains high amounts of ergometrine which causes cramping and vasoconstriction...whereas MG only has traces of it, I've used MG up to 25g and still no cramping or vasoconstriction. You can get way higher on MG seed LSI whereas with HBWR you will start to experience the somatic side effects of cramping way sooner due to the ergometrine if you are not careful on dosage, it's a balancing act with HBWR.

Psychonauts (psychedelic astronauts): you can still find isovaleraldehyde out there, you just have to look, try looking for the 25ml bottle.

Kash:
Just took a 40 seed portion of LSA extract that was mixed for 15 minutes with peppermint oil (contains 2mg acetaldehyde per 5 drops, editors note: and contains even more isovaleraldehyde) yesterday and tripped his face off with a friend. Was very clean feeling and relaxed. Rainbows and vibrant fractal energy danced all over the skies and throughout his surroundings and music sounded great. The head-space was very acid like but different. Was a bit intense but he was able to keep it together lol. Whole trip was about 8 hrs long.

I have tried a 20 seed extract without peppermint oil and it seemed uncomfortable and sedating with no visuals, while every time he has added peppermint oil he has gotten visuals.
p.s if you read post #2, you will see that ALL the best MG trip reports involved adding fresh lemon juice, examples below, this is because LEMON JUICE ALSO contains isovaleraldehyde:

vespiary:
Quote:

Having read someone's description of a cold water extraction with added lemon juice, I decided to try it one day. I've tried this method several times and will describe my best trip to date following these notes…

I've found that the ideal dose for my body weight (5'9, 200 lb.) is 30 grams of seeds. I TRIPPED HARD AS HELL.

I saw geometric patterns in everything…

It ranked up there with the best trips of my life, and that includes Mescaline, LSD, and Mushrooms. The trip lasted for about 8 hours and seemed to peak at about 3 hours. Unlike an acid trip where I peak rapidly and then come down fast, this is more like I peak slowly, level off, and then come down slow. I am always in control of my faculties.

Hermes (Lycaeum):
Quote:

With a 400 morning glory seed extract into cold distilled water with a squirt of lemon juice, I see amazing three and seemingly four-dimensional shapes morphing and bifurcating. Often I get religious and esoteric themed visuals, like fractal cherub wings and winged eyes like those in some of Alex Grey's work. Eyes are all over everything! I see pyramids and sphinxes and Gigeresque biomechanical forms. I see amazing geometric lattice structures. I watch mathematical space-filling algorithms doing their thing.

I also find that I can control the imagery by an act of will. Anything I intend to visualize comes forth and then goes beyond what I had imagined and then transforms into something else. This is great for artists! I could swear that on one occasion while listening to Mozart's Requiem, Heaven itself opened up inside my skull! It was incredible! OH, THE BEAUTY! I saw glorious celestial architecture and there were seraphs singing along with the chorus in the music. I just can't even begin to describe what this was like.

I had tears streaming down my face. I was in the highest ecstacy I have ever known. And all of this with a nothing more than a good mindset, good music, and only about 500 seeds. I'll never forget it. It was probably all in my imagination, programmed by my Catholic upbringing. I don't know and don't really care where it came from. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced, and I still feel great joy when I think of it. I felt so whole!

My comment: Lemon juice also contains ISOVALERALDEHYDE just like peppermint leaf.

Hermes (lycaeum March 2003) on morning glory visuals & strength, extracted into cold distilled water with a squirt of lemon juice:
Quote:

Depending on seed quality, you should get some weak to decent effects from 8 grams, like mild reality bending, marked enhancement of aesthetic perception, insights, weak open eye visuals, moderate but subtle closed eye visuals (especially with music). I find that more satisfactory results are achieved with more seeds, like 14 grams or more. This much is needed to enter truly psychedelic territory. I wouldn't recommend this much if you haven't tried lower doses with the same seeds and method, however.

I usually just measure by Burpee bags. These are 1.8 grams each. I have used anything ranging from 3 to 12 of these. Strangely, the 12 bag trip was relatively weak. They must have been some old seeds. My strongest experience ever with MG seeds was with the Martha Stewart brand from K-Mart. I had strong effects, with good open eye visuals, on only 300 seeds! I used a cold water extraction with some added lemon juice, but the alcoholic extract by Stretchman also here at the Lycaeum I tried was the strongest.

I had strong 4D lattice-like open eye visuals and warping and melting of furniture with only 400 seeds. There are about 32-36 seeds to a gram. The Martha Stewarts are more expensive than the Burpees. They are like $1.30 a bag or something close to that for a 1.2 gram bag. The Burpees are something like $0.88 a bag and each bag has 1.8 grams. That's $2.05 a gram for Martha Stewart seeds and $0.92 a gram for Burpee seeds. It seems to be a trade off.

My comment: lemon juice contains isovalearaldehyde as well.

Nogal (the Nook):
Quote:

Yes I know of someone who tried the CWE method with the Heavenly Blue variety, except with the substitution of a coffee grinder in place of a stone metate (I think that's what is called but I could be wrong), and a squirt of lemon in the water, with around 400-500 seeds. Closed and open eyed visuals were extremely breath taking. Some of the most prominent visions were of Aztec/Mayan glyphic patterns, a menacing and demonic technicolor nymph made of light who tried to seduce the viewer, and this bizare trail of energy spheres which each contained a different stylized animal form (again definately of Aztec/Mayan origin).

My comment: lemon juice contains isovalearaldehyde as well.

dmthead420:
Quote:

Seems this does do alot more, its alot more refined, clean, less body high all mind high.. i extracted 700 riveas into 100 ml of lemon juice , 50ml water .. that sat 9hrs in the fridge(water stayed the color of lemon juice but smelled like alkaloids) i filtered and added 100ml of sherry wine and that sat 6hours..

A buddy and i sampled 12ml of this and the effect is way different from just eating the seeds or just a simple water extract..

No body feelings AT ALL, not even the normal body buzz.. just a extreme lsd like head and abstract thoughts, better sense of understanding.... Real soon i am def going to try a large dose ..I Feel GreaT...I will no longer do it any other way.....my friend says the same.

Norman, mycotopia, said on 16 September 2019:
Quote:

Years ago I stumbled across a simple method for dosing HBWR.
Grind the seeds and cover them with white wine, let sit in the fridge for a day or so, shaking occasionally, decant, filter and drink.
No nausea no aches no vasoconstriction.
I am now off alcohol completely so I’m thinking of an alternative method short of a full on extraction.
I’m convinced that something in the wine besides water and alcohol is what makes the trip so clean. I’ve tried twelve percent water alcohol mixes in the past and still had the nasty side effects and at the same time the trip is not as strong.
I’m thinking acetaldehyde and or tartaric acid may be involved or at least a good place to start.
Any thought on what chemically may be going on?

Red22:
Quote:

"This paper states tha "LSH" was identified in blood and/or urine samples in two individuals who ingested the seeds. This is interesting because Peter Webster alleges that LSH will immediately decompose when in the body. This paper indicates that that's not true.

Klinke HB, Müller IB, Steffenrud S and Dahl-Sørensen R, Two cases of lysergamide intoxication by ingestion of seeds, which resulted in one fatality due to falling from a building and one surviving witness. Forensic Sci Int, 2010, 197(1-3), e1-5. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20018470/

Easy steps, I've used this process over two dozen times in a 2 year period, it works with zero nausea:

---> You can even drink this LSH and LSI enhanced liquid extract at the same time you drop your LSD for an experience that is way beyond LSD, the LSH and LSI adds infinite dimensions to the normal LSD experience, like incredible (I mean phenomenal !) music enhancement, every sound in the music is "epic", infinite beauty enhancement, strong sensual feelings, strong neon like color saturation, flowing visuals, energy fields seen in constant motion around all objects, heavy tracers, etc. These qualities LSH and LSI adds are very similar to what cactus tea adds in my experience when added to LSD.

This is most likely due to LSH and LSI hitting 5 more adrenal recpetors associated with beauty, aesthetics and sensuality beyond normal LSD, see radioligand chart for LSH. I used this potion every time I tripped, you can even add it to cactus tea by taking drinking the LSH potion 1 hour later (always stagger 1 hour so the amides do not clash with the trace maoi's in cactus, only take in that order) it's incredible.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--> How to make the ZERO NAUSEA morning glory wine which is used for all aldehyde experiments, example: forming LSH and LSI from the LSA in the seeds: <--

How this works, from 2022 aldehydes paper, see 1960's study by Arcamone, go to post #1 to read all the studies (5 papers). LSH and LSI do make it to the bloodstream and urine, so it does indeed reach the brain so long as you keep it in it's original state (in acidic wine so it does not decompose back to LSA which will happen in plain water or nonacidic solutions) store in fridge or freeze in freezer to keep forever, drink as so.

Pic 1: Sherry wine is the wine highest in acetaldehyde.

Pic 2: With only a lamp on in garage, no overhead bright light: grind 15 grams or 525 heavenly blue morning glory seeds in a coffee grinder (35 seeds per gram) using 10 second grind with occasional shaking of coffee grinder, pause 5 seconds, then grind again 10 seconds, repeat x 4 times, you will end up with a dust like consisteny, all the alkaloids are extracted from within the tough rubbery embryo of the seed. 525 seeds x .01mg LSA per seed = 5mg LSA

Pic 3: Place ground seed dust into a 1/2 pint tall jar (*almart case of 12, canning section), add 4 shots of cold just opened fresh sherry wine from the fridge, and around 30mg of DL tartaric acid which aids the extraction (from hi media store, *mazon, auction or similar). Do not use plain L-tartaric acid used in wine making, get the good stuff, which contains the D isomer. D-lyergic acid amide isomer salts are the potent form of salts.

And also ADD a tiny splash or 1 to 2 teaspoons of acetic acid or VINEGAR (I use apple cider vinegar) to catalyze the condensations of the aldehyde to LSA: acetaldehyde in this case onto the amide of LSA, and isovaleraldehyde to form LSI. The vinegar acts as an important catalyst as it contains acetic acid, and speeds the formation of new adduct product, see study below:

From Mehra, R.K & Panya, K.C. 1938, The condensation of aldehydes with amides - part III, the condensation of cinnamaldehyde with acetamide. Proc Natl Acad Sci India Phys Sci 7(6). 376-380

NOTE: from paper: Acetamide (very similar to LSA) when cinnamaldehyde adduct added, forms: N,N'cinnamylidenediacetamide just as LSA + isovaleraldehyde forms LSI or Lysergic Acid Isovaleraldemide. RATS RESPOND TO it as if they had been given LSD, and this human rat loves the effects, the closest thing in nature I've ever experienced that is very similar to LSD. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE !!!
:heart:

Cinnamaldehyde should not be used as it contains nearly twice the number of carbons and hydrogens and thus weak activity due to this (weights way too much)...only use isovaleraldehyde (weight is perfect) to form the potent LSI. However, I am showing the study so that you see an even "longer chain aldehyde than isovalearaldehyde" will even adduct onto acetamide or LSA as proven in study.

YOU WILL LOVE LSI, it is so very similar to LSD !!!

Re-seal your sherry wine by spraying wine preservation canister which has inert gas (contains argon, carbon dioxide, etc.) around ten dollars from *mazon into your wine before sealing with cork and placing back in fridge, this way the precious acetaldehyde in the wine will not oxidize to vinegar as normally happens over a 5 day period when corked without preserving.

Put lid on and shake contents for 1 to 2 minutes.

Place jar into fridge for 10 minutes after the 2 minute shaking, during this time the nauseating seed debris can be seen falling to the bottom.

Pic 4: Filter entire contents of jar thru a "coffee wire filter" from *almart or *amazon or your local grocery store sitting atop a glass, the liquid above the seed debris will filter real fast in seconds, then filter the debris at the bottom from the jar, once the debris is in basket, use a spoon to press down on it to get all the liquid out, this only takes around 10 seconds.

Pic 5: Place this filtered liquid in the fridge for 3 hours or even overnight, within 3 hours, all of the nauseating to the intestines seed debris will have fallen to the bottom. This process begins within an hour after sitting in fridge, check each hour and watch as the seed debris falls by around an inch each hour.

Pic 6: After 3 hours or longer, decant the liquid from above the bottom 1/4" of seed debris, this is what you want to consume, it is psychedelic and results in zero nausea, as there is no seed debris in it. DO NOT DRINK the SEED DEBRIS at very bottom or you will become nauseated and sick, don't worry, there are no alkaloids in it.

Note: never try to extract your seeds using just plain acidified water, I have tried this before, your seed debris will not separate out in the fridge, and you end up with a complete emulsion in the coffee wire filter which will not filter at all, wine is needed to effect the proper extraction, and allows the liquid to separate from the seed emulsion below, this will not happen with a plane water extration. This is how the ancient Aztec and Mayan extracted the seeds using balche, an alcohol they made themselves, see 2nd pic.

Rest of the pics:

sources of isovaleraldehyde: pure chemical (on line 25ml bottle) or you can use fresh lemon juice or pure peppermint oil, I prefer to use the pure chemical.

Use ice bath on your stirrer to keep wine as a combo of LSH + LSI (as LSH adduct acetaldehyde boils off at room temp, so always keep cold, to form LSI only, omit the ice bath, as LSI does not boil off till 198 degree F).

All the alkaloids are concentrated in the fridge decanted liquid above the seed debris. This contains your LSA which has adducted to the acetaldehyde in the wine, forming new amounts of LSH, since the wine is at ph=4, the new LSH adduct product will remain stable indefinately, store in fridge if you plan to use within a few days, or you can freeze and de-thaw in fridge overnight to use next day. It dethaws fast since it is wine.

You just formed LSH using the method above, to form LSI, simply take your 4 shot morning glory wine, and at this point add your 3 drops of isovaleraldehyde along with 1 to 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (if you don't have the pure chemical then add teaspoon or more of lemon juice, or several drops of pure peppermint oil) to form new molecule similar to LSD in every way. Be sure to spin for around 1 hour at high speed. I always use the pure chemical as I have it. Don't forget to add the apple cider vinegar as it contains the acetic acid catalyst which speeds up the adduct chemical reaction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
References: Lysergic acid Isovaleraldemide, LSI

The aldehyde in peppermint oil and leaf and lemon juice is Isovaleraldehyde otherwise known as 3-methylbutanal. If you are a business or researcher you can order it directly, there are also two places that sell direct to individuals, just google it. They delivered it straight to my door, one place starts with a "*******" All you need to add is two drops of this to your LSA sherry wine liquid extract as it spins on the stir mantel for 1 hour at high speed, also must add 1 teaspoon of either vinegar or apple cider vinegar (my preference), as the acetic acid in the vinegar is the catalyst for the condensation of the isovaleraldehyde onto the LSA forming Lysergic Acid Isovaleraldemide, see study above.

There is .01mg LSA in 100 seeds (.01 x 100 = 1mg LSA), just a 100 seed extract has effects very similar to 100ug of LSD, LSI is 1/10th the potency of LSD. Immense visual power with closed eye geometrics, wild colors, music sounds bad ass, divine healing power. I have prepared an extract with 200 seeds and the strength increases similar to 200ug of acid.

I have been tripping my ass off every 14 days or so taking this LSI liquid extract around 1 hour after a very small bridgesii tea prepared with only 450 grams of bridgesii cactus chuncks from around the core (around 225mg mescaline), as I love the combo of cactus + LSD, this is no different. Yes, I have tried LSI many times without the cactus, super potent, highly recommend. I will be using LSI for the rest of my life.

This aldehyde is completely safe and has been administered in high does to rats with no ill effects. This aldehyde as you can see from paper makes up a substantial part of peppermint oil and leaf.

More on LSI:

chemical formula for entry #16....3-aminopentane = CH(C2 H5)2
chemical formula for isovaleraldehyde is (CH3)2 CH2 CH2 CHO

Notice isovaleraldehyde even LOOKS EARILY similar to the tale end of psilocin or DMT with nearly the same exact chemical formula as the tail end of psilocin or DMT, see pics in middle
:eek:

diethylamine from LSD has 4 carbon groups and 11 hydrogen groups with a molecular weight of 73 g/mol.

Both the 3-aminopentane and the isovaleraldehyde of this new discovery have 5 carbon groups and 11 hydrogen groups (once the aldehyde attaches to the H already at the amide of LSA) and BOTH have exact same molecular weights of 87 g/mol similar to diethylamine molecular weight of LSD at 73g/mol.

The 3-aminopentane from Dr. Nichols and isovaleraldehyde discovery join at the R1 substitute of LSA with R=H still. This new aldehyde has same molecular weight as 3-aminopentane on the R1 substitute of LSA with R=H, see Dr. Nichol's paper on page 84, chart shown. This is one of only 2 entries in which the rats responded to it (3-aminopentane) as if they had been given LSD.

Dr Nichols:
Quote:

The important thing to note from the table below, in the far right column, is the fact that LSD has a potency in rats in the drug discrimination behavioral assay of 48 nanomoles per kilogram of rat body weight. Only two other compounds have comparable activity: entries 6 and 16.

Curiously, entry 6 is a monoalkylamide that has the same molecular weight as LSD itself, that is, it has a total of four carbon atoms attached to the amide. Entry 16 has a five-carbon group attached to the amide.

We have no evidence as to whether either of these compounds would be active in man, but these rat data suggest that they might be.

3-aminopentane has a potency in the drug discrimination behavioral assay of 52 nanomoles per kilogram of rat body weight, this is very similar to the 48 nanomoles per kg of rat body weight observed with LSD.

Last 3 pics: Home grown fresh potent mg seeds....if you can't grow them yourself, buy them on-line in bulk and store in freezer to keep potent until you use...also shown: the priest may have made LSI from claviceps paspali ergot (same alkaloid profile as the mesoamerican morning glory) as it grows it the famous Rarian plane adjacent to Eleusis, and served it for 2,000 years in ancient Greece to the psychedelic initiates (hundreds of people drank it at once every Sept). The Kykeon brew was known to contain ergot and fresh peppermint (contains isovaleraldehyde) all mixed together for some time. This easily made brew could have easily fed hundreds of people.

Other topics: Alchemy chemistry fun:

Compilation of pan cyan or panaeolus cyanescens or copeandia cyanescens trip reports, crown jewel of mushrooms:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28108398/page/1

How to extract 2.4g dmt from 170g bark using a 2 Liter erlenmeyer flask (heat and break resistant), post #15:
https://mycotopia.net/topic/111610-hpbcd-dmt-sublingually-active-under-tongue/

Tetrahydroharmine or THH and how to make her, Caapi visionary feminine teaching spirit:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28423951/page/1

Zero nausea HPBCD or aloe vera enhanced penetration Ayahuasca capsules:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28189371/page/1

Cactus tea before waterpark to beat the heat:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28411312/page/4

Make your own 1-acetaldehyde LSD at home from LSD, very similar to ALD-52 or the real orange sunshine:

LSD high dose trip: 20 minute visionary visit from a dead Aztec Shaman:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28451382

On my very first pan cyan mushroom trip, where I went to a house music club tripping with friends, I viewed laser light patterns on the floor of the club, where the women danced, I believe the mushrooms showed me how to form never before seen patterns, as went I went home, over the next several months, I built my own 6 channel audio generator that when these combined frequencies (3 on x channel and 3 on y channel) were sent to a laser x and y galvanometer, were able to produce brand new laser patterns such as collapsing circles and spinning lines 360 degrees which looked beyond belief in the fog as 3-d, I then went on to market these laser scanners to clubs on the strip, and they were a huge success...I owe this creative invention to the mushrooms which sparked new creative energies, way beyond thought, from a higher source where the mushrooms tap into. My love for house music stems back to those days of visiting many clubs as an entertainment laser lighting fixture creator and programmer and making friends with the many DJ's. Over the summer myself and friends were lifeguards at the local water park. But on the weekends we went to parties or house music clubs.

https://www.friskyradio.com/
https://jaytechmusic.podbean.com/

Last edited:
I've got enough projects in the queue for now, but this thread does look mightily exciting. And also incredibly hilarious with the "BUT YOU DIDNT CURE CANCER" comment randomly thrown in. The contrast, the contrast. =D

I might pick this up at some point.

Skorpio: Forensic tests have shown that LSH (LSA + acetaldehyde adduct = LSH) does indeed reach the brain and was found in bloodstream and urine of 2 teenagers, so it does remain stable and reach the brain: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20018470/
2-oxo-3-hydroxy LSA is not anything like the LSA-acetaldehyde adduct.

Below is an image of 2-oxo-3-hydroxy LSD. Notice how the oxygen substituents are not on the amine. The numbering system is the same for LSA.

11419_2022_622_Fig1_HTML.png

If you are going to supply evidence to support your claims, do check that it actually does, because I certainly will.

"Constituents originating from the seeds of A. nervosa, i.e. LSA, ergonovine, lysergic acid alpha-hydroxyethylamide were also identified in the biological samples. The 2-hydroxy-3-oxo metabolites of LSA and ergonovine were identified in the urine sample of the deceased."

Bolded is LSH.

I'm not taking sides btw, both have merits

"Constituents originating from the seeds of A. nervosa, i.e. LSA, ergonovine, lysergic acid alpha-hydroxyethylamide were also identified in the biological samples. The 2-hydroxy-3-oxo metabolites of LSA and ergonovine were identified in the urine sample of the deceased."

Bolded is LSH.

I'm not taking sides btw, both have merits
Yeesh, I really screwed the pooch on that one. Talk about hipocrasy... My bad @tregar

So, on a close reading of the paper, I couldn't find any quantity of LSH or its peak, but they do mention it is in the body, which implies that a non-zero percentage of it exists in biological systems. I'm going to see if there are any quantitative papers, as I do still wonder if the equilibrium in the body allows for a high enough concentration for an active dose to be at the receptors.

Thanks Skorpio for your comments.

Here is a post where several of us talk about using HBWR seeds, my comments several posts down: https://www.shroomer...0&vc=1#28440282

I'm a life long chemist, it's my job to perform chemistry and research all day long for a living. I only post what works. My motive is to help others heal from addictions, pain and suffering such as depression, I've helped many to do this and it makes me happy and gives me satisfaction. I should know because I cured my own addictions and depression of seeing loved ones die. My favorite Shamanic tools for this are traditional real Ayahuasca, pan cyan mushrooms and LSI and LSD and cactus tea.

--> Go to post #1 for the complete 1 page tek with pics and easy fast steps for making LSH or LSH + LSI combo, or just plain LSI...it only takes a few minutes to prepare with a couple hours sitting in fridge, then she is ready to drink <--

And yes, I do have analysis of LSI, but I am saving that and all the details for the book. This has already gotten out, as I started writing about this over a year ago, and isovaleraldehyde has already become banned for shipment by 100% of the chemical suppliers out there last I checked. The last thing the Gov't wants is for kids to make LSI at home, it's too damn easy. You had your time to buy the stuff while it was still available, but nobody took me seriously, now it's too late. It's really ashamed as our democracy has made psychedelics illegal, even though the founders of our democracy in Greece drank the sacred Kykeon brew at Eleusis for 2,000 years every Sept like clockwork.

I have strong doubts about that LSI thing, due to the absence of isovaleramide in the plants the Greeks used, and the fact that monosubstitutions of LSA become inactive after butyl size chains.

If anybody wants near pure LAH, all they have to do is obtain a fungus called Metarhizium brunneum and culture it on agar. LAH probably metabolizes into LAA[1] (although someone posted an interesting argument against this[2]), however, perhaps Peter Webster's LAA equlibrium hypothesis should be taken into account before dismissing LAH.[3]

The fungus Metarhizium brunneum produces ergot alkaloids of the lysergic acid amide class, most abundantly lysergic acid α-hydroxyethylamide (LAH).

...the plant root symbiont and insect pathogen
Metarhizium brunneum produces ergonovine and LAH, with the concentration of LAH dwarfing that of ergonovine by approximately 200 to 1[5, 6].

Contribution of a novel gene to lysergic acid amide synthesis in Metarhizium brunneum. Britton, K.N., Steen, C.R., Davis, K.A., Sampson, J.K., Panaccione, D.G. BMC Res Notes 15, 183 (2022). doi: 10.1186/s13104-022-06068-2

Isolates of M. brunneum and M. anisopliae accumulated the lysergic acid amides lysergic acid α-hydroxyethyl amide, ergine, and ergonovine on sucrose-yeast extract agar but not on two other tested media.

Metarhizium spp. produce ergot alkaloids in culture in an isolate-specific manner. Three of 10 tested isolates of M. brunneum accumulated the ergot alkaloids lysergic acid α-hydroxyethylamide (LAH) and its degradation product ergine, as well as lesser quantities of ergonovine, when grown on sucrose-yeast extract agar (SYE) (Fig. 3A; Table 1). These alkaloids were identified by their fluorescence properties and retention times relative to an authentic standard (for ergonovine) or standards prepared from Periglandula sp.-infected Ipomoea leptophylla (LAH and ergine) (39).

The accumulation of ergot alkaloids in M. brunneum depended on the culture medium on which the fungus was grown; isolates of M. brunneum produced ergot alkaloids on SYE but not on corn meal agar or malt extract agar.

All ergot alkaloid-positive species of
Metarhizium produced lysergic acid amides: most abundantly LAH (along with its hydrolysis product ergine) and lesser quantities of ergonovine. LAH occurs in four stereoisomers as documented in previous work with Claviceps pasapali (42).

Interestingly,
M. brunneum ARSEF 9354 secreted the vast majority of its ergot alkaloids into the culture medium. In this way it differs from other ergot alkaloid-producing fungi, such as N. fumigata and Claviceps purpurea, which retain much of their ergot alkaloids in their mycelia, complicating extraction and purification.

Note: This is a wild strain of M. brunneum, not a GMO.

Several additional Metarhizium species, including M. acridum (two isolates), M. album (three isolates), M. anisopliae (four isolates), M. flavoviride (one isolate), M. guizhouense (two isolates), M. majus (two isolates), M. pingshaense (one isolate), and M. robertsii (two isolates), were tested for accumulation of ergot alkaloids on SYE. Among these additional isolates, only M. anisopliae ARSEF 7426 accumulated detectable ergot alkaloids on SYE when analyzed by HPLC with fluorescence detection (Table 1).

Several Metarhizium Species Produce Ergot Alkaloids in a Condition-Specific Manner. Leadmon CE, Sampson JK, Maust MD, Macias AM, Rehner SA, Kasson MT, Panaccione DG. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2020 Jul 2;86(14):e00373-20. doi: 10.1128/AEM.00373-20

Further Reading: Metarhizium: jack of all trades, master of many. St. Leger RJ, Wang JB. Open Biology, Dec 9, 2020. doi: 10.1098/rsob.200307

1. LAH stability info

2. https://www.reddit.com/r/LSA/commen.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 (see last quote)

3. So, we have the possibility that a molecule of ergine [LAA] can be in one of three different states: It can be ergine in the chair or boat conformation, or it can be isoergine in the chair conformation. And in many chemical and physical situations, the three forms are constantly converting from one form to the others, and achieving a typical equilibrium distribution.

We therefore must consider that in an ergot preparation made according to our suggested method — and in morning glory seeds as prepared by Mesoamerican shamans — we are not dealing with pure ergine or pure isoergine. Both pure compounds have been tested and found wanting by some investigators, including Dr. Hofmann.

I would like to suggest, therefore, that the equilibrium mixture of ergine and isoergine (with ergine also in equilibrium between its two conformations) may actually be the true psychoactive of the kykeon and ololiuhqui. Since ergine spontaneously changes to isoergine when in solution, over a period of an hour or more, any process to partially hydrolyze the alkaloids of ergot, such as our proposed recipe — or even the Aztec shamans' procedure for extracting ololiuhqui — should result in an equilibrium mixture of the three forms.

Taking either ergine or isoergine as a pure compound, however, may not result in the equilibrium mixture arriving at brain receptors. The equilibrium reaction takes some time to occur, perhaps an hour or more, and is brought about most effectively by basic conditions — and neither in the stomach nor in the blood do we find sufficiently basic conditions for the equilibrium to readily establish itself within a short time period.

Concerning the psychoactivity of ergine/isoergine mixtures, I have long had great confidence that extracts of morning glory seed, and by analogy a partial hydrolysis preparation made from ergot, could be quite powerfully psychoactive. In the late 1960s, when I started my research on these matters, I went to Mexico to experiment with morning glory seeds. To begin, I extracted several kilos of seeds using a simple process, purifying an alcoholic extract between organic solvents in the alternating presence of aqueous solutions of ammonia and tartaric acid.

After a couple days' work, I obtained a nearly colorless syrup that exhibited the bright-blue fluorescence typical of active lysergic acid compounds. A few milligrams of this syrup, taken in a capsule, produced one of the most powerful psychedelic experiences I had known — by then I had already taken large doses of LSD several times as well as a few other notorious psychedelic agents.

It has ever since been a mystery to me why ergine should be such a fickle psychedelic, failing with some trials yet succeeding in others. My explanation — perhaps not entirely satisfactory, I admit — is that my extraction procedure allowed the equilibration of the original extracted ergine to the three ergine variants, and it was this mixture that was so effective. We know, of course, that sometimes a mixture of two or more drugs can be more effective than any single component of the mixture alone.

A question kept popping up in my mind, however: Why shouldn't ergine itself be reliably psychoactive? It is a close relative of LSD and its cousin, the dimethylamide, both of which are undeniably and strongly psychedelic. Perhaps this flipping of ring D between chair and boat conformations made ergine less available to their target brain receptors or even prevented ergine from remaining at receptors known to be affected by LSD.

There are other examples of drugs whose receptor affinity is limited by such conformation change, so it seems a good bet that this might be the case with ergine as well.

LSD, having ethyl groups and not hydrogens on the amide nitrogen, cannot form the hydrogen bond which stabilizes the boat form of the D-ring as in ergine, or which stabilizes isoergine to a unique conformation, so LSD remains exclusively in the chair form, and this might help to explain its extraordinary potency.

An additional consideration about the psychoactivity of LSD compared to that of ergine is also significant. It is, in fact, the stabilization of isoergine in the boat conformation by the hydrogen bond that affects the equilibrium concentrations of the two epimers, ergine vs. isoergine. This will depend on the particular solvent, of course, but in water or in the body, we should expect that an approximately 50/50 mixture of ergine and isoergine will exist. But since there is no hydrogen bonding possible with LSD to stabilize its iso form, the eqilibrium concentration of LSD vs. iso-LSD is far from 50/50. In fact, LSD in water solution or the body is 88% in the active epimer and only 12% iso-LSD. In addition, it takes a very long time - up to a week - for pure active LSD to epimerize to that equilibrium concentration, so that a dose of pure active LSD would arrive in the brain intact, with essentially no conversion to its epimer, iso-LSD.

The Mythology and Chemistry of the Eleusinian Mysteries (lecture given at the 2006 LSD symposium in Basel).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwfkJkvbR-I&start=3448
Webster starts talking about pharmacodynamics at 54:06 and focuses on LAA at 57:28.
Webster's hypothesis is based on the following study:

Ergoline derivatives—VIII: Configuration and conformation of lysergamides and dihydrolysergamides. L. Bernardi, W. Barbieri, Tetrahedron, Volume 21, Issue 9, 1965, Pages 2539-2551, ISSN 0040-4020, 10.1016/S0040-4020(01)93909-2

Peter Webster left LAH out of his equilibrium hypothesis, probably because he wasn't aware that fresh morning glory seeds contain predominantly LAH (see the last quote in the first reference, above), so I emailed him and asked him if perhaps LAH metabolized into this special equilibrium. Webster told me that he didn't think LAH, alone, would create the equilibirum, but that it could be an important contributor.

I should also point out that a recent study that David Nichols participated in examined the conformations of several ergoamides, including LAA:

First, the key amide side chain of LSD—the group that distinguishes it from the far less hallucinogenic lysergamide (LSA)—adopts a constrained conformation in the binding site that cannot exchange readily with alternative conformational states. This conformation, and by extension the contacts made, is crucial for LSD’s actions, and close analogs that cannot adopt it are much less active in vivo.

Crystal Structure of an LSD-Bound Human Serotonin Receptor. Wacker D, Wang S, McCorvy JD, Betz RM, Venkatakrishnan AJ, Levit A, Lansu K, Schools ZL, Che T, Nichols DE, Shoichet BK, Dror RO, Roth BL. Cell. 2017 Jan 26;168(3):377-389.e12. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2016.12.033. PMID: 28129538; PMCID: PMC5289311

In fact, LSD in water solution or the body is 88% in the active epimer and only 12% iso-LSD. In addition, it takes a very long time - up to a week - for pure active LSD to epimerize to that equilibrium concentration, so that a dose of pure active LSD would arrive in the brain intact, with essentially no conversion to its epimer, iso-LSD.
This if correct is implicating that LSD stored in water is not the way to go. But weren’t original Sandoz vials water? Sure the were but was something added to stabilize it or maybe that fact wasn’t discovered back than?

Another implication is that really, really fresh acid looses potency rather fast but than stays on that level. So it drops by 12% if stored in water or if improperly stored (humidity and heat obviously cause some to convert to iso-LSD) rather fast and than proceeded to degrade in a different way or it continues to be LSD to iso-LSD as a first and fastest step of degradation?

The ZERO NAUSEA 25g seed (800 seed) morning glory wine, simply decant and drink only what is above the 1/4" layer of particles at the bottom. The wine sits in fridge only a few hours, then all the particles fall to the bottom, and it's ready to use!

The particles at bottom are nauseating to the intestines so only drink the wine above it--zero nausea and a fabulous psychedelic trip. You can also drink this wine with regular LSD for a trip that is WAY BEYOND normal LSD. Way more colorful, way more music enhancing, way more visual and euphoric with divine healing.

This wine can also be used for all your aldehyde experiments like making LSI, super potent, VERY similar to LSD but with a much more natural feel.

zero nausea morning glory wine, simply decant and drink what is above the one quarter inch layer of particles at the bottom.JPG

much more natural feel.
what does this even mean? natural doesn't equal better. ricin is natural. so is botulism.

not to break you down, honestly i'm always interested in your lysergamide threads... i'm just naturally a skeptic.