• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to inject opana er

I dare you all not to shoot OPANA ER! I live in Austria, and here we have a medication called "Compensan retard" (the "retard" stands for extended release). The pills come in strengths of 60, 120, 200 and 300mg. They contain morphine-hydrochloride-trihydrate.

They are prepped by the junks (I did it myself a few times, but micron-filtered) like that:
-Wash coating off (of course they just suck it off, and it's useless to tell them that they should use water)
-water on spoon, WHOLE pill in the water
-heat it till it boils, boil for 30-60seconds, Pill will swell just a little bit. It's not noticable for someone who doesn't know.
-Now the pill was cooked for a minute, it has become deformable. "Ductile" like metals. You just stomp the pill to a flat circle with your syringe cap. Try not to break the "pill" apart, as it will cause more shit to dissolve, which does anyway.
-let it cool, cool with cold water that you spill over cosmetic pads, then put the spoon on them (NOBODY does it except me I guess, but if I didn't have anything back in the days when I shot this stuff, I wouldn't even touch it, as my DOC was oxys - yes we still have shootable oxys here, now I am forced by my doctor to use morphine as it's cheaper for the insurance)
-cotton-filter it
-micron-filter it
-shoot slowly, as morphine causes an intense histamine rush which CAN kill you if it is too intense. Even if you have a very high opiate tolerance (like 800-1000mg morphine IVed a day), it doesn't mean that your histamine tolerance has risen this far too. I nearly died three times because of the histamine.

Now the junkies here think that the "Compensan" is better than the "Substitol", which is in fact better! Substitol contains a waxy granulate which contains morphine-sulphate-pentahydrate. Strenghts are 120 (green capsules) and 200mg (red capsules). Just cook the granulate up with water on a spoon, let it cool down (cool it, so that most of the insuluables settle down on the bottom), micron-filter and shoot. All people except me don't micron-filter, they just cotton filter (if they do!) and shoot it. Problem: talc. But it's MUCH better than the Compensan. The company that makes Compensan wanted to make more money and thought they could bring the same pills to the market under another name. It's named "Vendal" and it's fore pain patients, but no pain patient gets it, as all doctors prescribe it for opiate maintainance therapy. In German, we call this "therapy" "Substitution".

So there's pills called "Compensan" and "Vendal" (they are the same, just different names) which contain morphine. They must be cooked as a whole and now comes the shocking part: HALF of one 200mg pill blocks one micron filter! It just won't go through it. There's something in the pill which is soluable I think. Macrogol maybe? Don't know. But I think it could be the same as in the OPANA ER pills. The "solution" you get is a little more "thick" than water. I don't know how to say it... it's "viscid" or "viscous" (the dictionary said that's the words for what I mean). You know what I mean. It's just a little more thick than water. As if something had dissolved in it which binds water, or if a hell of a lot insuluable particles which are smaller than 0,2µm (and bigger) are in it.

I personally HATE shooting those things, as I fear having an embolus. A solution has to be like water. And if something blocks your micron-filter, it's dangerous! I could filter 20 oxy pills (oxycontin 80mg) through one micron-filter (cotton-filtered before of course, otherwise the filter would be filled up with fillers after a single one pill). I could even filter more, and the micron-filter would still do well. The solution is like water. You all know what I mean. The same with Substitol. I cook it up, let it cool down, micron-filter and it's like water. It won't block the filter either.

There is something in OPANA ER, as well as in other pills like Compensan and Vendal which I mentioned, that dissolves and binds water I guess. OPANA ER are designed to gel up anyway, right? So there you got it. Even if you soak your pills in water or water/IPA, some of that shit dissolves and binds water, and that's why it blocks a micron-filter. Even if you can't see anything blocking it, you can't push the plunger down anymore. It's BLOCKED. The Compensan/Vendal pills I mentioned have much less of that stuff in them I guess, so they don't gel up, BUT they form a "solution" that's a little bit thicker than water. But I guess it's the absolute same substance that causes this water-binding-effect or at least an equivalent one.

Look: It's no mystery to create a ER pill. The pharma-people all around the globe use similar substances or even the same substances to create this or that effect.

I really hope that the global system breaks down in the next few years (5-10 years or so) so humanity HAS to build a new and better one, a human one. I hope that people who need opioids to feel healthy get the opioid the want in whatever form they want it (injectable, snortable powder, pills, drops...) and whatever quantity they need it. The prices needed to be fair and the insurance should pay it. I mean one gram of mophine-hcl isn't worth much. It costs 10 dollars, and that's the highest price I guess. A friend of mine get's morphine-hcl dissolved in pure destilled water. They make it for him in the pharmacy, and it's very cheap he says. So if opiates wouldn't get priced at 10000000000% the original price, they could be regular medicine. I really hope that all that pill-shooting ends one day, as everyone will be able to go to the doctor and/or pharmacy and buy his/her beloved substances.

The war on drugs has failed. We must try the exact opposite way. And it will work. People who seem to like opiates are ill. They have a brain-desease which could be described as an deregulated endorphine-neurotransmitter-system. This must be treated like any other illness! They need their effin medicine! Give them what they want/need, and the world will be a better place.

The message of my post is: DON'T SHOOT OPANA ER. It contains a substance that dissolves and binds water, which can't be filtered out, even with a micron-filter. If you want to shoot something, shoot something which you know is shootable. AND ALWAYS USE MICRON FILTERS!!! And even if you perform all your "specialized methods" (it's laughable, I mean do you guys really think that you're pro's who know how to get a SOLUTION from a pill? WITHOUT a micron-filter? even with a micronfilter you get a SUSPENSION, but there's much better pills for shooting than Opana), the substance I spoke of will dissolve. The quantity will be much lower, but anyway - you will inject a little bit of it anytime you shoot OPANA ER. And it won't be filtered out of your blood. It will remain there... wherever it ends up. Creepy, isn't it?

I really feel sorry for you US-guys. They re-formulated the oxycontin and therefore destroyed a good opiate for snorting/shooting. ALL those people will either try to still shoot/snort it with some "special method", or go for heroin and give illegal cartells a lot of money. I feel so sorry for you. Here in Europe, there's still oxycontin with the original formula. But it's not mass-consumed like in the US. A pretty small amount of people is prescribed oxycontin over here, and from this amount of people, there's an even smaller amount of people who use it by snorting/shooting. So it won't be a problem, and I hope they keep the original formula, as pain patients suffered from the new formula as well. They don't produce the same effect as the old ones and work worse for pain.

I hope that in the next 1-2 years, you US-guys get your oxycontin back. Either the original ones or generic ones which resemble the original oxycontin.

I would advise against shooting the ER's for two reasons.
1) The TimeRX formulation causes the pill to jell up, which can clog your syringe, or worse, re solidify inside your veins (no bueno).
2) Opana ER contains silicate materials, which are similar to glass in nature and is bad for your veins, heart, and lungs.
Also, i would always advise AGAINST the IM injection of pills. Thats just asking for an abcess. Check out the case studies thread and you will see what i mean.

Oxymorphone is plenty water soluble...
Perhaps what you meant to say was the ER's have mechanism's built in to gel them / prevent abuse.
As Opana IR preps fine with water & Oxymorphone itself has a decent enough solubility in water to prep easily.
NSFW:
Chemistry - A semi-synthetic phenanethrene narcotic agonist, oxymorphone HCl occurs as odorless white crystals or white to off-white powder. It will darken in color with prolonged exposure to light. One gram of oxymorphone HCl is soluble in 4 ml of water and it is sparingly soluble in alcohol and ether. The commercially available injection has a pH of 2.7 - 4.5.

It's just the ER's have TimerX which fucks up the ability to prep them with just water.
Just thought I'd point that out in case anyone was looking for info on Oxymorphone & misunderstood your post.
I would agree that homeydon'tplaythat's method seems useable though.
I can't confirm however, as though I've IV'd Oxymorphone plenty of times I've always used the IR's.
The ER's even with a micron just seem to be to risky for the reward when IR's that are easy to prep exist.
To each there own though. As if I was desperate enough I'm sure I'd give it a go. :\

Yeah. Thanks for clearing that up. That's what I meant. The IR's work pretty much perfect with water, you get a lot out of them with just water.

I just mostly always had the ER's. In my area, the IR's are more rare it seems. I have only had them around 20 times. Did the ER's almost every day for a year. I found the best thing to prep the ER's with is pure ethanol(good luck finding pure ethanol though, I am just lucky and have access to a chemistry lab). And let me tell ya, there was a HUGE difference in the rush and buzz as opposed to using water and it gelling up, or 91% isopropyl or everclear then cooking/evaporating it out.

good luck finding pure ethanol though

Hmm, wouldn't ethanol be relatively easy to purify? You buy some Everclear, or other >95% ethanol, then distill the ethanol. Ethanol's BP is 172F, compared to water's 212F. Find a way to heat the solution to 172F, then condense the ethanol into a collection chamber.

I'm no chemist, are there any problems with this idea?

ok, i have opana er 40mg, crisping worked for me, got rid of the pill coating, crushed 1/4 of the pill into the finest powder i could, put the powder (no water) into a spoon heated it over direct flame from a candle, stirred it none stop until powder was dark brown, immediatly added about 3/4 of water from my u-100 single use insulin syringe, some burnt up immediatly from the heat, i stirred it, dropped in a cotton and banged it into a vein and repeated all steps to get higher. it worked fine, but i have a high tolerance, so start smaller if you have a low tolerance. there was some jelling but no where near the amount if i didnt crisp it. the high was instant and wore off within 10 minutes, but i can still feel the opiate in me, it's been about a half hour since my shot. for those that dont want the hassle of all the other suggestions and wait times this worked for me. I have been taking opana er 40mg for about a week (chewing them) orally and haven't felt anything until crisping and shooting it. and, yes drugs are bad, shotting up is bad, informing people about the safest way to do it may prevent a death and I'm ok with that. oh! then i crisped the gel and got high again, so i know for a fact that you lose some of the opiate in this process, i'd rather lose some of the product instead of getting sick from the silica. peace!!!

I have a question about injecting opana er ..brief history..I've been a heavy opiate user for the past year.. Approx 250mg of oxy a day unroll a few months ago I was switched to opana and do 90mg insulfated a day and 60mg oxy a day..needless to say I have a very high tolerance.. I've recently tried the alchol extraction ands iv method.. I've tried up to 15mg at time and basically feel nothing... My question is with my tolerance am,i not doing enough or am I doing something wrong?? I crush the opana soak in 91% alchol for 10 minutes stirring every minute or so filter it and then slowly cook off the alchol without boiling it.. Add water..mix it..filter and drawer up the solution.. I use a vein in my hand cause it's the only one I can hit every time.. But I really don't feel anything from this .. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Have you ever been given a contrast agent? Especially the iodinated one's? It's not very pleasant (think...what would it feel like to IV niacin, and you're pretty close)...:\

this iss true cold water extraction is def the best way to do bang a pill. oxycodone, hydrocodone. etc. are cold water soluble, so throw in a cotton and separate the good shit from the tylenol. u dont have to bang it but i do. if u come across a shit load of weak pks crush em, mix w cold water, and filter thru coffee filter, drink that shit and nod out. plus in some cases the bacteria spreads w heat as opposed to dying, so ur begging for cotton fever, which really sucks

It's better to use IR pills they don't gel as much. And never heat your pills they'll gel up right away . Crush them and stir the pills in 30ml of cold water for 5-10 minutes and they'll desolve enough for you to start filtering them and please use a micron or wheel filter if you can get them. Cotton fever is never worth it.

This method really works? I thought all they would do in water is gel up and become useless? I only ask because i tried a more complicated method that didnt work for shit, the iso prop 91% wash method. I'm really interested on your feedback to this. The TimerX system is a bitch on the ER's.

Last edited:
ok, i have opana er 40mg, crisping worked for me, got rid of the pill coating, crushed 1/4 of the pill into the finest powder i could, put the powder (no water) into a spoon heated it over direct flame from a candle, stirred it none stop until powder was dark brown, immediatly added about 3/4 of water from my u-100 single use insulin syringe, some burnt up immediatly from the heat, i stirred it, dropped in a cotton and banged it into a vein and repeated all steps to get higher. it worked fine, but i have a high tolerance, so start smaller if you have a low tolerance. there was some jelling but no where near the amount if i didnt crisp it. the high was instant and wore off within 10 minutes, but i can still feel the opiate in me, it's been about a half hour since my shot. for those that dont want the hassle of all the other suggestions and wait times this worked for me. I have been taking opana er 40mg for about a week (chewing them) orally and haven't felt anything until crisping and shooting it. and, yes drugs are bad, shotting up is bad, informing people about the safest way to do it may prevent a death and I'm ok with that. oh! then i crisped the gel and got high again, so i know for a fact that you lose some of the opiate in this process, i'd rather lose some of the product instead of getting sick from the silica. peace!!!

I'm really curious about this, is there anyway i can talk to you 1 on 1 ? PMing isnt an option for me as I am a greenlighter still so i can only msg once every 3 hours. Do you have AIM or facebook? (if you dont mind me talking to you like that)

opana er comes in 5mg,10mg,20mg,40mg,and 60mg,80mg i believe...im happily on 20mgs, reading about this injection debacle...any luck yet? ive read so many conflicting aspects.....

an opana40, a perc 10 and a 4mgs dilaudid is a party, or a tuesday for those of us who wore ourselves out years ago...hehe

is oxymorphone rare?? theyre gaining popularity around these parts...ive had mine for 6 months now and im happy with them...

Last edited by a moderator:
opana er comes in 5mg,10mg,20mg,40mg,and 60mg,80mg i believe...im happily on 20mgs, reading about this injection debacle...any luck yet? ive read so many conflicting aspects.....

nice quadruplepost.

Opana ER goes from 5mg up to 40mg. Instant release 5mg and 10mg.

Several posts merged.

Please use the edit function instead of double and triple posting.

Well I've read several methods of preparing the opana ERs for injection.....but i think im too lazy to do a time consuming crazy effort for it lol. I was reading about it simply because I only have a few of the onld ones left, the rest i have are the new ones. I tried adding a lot of water to the crushed pill with the coating rubbed off, mixed it up....I couldnt even pull any of the liquid into a needle, it was ridiculous, ms contin is easier than this lol. I gave up and just ended up snorting the goo lol >.> i wasnt about to waste it! haha

I have taken Opana Er 40mg. and they have crushed easily. NO PROBLEMS!! Today, I got a new one, that is round. My usual was oxygon shaped. I do my meds as prescribed usually; but when I have extreme pain like today, I like toi crush one ans sniff a bit. I can't break that new one with a hammer!!! Can anyone help guide me through the process of being able to break this stupid round one ?? Much appreciation, and my pain would thank you greatly!!!

Certain parties that may (keep an eye) on the manufacturers basically dont want them to work...

Trying to push Opanas?

If you are trying to inject ANY type of Opana, jell or Non-jell, don't waste your time because the Non-jell Opanas WILL jell up. Personally I feel like trying to do this is a waste of time and is definitely a waste of your Opana. So unless you have plenty of $ or your just really dumb don't try it. It's not worth it. Trust me, you will be very disappointed and may waste your pill. And I KNOW none of you want to do that. Good luck and please be safe.

Single dose dyes are one thing, and even those can cause kidney damage, but regular doses of dyes are not a good idea.

Just to reiterate, there is currently no safe way of injecting opana ER.