How to help a friend suffering from psychosis?

Well she's at mine now they let her out WITHOUT her meds like wtf!! πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ™ It's the weekend housing isn't open til monday and she's not got a house to go to still. Police dropped her off here and left her and that was it. So now all my plans are on hold again cause the shitty system is stupid and total SHITE!!!!

That is fucking ridiculous but does not surprise me at all now. I would be more surprised if they did their fucking job for once. Anyway you can get her some zyprexa or something?

@paranoid android I found one of my ex's quetiapine she took one seems to have helped somewhat 🀞 but tomorrow I don't know what's gonna happen as she won't go back to a&e or anything and won't phone out of hours either. I have two moggies that I was keeping for comedowns but I'll probs offer her one tomorrow night or earlier if it gets out of control. She said she was abused by police the other week before she was in hospital cause they kept getting phoned by people for her they apparently put her in the cells without giving her meds and she's scared of them so I can't even phone them - and they are who deals with people suffering from anything mental health related like this and they don't know what they're doing it's a fucking joke.

My best friend was kicked out of her boyfriends place two days ago so she came to mine untill she can get somewhere to stay. I care about her very much and am really worried about her. She has been up for two days straight and nothing will calm her down. She is taking her new medication (qutiapine)
But still hasn't slept and she keeps on getting hysterical crying/shouting etc saying people are going to come and stab our eyes out etc. Constantly for two days she hasn't calmed down so I took her to her Dr and now we're at the crisis team.

That was earlier now she's here to stay. Diazepam has helped but she keeps on going round in circles still. Any tips on dealing/helping with anyone who is in this state?
Thanks
Have her go to a hospital, either a regular hospital, or a mental hospital either voluntarily, or involuntary.

Don't give her downers, anti-psychotic drugs, illegal drugs, legal soft drugs like pot/hash, alcohol, etc. leave that to doctors. What did people at the crisis centre tell you? Can they find a hospital for her to stay at?

If you must contact the police to get her into A&E or a hospital just do it.

Have her go to a hospital, either a regular hospital, or a mental hospital either voluntarily, or involuntary.
She's just been in hospital for a week. They discharged her without meds πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’« now there's no way of getting her back there unless I phone the police etc. I don't know what to do. She's calmed down a bit atm on the couch but she can't miss meds tomorrow. I have commitments but don't want to leave her alone as she might disappear again. Gonna need to cancel my plans...thing is she won't let me phone out of hours for her and she's not wanting to go back to hospital.... If she gets so bad that I need to I'll phone the police but as explained above I feel it would be extremely distressing- plus there's no guarantee she will be admitted again especially if she has just been discharged.... I'm at a loss for what to do...but just about to sneakily phone up the ward she was just on and ask them what to do right now before I try an get some sleep.

Last edited:
@paranoid android I found one of my ex's quetiapine she took one seems to have helped somewhat 🀞 but tomorrow I don't know what's gonna happen as she won't go back to a&e or anything and won't phone out of hours either. I have two moggies that I was keeping for comedowns but I'll probs offer her one tomorrow night or earlier if it gets out of control. She said she was abused by police the other week before she was in hospital cause they kept getting phoned by people for her they apparently put her in the cells without giving her meds and she's scared of them so I can't even phone them - and they are who deals with people suffering from anything mental health related like this and they don't know what they're doing it's a fucking joke.

Seroquel is fucking shit though. Can you get anything better? And ya mogadon should help as its rather sedating. I wouldnt send her back to the psych ward if it can be avoided

Seroquel is fucking shit though. Can you get anything better? And ya mogadon should help as its rather sedating. I wouldnt send her back to the psych ward if it can be avoided
Better than fuck all tonight and has helped a bit at least.
I just phoned the ward - because it wasn't a regular discharge they wouldn't give her meds apparently the charge nurse says to go to pharmacy tomorrow and explain an they should be able to help 🀞🀞

Can she and you contact a pharmacy, her doctors, go to a clinic, emergency place, etc.?

Or can you get the meds she was or is prescribed that she was taking and at the correct dose?
I've got band rehearsals tomorrow I can't get out of but gonna try going to the pharmacy first with her to see 🀞🀞🀞 if they don't help we're fucked cause she freaks out when I try to phone out of hours or suggest going to a&e
All I can do is try an be there but she keeps on saying she's gonna set fire to stuff etc which is pretty fucking scary tbh. I don't think she will but still... That was earlier before she settled down a bit (thank fuck)
I'm worried she'll disappear again and then she'll end up back in the cells and then hospital again or worse
But I also want her to get her own place so I can get on with my own stuff - I'm so busy atm and have a lot of commitments as well that I'm having to cancel. Got a gig on Tuesday too. But I also don't wanna leave her alone in case she disappears again. She hasn't got family around or anything and it's worrying as she's vulnerable

Last edited:
I just phoned the ward - because it wasn't a regular discharge they wouldn't give her meds apparently the charge nurse says to go to pharmacy tomorrow and explain an they should be able to help 🀞🀞

Alot of fucking help they are

I've got band rehearsals tomorrow I can't get out of but gonna try going to the pharmacy first with her to see 🀞🀞🀞 if they don't help we're fucked cause she freaks out when I try to phone out of hours or suggest going to a&e
All I can do is try an be there but she keeps on saying she's gonna set fire to stuff etc which is pretty fucking scary tbh
Can you have her stay with you all day, or have someone else stay with her while you are away? Or just call up the band mates and tell them an emergency has come up? Whatever you do, do not leave her alone.

Can you call them back and say how it is an emergency? Don't most hospitals have pharmacies that are open all the time?

Can you have her stay with you all day, or have someone else stay with her while you are away? Or just call up the band mates and tell them an emergency has come up? Whatever you do, do not leave her alone.
Well I've got a show this week and it's the last practice....
She'll have to come with me tbh I asked her other friend and they are fucking no help at all 😠

That is a rough spot to be in. Don't leave her alone though no telling what a psychotic person will do
I won't πŸ˜” I'm knackered myself
And last time she stayed for a week before blocking me etc and accusing me of stuff I didn't do to other people I work with etc I ended up drinking for first time in a year and a half and my cptsd was triggered cause she kept talking bout her childhood sexual abuse over and over - I'll save u the details - which just made me feel like everything was raw for me and I went and got the stuff I needed to commit suicide just in case I couldn't bare it. I am fucked in the head too. I'm in a really good place again finally and just worried. But she's not saying all that this time thankfully. Just got to ride the storm til Monday and even then they won't fucking get her in to accomodation. I need someone to do their fucking job for once I'll be so pissed off if they don't on Monday...she has multiple support workers and psychiatric nurses

The best thing I did at my lowest was seek professional help believe it or not. I hated being there but eventually I met people just like me that I connected with in a deeper level than I ever could on the outside world and it was healing.
I was grateful for the experience.

They may dislike you for the suggestion or anything you feel is right regarding the matter but in the end they may just end up thanking you.

It's a difficult choice.
If she's a threat to herself or others then you know what has to be done. And properly this time assert your concerns

I won't πŸ˜” I'm knackered myself
And last time she stayed for a week before blocking me etc and accusing me of stuff I didn't do to other people I work with etc I ended up drinking for first time in a year and a half and my cptsd was triggered cause she kept talking bout her childhood sexual abuse over and over - I'll save u the details - which just made me feel like everything was raw for me and I went and got the stuff I needed to commit suicide just in case I couldn't bare it. I am fucked in the head too. I'm in a really good place again finally and just worried. But she's not saying all that this time thankfully. Just got to ride the storm til Monday and even then they won't fucking get her in to accomodation. I need someone to do their fucking job for once I'll be so pissed off if they don't on Monday...she has multiple support workers and psychiatric nurses
It is not selfish or wrong to take care of your own mental health and well being first. Can you get her to a hospital as she needs help and you wrote about how she is or wants to light fires?

^ Alot of fucking good those support workers and nurses are goddamn i hate nurses
Yeah lets sack the lot of em., perhaps you should train to be one and show us how it's done?
'
Nurses' is a large groupl, I'm sure some are shit etc, and also sure that some are truly amazing people devote their whole lives energy into helping people, like the small amount of nurses I know for example

All the systems are fucked yeah, I'll grant you that. The mental health system in UK is completely overwhelmed. So lets hate the nurses for that eh fml

Last edited: