• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to get the last 0.1g of hash oil/wax out of the container?

I threw five near-empty plastic/glass containers into the water, I am waitin.

Results coming soon.

Edit

Left it on the damn stove too long

Wtfever

I will buy more and not fuck up next time

Last edited:
i usually cool everything down (so the butane doesnt evapourate away yet, if it remains liquid it doesnt leave oily residue) and wash it out with butane into a warm pyrex dish from which i can easily scrape 99% of the residue off with a razor blade

try and get a spray can nozzle that you can fit on a butane can too, makes life easier for washing stuff free of thc into collectable oil :)

Just do a wash of 99% iso or everclear and use a silicone pad in your pyrex. Finally gently evaporate in a waterbath.

So much effort

I think I will just buy more

But for those of us that have massive amounts of extract goodies left to salvage; then these are great ideas. :)

use ethyl alcohol like 151 or everclear. dont use iso, it's dangerous to consume. you can drink everclear and be fine but iso can kill you.

next time store it on an oil slick. oilslickpad.com it wont stick

i give all my resin coated shit away. im too lazy to clean it all.

mop it up with some herb then pack a bowl.

or apply gentle heat, accumulate in one spot. put it in the frig or freezer for enough time for it to harden slightly and dab it up.

Get a metal lid, add a toke tube and use the entire jar as a vape.

use ethyl alcohol like 151 or everclear. dont use iso, it's dangerous to consume. you can drink everclear and be fine but iso can kill you.

next time store it on an oil slick. oilslickpad.com it wont stick

i give all my resin coated shit away. im too lazy to clean it all.

All alcohol is dangerous to consume, it just depends on the amounts. Everclear will kill you too if you drink too much & it's not pure alcohol, at best it's 97%, some of it is 75.5% - whatever else is in there (mainly water hopefully) will be harder to evaporate. ISO isn't that bad, it's approved as a food additive in small amounts, it's used in medical skin sterilising wipes & hand sanitiser, it's perfectly safe unless you drink it trying to get drunk, it's much less toxic than methanol or a lot of other solvents, small amounts are easily metabolised & wont harm anybody at all. It's easier to find a purer solvent with iso vs ethanol, which is important, 99.9% iso is cheap & easy to buy in most places, but make sure you don't use denatured cleaning alcohol. For the amounts you might possibly consume from oil it's really nothing to worry about, it all evaporates before you consume it, maybe some tiny just detectable amount left, but you'd have to drink iso to kill you or do any damage at all (wiki says over 15g). If you use 151 rum then you're going to have a load of sugar & other impurities left that didn't evaporate, you don't want to smoke that stuff, unless you're lucky enough to have access to something purer than everclear then ethanol is probably not the best choice. Purity of the solvent & evaporating the fumes safely are the main concerns.

Acetone will also work well if you can't get good pure iso, but it'll dissolve more non-cannabinoid stuff too, better if you just want to clean your old pipes or something & don't want to consume the product. Don't use acetone on anything plastic, it'll dissolve a lot of them, but iso should be safe with most plastics.

Butane can work OK too, but it's harder to handle. It'll be cold coming out of the can & the fast temperature change it could cause might shatter some glass.

I'd need quite a bit to go to that trouble but isopropyl alcohol is good for cleaning all kinds of smoking equipment covered in oil/hash. If you just have a small amount then you're going to have a similar problem scraping it up from your evaporation dish.

Main danger with these solvents is evaporating them safely, they all produce flammable vapours. Also make sure you didn't use some denatured or impure solvent that will leave some residue. If you're unsure then you can test by evaporating some solvent on a clean glass dish & make sure it doesn't leave a mark.

Personally I'd just warm the jar up & wipe it up with a cigarette paper if all I had to clean was that oil jar. If you fold the paper just right & you're really careful, then you can still roll a joint with the oily paper. The first answer was the best one, stand the jar in some hot water to heat the jar up then & wipe the oil up, just put the lid on tight to make sure no water or steam gets inside.

Last edited: