• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to get rid of belly fat

Yeah clozapine is bad for weight but it is the most effective 2nd gen med and the weight can be counteracted by keto diet and hormones. I'm not sure about loxapine but its kinda interesting because it's a hybrid type med. Ask your shrink about those two.

I read that you have to fail on 2 first gen antipsychotics to get on clozapine but i havent been lon them for psych reasons yet. I would try thorazine again though as it actually went pretty good with morphine. I will mention the clozapine to my doctor though for sure thanks.

Wouldnt a diet made up of protein prevent weight gain on zyprexa to though/ i may just buy some protein bars and fish and live off that lol

Like Snoop Dogg said in one of his songs(forgot the name of the song):
"RUN N**GA RUN N**GA, DOCK N**GA DOCK N**GA. RUN MOTHERFKA RUNNNNNNNNN" XD 😂😂

Last edited:
I read that you have to fail on 2 first gen antipsychotics to get on clozapine but i havent been lon them for psych reasons yet. I would try thorazine again though as it actually went pretty good with morphine. I will mention the clozapine to my doctor though for sure thanks.

Wouldnt a diet made up of protein prevent weight gain on zyprexa to though/ i may just buy some protein bars and fish and live off that lol
No you have to eat high fat, moderate protein, and low carbs around 30 grams daily

Worth trying for few months imo

Well if they had just given me zyprexa at the start i wouldnt of had to go through 3 months of not being medicated at all and then like 2 years of being on invega and then abilify which fucking sucked but atleast i wasent hallucinating anymore. Sadly the weight gain and lack of any sex drive was to much so i switched to latuda and got my sex drive back and dropped the weight but that stopped woring last month and gave me akathisia to so thats why im on zyprexa. It's working i just dont want to go back to being fat. If the munchies get to bad i may just buy some fat burners like clenbuterol nd drop weight li
Hi Paranoid android, thank you for writings, and for the reply's as well. It has made me look into my meds and research more about them. Plumbus-Nine Said about Venlafaxine and Morphine both which which I am on and my Sex drive is in my boots. I am on 375mg of Venlafaxine and a Morphine patch. So I will now get my Testosterone level cheeked, thanks Plumbus-Nine. In my research for info I have found an extremely useful website. I think it could be helpfully to a lot of people on here. drugs.com with a printable discount slip.
All the very best to everyone one this wonderful website. May you all find Peace somewhere in this sea of chaos.

You can’t spot reduce fat.

Consume fewer calories than you are burning and the fat will come off all over, that’s the only way.

There are diets you can follow that might help to encourage this but at the end of the day calories in vs calories out is the only important metric.

No you have to eat high fat, moderate protein, and low carbs around 30 grams daily

Worth trying for few months imo
I tried the keto diet for about 6 months and I LOVED it. The only reason I stopped was because it became too expensive (meat is pretty expensive here).
I actually aimed for less than 5-10 grams of carbs when I was on the keto diet, so basically no carbs at all. Although I do tend to do things to the extreme.
For me the hardest part was cutting out sugar, and for the first 4-5 days I had horrible sugar withdrawals (it's a drug, yall!). But once my body had begun the process of ketosis (after about 7-8 days if you're following the diet properly), it was so easy and enjoyable.
But it is a difficult diet to stick to if:
a) you're used to eating processed foods - you will have to learn how to and get used to reading the labels of EVERYTHING in order to find hidden sugar and other carbs in every single product that you eat
b) you're addicted to sugar - the initial week of being on the keto diet will be very uncomfortable because you'll be in sugar withdrawals
c) you're financially constrained, especially if meat is pricey where you live
d) if you know nothing about food nutrition and metabolism in general - you will have A LOT to learn!!! For example you might just presume that all vegatables are okay to eat on the keto diet because they are healthy. This is incorrect as some vegetables are high in carbohydrates.

There is a LOT of information online about the keto diet if anyone is interested in learning about it, but if you seriously want to try it, I recommend that you do just that, read up on it, learn about it, prepare yourself properly for it, and THEN attempt it. It's not just as simply as saying "go on the keto diet".

I also wanted to reiterate that as some others have said, you can't target fat loss to one particular area. You have to have the mindset of "I'm going to lose fat", period.

Also, sure, doing weights in general is excellent for fat loss as it keeps your metabolism going even after you've finished doing the workout. However doing BODY WEIGHT exercises, i.e. using your BODY as the weight, is even better. There are tonnes of body weight exercise routine videos on youtube. And what's better is you generally don't need any equipment, because your own body is the equipment ;) My favourite online personal trainer is Betty Rocker, I've been subscribed to her for like 10 years.

calorie deficit.
This is true but more information is required.

The basic concept is calories consumed < calories burned = weight loss.
So if for example you eat a total of 1,800 calories in a day, but burn over 2,000 calories from exercise and general energy expenditure throughout the day, you will eventually lose weight.

This is true but more information is required.

The basic concept is calories consumed < calories burned = weight loss.
So if for example you eat a total of 1,800 calories in a day, but burn over 2,000 calories from exercise and general energy expenditure throughout the day, you will eventually lose weight.

Yes that’s what calorie deficit means, you have given zero additional info there.

I tried the keto diet for about 6 months and I LOVED it. The only reason I stopped was because it became too expensive (meat is pretty expensive here).
I actually aimed for less than 5-10 grams of carbs when I was on the keto diet, so basically no carbs at all. Although I do tend to do things to the extreme.
For me the hardest part was cutting out sugar, and for the first 4-5 days I had horrible sugar withdrawals (it's a drug, yall!). But once my body had begun the process of ketosis (after about 7-8 days if you're following the diet properly), it was so easy and enjoyable.
But it is a difficult diet to stick to if:
a) you're used to eating processed foods - you will have to learn how to and get used to reading the labels of EVERYTHING in order to find hidden sugar and other carbs in every single product that you eat
b) you're addicted to sugar - the initial week of being on the keto diet will be very uncomfortable because you'll be in sugar withdrawals
c) you're financially constrained, especially if meat is pricey where you live
d) if you know nothing about food nutrition and metabolism in general - you will have A LOT to learn!!! For example you might just presume that all vegatables are okay to eat on the keto diet because they are healthy. This is incorrect as some vegetables are high in carbohydrates.

There is a LOT of information online about the keto diet if anyone is interested in learning about it, but if you seriously want to try it, I recommend that you do just that, read up on it, learn about it, prepare yourself properly for it, and THEN attempt it. It's not just as simply as saying "go on the keto diet".

I also wanted to reiterate that as some others have said, you can't target fat loss to one particular area. You have to have the mindset of "I'm going to lose fat", period.

Also, sure, doing weights in general is excellent for fat loss as it keeps your metabolism going even after you've finished doing the workout. However doing BODY WEIGHT exercises, i.e. using your BODY as the weight, is even better. There are tonnes of body weight exercise routine videos on youtube. And what's better is you generally don't need any equipment, because your own body is the equipment ;) My favourite online personal trainer is Betty Rocker, I've been subscribed to her for like 10 years.
7-8 days is quite a long time to get into ketosis, especially when eating 5-10 grams carbs daily

I would say it takes about 3-4 days to burn through stored glycogen in the liver and start producing ketones

I use ketostix to test my urine for ketones and by day 4 I'm in moderate ketosis which is where I still am after 3 months

Did you get leaner in those 6 months?

Last edited:
Like a lot of people have said exercise and cut down on carbs or dont eat carbs late lunch is ok but just before sleep is not .Eat healthy dont starve yourself and have a cheat day every now and then

Did you get leaner in those 6 months?
Oh my, yes. And I was exercising almost every day as well. Nothing too hectic, just walking to and from work instead of getting the train or driving, and running a few times a week.

The keto diet is the only thing that really worked for me. I went on it twice, for about 3 months each time. It’s not really a diet that is suitable in the long run, but wow I felt AMAZING on this diet (after the initial “keto flu” that you get for 2-3 days in the beginning. It’s not REALLY a flu, just feels like that while your body is detoxing from sugar.)

Also, Zyprexa is the reason I needed to do the keto diet! I was on other meds like Depakote and Prozac that also make you gain weight, but Zyprexa was the main culprit.

I think any diet that makes you think in terms of whole fresh foods and ingredients, cuts out all processed sugars and processed anything, and stays light on carbs in general is a good one to look at. I personally love Whole30 as cheesy as the name sounds.

-GC

Getting rid of belly fat can be challenging, but here are some tips that may help:

1. Exercise regularly: Engage in aerobic exercises such as running, cycling, or swimming, as well as strength training exercises like weightlifting, push-ups, and squats.
  2. Eat a healthy diet: Eat a balanced diet that includes plenty of vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Avoid processed foods, sugary drinks, and high-calorie snacks.
  3. Reduce stress: High levels of stress can cause the body to produce cortisol, a hormone that can contribute to belly fat. Try to manage stress through activities like meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises.
  4. Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep can also contribute to weight gain, so aim for 7-8 hours of quality sleep each night.
  5. Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated can help reduce belly bloat and make you feel fuller, which may lead to eating fewer calories.
Remember that getting rid of belly fat takes time and effort, so be patient and consistent with your healthy habits.

To be honest, apart from belly fat, it's hard for me to lose weight on my legs, my last hope is a two-week fruit diet, and it includes a lot of vitamin c, which just helps burn fat. I think this is an ideal option for the spring period
ride a bike.
you dont just want to burn fat but build muscle

To be honest, apart from belly fat, it's hard for me to lose weight on my legs, my last hope is a two-week fruit diet, and it includes a lot of vitamin c, which just helps burn fat. I think this is an ideal option for the spring period
A fruit diet will not make you lose weight. Fruit contains a lot of fructose (sugar) which you will have to exercise a lot to burn off the energy it contains.
You are much better off just eating a regular, healthy, balanced diet containing lots of good quality fresh meat and vegetables, and drinking lots of water, and exercising using your main muscle groups, not just doing cardio. Working your muscles burns much more calories than cardio.

A fruit diet will not make you lose weight. Fruit contains a lot of fructose (sugar) which you will have to exercise a lot to burn off the energy it contains.
You are much better off just eating a regular, healthy, balanced diet containing lots of good quality fresh meat and vegetables, and drinking lots of water, and exercising using your main muscle groups, not just doing cardio. Working your muscles burns much more calories than cardio.
real fruit has fibre and sugar (not refined). Your comments aren't completely correct without balancing calories in and out.
You can lose weight with a fruit diet if you are in a calorie deficit, and eating real fruit and not just juices isn't terrible.

Your comments aren't completely correct without balancing calories in and out.
I thought that was implied by my comment:
"you will have to exercise a lot to burn off the energy it contains."
You can lose weight with a fruit diet if you are in a calorie deficit, and eating real fruit and not just juices isn't terrible.
I didn't say it was terrible, I just don't think it is an ideal diet if one is aiming to lose weight.
assclass said:
fasting is the ultimate cheat code
Can we please refrain from suggesting or promoting fasting as "the ultimate" way to lose weight, without explaining how and why intermittent fasting works. Comments such as this are heading dangerously towards encouraging anorexia, to which young women are particularly vulnerable.