• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to get rid of belly fat

Sounds like your shrink needs to re evaluate things because you have been on multiple antipsychotics and keep getting switched like a yo yo

Well if they had just given me zyprexa at the start i wouldnt of had to go through 3 months of not being medicated at all and then like 2 years of being on invega and then abilify which fucking sucked but atleast i wasent hallucinating anymore. Sadly the weight gain and lack of any sex drive was to much so i switched to latuda and got my sex drive back and dropped the weight but that stopped woring last month and gave me akathisia to so thats why im on zyprexa. It's working i just dont want to go back to being fat. If the munchies get to bad i may just buy some fat burners like clenbuterol nd drop weight like that

Good ab/core exercises: ab wheel, leg raises, static cable twist, unilateral carries

Targeted fat loss isn't possible to my knowledge, but core exercises may improve your posture and the appearance of a gut (along with other deeper benefits)

Situps activate more hip flexor than abs i think

Since this is a drug forum i also recommend psychedelic drugs

t further down than your value should, certainly if you're below 50 or so. My level was scraping at the bottom of the scale after years on venlafaxine and morphine, and I did gr someew a belly. Unfortunately I don't have access to testosterone replacement because in the country here one needs to pay for them oneself and the prices are in premium range. When you're living in the US or EU you should have your insurance paying for both the analysis and the replacements.

Can only second the walking. In my previous life, before I got lethargic due to medications, I was walking a lot, sometimes when I couldn't sleep for hours on end and I was always skinny and pretty fit for somebody not visiting a gym. Think I was definitely at 10k steps a day though.
get some fenugreek and tongkat ali extract, they can help, at least a bit.

Good ab/core exercises: ab wheel, leg raises, static cable twist, unilateral carries

Targeted fat loss isn't possible to my knowledge, but core exercises may improve your posture and the appearance of a gut (along with other deeper benefits)

Situps activate more hip flexor than abs i think

Since this is a drug forum i also recommend psychedelic drugs
this, and some yohimbe bark tea, it seems that its receptor agonism activity goes against stubborn fat

Well if they had just given me zyprexa at the start i wouldnt of had to go through 3 months of not being medicated at all and then like 2 years of being on invega and then abilify which fucking sucked but atleast i wasent hallucinating anymore. Sadly the weight gain and lack of any sex drive was to much so i switched to latuda and got my sex drive back and dropped the weight but that stopped woring last month and gave me akathisia to so thats why im on zyprexa. It's working i just dont want to go back to being fat. If the munchies get to bad i may just buy some fat burners like clenbuterol nd drop weight like that
It's better to rely on diet to lose weight rather than relying purely on drugs which is unsustainable and sub optimal results

I like keto because you use up your own fat as energy instead of glucose

Last edited:
This I recommend as well.
I will share this as it worked for weight loss in my situation years ago and fat melted away:
Apples and pretzels for snacks throughout the day. Of course eat well in your meals but the apples and pretzels really in between meals really helped me lose weight around my hips/belly along with strenuous exercise... like running up hills and ab exercises (crunches, leg raises etc as posted in the quote above).
Your results may vary but I found that I had an eight pack after about two months and was very attractive to the opposite and same sex. Just sayin' not tootin my horn.
These days it seems I find it hard to keep weight on so I do not try so hard to eat and exercise to lose weight. I eat lots of fatty foods and carbs and proteins etc it dosnt matter my metabolism has ramped up and I look skinny but feel great and still weigh 175 to 180 lbs which I feel is my optimal weight.
Worth a try.... Apples and pretzels. Weird but worked for me between healthy meals. Weird but true.
Peace

Fruits in general, if they replace other snacks. Sometimes I was buying kilos of fruits and eating just them during the days ... but nowadays I am eating two rather small meals and that's it, less and I'd be constantly hungry. No soda with sugar, no bonbons, no chips etc. and I still have a belly. I think maybe together with the morphine is alcohol to blame but I'm currently abstinent and have been for roughly two years.

@Neuroborean Did you try tongkat ali and fenugreek? I've seen the latter available from a local supplement store and that means it must be weak, because you don't find the good stuff around here.

Fruits in general, if they replace other snacks. Sometimes I was buying kilos of fruits and eating just them during the days ... but nowadays I am eating two rather small meals and that's it, less and I'd be constantly hungry. No soda with sugar, no bonbons, no chips etc. and I still have a belly. I think maybe together with the morphine is alcohol to blame but I'm currently abstinent and have been for roughly two years.

@Neuroborean Did you try tongkat ali and fenugreek? I've seen the latter available from a local supplement store and that means it must be weak, because you don't find the good stuff around here.
Oh trust me that tongkat ali extract (a good quality one) it's not weak.. maybe it doesn't raise testosterone as trt injections but well, there's nothing like it
it's pretty noticeable as a supplement, but I guess it's personal chemistry.
Fenugreek it's odd because I generally notice the difference because it seem to add something to other stuff, but the scientific reports on papers seem to be quite conclusive on this one ( there's trials on humans).

I found this study in reddit, seems very interesting:
(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3669033/) says:

" The effects of tongkat ali in restoring normal testosterone levels appears to be less due to actually “stimulating” testosterone synthesis, but rather by increasing the release rate of “free” testosterone from its binding hormone, sex-hormone-binding-globulin (SHBG) [17,18]. In this way, eurycoma may be considered not so much a testosterone “booster” (such as an anabolic steroid), but rather a “maintainer” of normal testosterone levels and a “restorer” of normal testosterone levels (from “low” back “up” to normal ranges) [19]. This would make eurycoma particularly beneficial for individuals with sub-normal testosterone levels, including those who are dieting for weight loss, middle-aged individuals suffering with fatigue or depression, and intensely training athletes who may be at risk for overtraining "

I can't because my shrink is currently on leave for some reason so i don't have him to work with right now. Im also not willing to risk another psychotic episode as i had the beginnings of 1 only a month ago as the latuda wasent working. Maybe if i go a few years without another episode but not right now as i dont wanna risk going inpatient fuck that shit
I understand not wanting to risk another episode, but if you're willing to give another antipsychotic a go, Vraylar is one that hasn't made me gain weight but also been equally effective.

this, and some yohimbe bark tea, it seems that its receptor agonism activity goes against stubborn fat
Barley tea is good for homeostasis I believe. Exercise and an amphetamine like Ritalin will also help with weight loss. Try to eat one large meal a day, or 6 small meals per day.

I wouldn't ever suggest somebody to just stop taking their antipsychotic. Like lol wut
He's complaining of weight gain and olanzapine is literally the worst antipsychotic for weight gain

Last edited:
I understand not wanting to risk another episode, but if you're willing to give another antipsychotic a go, Vraylar is one that hasn't made me gain weight but also been equally effective.

I am going to look into this thanks a mill

He's complaining of weight gain and olanzapine is literally the worst antipsychotic for weight gain
Maybe suggest an alternate med or come up with some sort of other solution other than a person who is complaining of psychotic symptoms going off their meds.

Not tryna bash you. I do agree that olanzapine is one of the worst ones for weight gain though, and imho the most unbearable antipsychotic in general.

Not tryna bash you. I do agree that olanzapine is one of the worst ones for weight gain though, and imho the most unbearable antipsychotic in general.
All good

He would be a good candidate for clozapine therapy, since he has tried multiple APs and has had sub optimal results/still at risk of psychosis

Clozapine is the gold standard for these situations although it requires blood monitoring and also can cause a lot of metabolic issues

Vraylar is one that hasn't made me gain weight but also been equally effective.
Vraylar (cariprazine) is a good one, being a partial agonist instead of an antagonist it was the only antipsychotic which didn't completely zombify me. Also I think it leaves histamine alone so less metabolic problems.

All good

He would be a good candidate for clozapine therapy, since he has tried multiple APs and has had sub optimal results/still at risk of psychosis

Clozapine is the gold standard for these situations although it requires blood monitoring and also can cause a lot of metabolic issues

Isnt clozapine just as bad for weight gain though/ If i put on more weight i may be willing to give clozapine a try though. What are some of the older anti psychotics like say loxapine like for weight gain/ Of the older ones the only 2 i have taken are stemetil and thorazine but that was for nausea so i didnt take them regularly

Isnt clozapine just as bad for weight gain though/ If i put on more weight i may be willing to give clozapine a try though. What are some of the older anti psychotics like say loxapine like for weight gain/ Of the older ones the only 2 i have taken are stemetil and thorazine but that was for nausea so i didnt take them regularly
Yeah clozapine is bad for weight but it is the most effective 2nd gen med and the weight can be counteracted by keto diet and hormones. I'm not sure about loxapine but its kinda interesting because it's a hybrid type med. Ask your shrink about those two.