• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to get rid of belly fat

Can we please refrain from suggesting or promoting fasting as "the ultimate" way to lose weight, without explaining how and why intermittent fasting works. Comments such as this are heading dangerously towards encouraging anorexia, to which young women are particularly vulnerable.
no, because it's true. fasting isn't intermittent fasting and I don't have to explain that.
No, these comments aren't dangerous. They are factual. Unfortunately obesity is a serious problem, and being real and honest about nutrition is important and we don't need to treat people especially young women like babies. They need to know the truth. Fasting, normally defined as abstaining from eating or drinking is a in my opinion the best way to control caloric consumption and thus regulate weight. Fasting can mean not eating for days, or a set number of hours, or abstaining from a type of food.

#1 tip I can give that hasn't already been said is to cut out all sugar. It's not fat that tells the body to store fat, it's sugar and high glucose. As long as you are exercising and keeping your calories within a reasonable range, having the RDA of fat is not going to make you fat.

If you have a hard time getting away from sugar, then starting your day with a high protein meal will make it easier.

A little bit of sugar is okay, in the form of pure orange juice or something like that, like one cup of orange juice a day. But avoid all refined sugar. You have to read the labels to see if sugar has been added. And avoid high fructose corn syrup like the plague.

I have known people whose weight went down just from avoiding refined sugar.

I am one of those people. I cut out refined sugar (mainly eating candy, drinking energy drinks, adding sugar to coffee etc) and lost 55lb in 6 months. It just melted off me.

Sugar signals to the body that the person has located an amazing energy source in nature so we better store it for later. Insulin triggers triglyceride synthesis from all of the excess glucose and stores it. If you stop eating sugar the signal turns off and the body goes back to using some of that fat for daily energy.

The obesity epidemic is being caused by refined sugar and high glycemic foods that are also nutrient deficient.

I lost 10 lbs. I did it very slowly. At times I did do some fasting; but eating less, exercising a lot more, and portioning really helped. I have eaten a Mediterranean diet all of my life, and this also helped. I don't drink wine but I just eat red or purple grapes.

No I am not taking speed, amphetamines, cocaine, or METH. I am on the GULAG diet of Kasha and other grains. Or I use grains and fruit in moderation as snacks or in larger amounts as a meal or the RAW fruit as dessert.

I eat fruit, drink multiple liters of water. The green tea, yerba mate, and Turkish coffee do not hurt either. I also exercise and I avoid eating desserts and instead eat fruit, because OOOH BABY I LIKE IT RAW!!! No I don't follow a raw foods diet, as some vegetables and fruit digest better or are not meant to be consumed RAW!!! Such as eggplant. Stopping eating all desserts such as chocolate, and sweets such as salty black liquorice, cutting back or cutting down on how much sugar I put into coffee or into yerba mate also helped a lot.

I was reading some stuff people wrote that I thought was good. Walking is really good because I feel like that just helps us mentally in general as well, cutting out sugar is good, green tea is good for you & if you drink coffee not putting sugar in it is good (personally I think coffee tastes better without the sugar)

My genetics is that I’m a naturally tiny person, but a while ago I started drinking chicken bone broth because I wanted to make sure to have something in my stomach because I have trouble eating sometimes, also heard it helps with arthritis so I wanted to try it … anyways one of my friends on one of my pain groups started drinking it too because she heard of the health benefits & she needed to loose weight & she said she thinks it helped her loose weight.