• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to Extract Morphine from MS Contin & MSIR?

King J

Bluelighter
Hi.

I need a SIMPLE/basic way to extract morphine from MS Contin & MSIR (Morphine Sulfate Instant Release) pills. I have both.

I saw this morphine extraction thread but I AM NOT a chemist. I have no idea what pH is and cannot figure it out.

Is there an easy step-by-step guide/recipe to do this? I would guess that the MSIR pills would be a lot easier - I just want to take the sulfate out.

From straight morphine would it be easier to convert to H if I wanted? This topic really intrigues me. Any & all help welcome? :eek:

why would you bother wasting all that beautiful morphine and turn it into H? Don't get me wrong, I love me a pile of that tan powder but there is no reason to waste your morphine.

Why do you want to remove the sulfate? You can use it just like it is, whether it be oral or I.V. (as you know snorting morphine is a waste of time, as is eating it where the bio-availability is about 30% ) If it were me, I would just I.V. it. (not that I condone the I.V.-ing of any drug due to it's havoc it wreaks upon the body)

Last edited:
Morphine sucks, but coverting to heroin would be pointless. Best bet is to just shoot it.

PH refers to how basic/acidic a solution is. Pure water has a ph of 7. The stronger the acidity the closer the PH is to 0, the stronger basic solutions have a ph of closer to 14. Acids and bases cancel each other out, so by adjusting you can get a ph closer to the ideal number you're looking for.

why would you bother wasting all that beautiful morphine and turn it into H? Don't get me wrong, I love me a pile of that tan powder but there is no reason to waste your morphine.

Why do you want to remove the sulfate? You can use it just like it is, whether it be oral or I.V. (as you know snorting morphine is a waste of time, as is eating it where the bio-availability is about 30% ) If it were me, I would just I.V. it. (not that I condone the I.V.-ing of any drug due to it's havoc it wreaks upon the body)

What havoc? IVing just gets a bad name because most people are careless idiots and don't take simple simple safety precautions and or they are inept at the act itself, prep is another story altogether.

From straight morphine would it be easier to convert to H if I wanted?

it takes a little bit of skill, though there's no synthesis discussion allowed so don't bother with that.

Morphine does not suck... it can be amazing at the right dose. For me, the initial rush of morph I like more than H but maybe thats because I live on the West Coast with shitty dope haha

Why are people saying it'd be a waste to convert to dope?

Right? H is like 4-6 times stronger.. >.>

& if I wanted to IV it, I can't bang it with the sulfate in it can I?

wrrrrroooong.

dope is 2-3 times stronger at best.

the sulfate doesn't change anything. if you are gonna bang it just do it.

so was wondering if dissolving the mallies in soda for IR oral consumption would work?

all the MS contin ive encountered has gelled up when any type of liquid hit it. im assuming thats how they all are (but i could be wrong.) if thats the case... then i know no real "safe"way of injecting them. your asking how to convert morphine to dope, but your saying your not a chemist and cant follow the morphine extraction guide. i think your getting in over your head.

all the MS contin ive encountered has gelled up when any type of liquid hit it. im assuming thats how they all are (but i could be wrong.) if thats the case... then i know no real "safe"way of injecting them. your asking how to convert morphine to dope, but your saying your not a chemist and cant follow the morphine extraction guide. i think your getting in over your head.

let's not burn this guy quite yet. how bout we inform him so he may be on his way with a somewhat educated answer....

The IR's are no problem. Just use sterile water and filter well. Crush and let sit in a sterilized mixer for a few minutes to let some/most of the kunk sink to the bottom. Do not heat. Morphine is water soluble. It will soak into the water without heat. The minute extra you MAY get by heating isn't worth it.

You'd probably ruin it trying to convert it to H (as would I).

the MSContins are useless . If you have a low tolerance 100mg will get you high orally probably. Everyone is different. Doesn't sound as though you have much experience with it so maybe start at 50mg to see what happens (oral) but don't expect any miracles. IV , on the other hand is the best way. If you are over 150lbs and especially if you have someone who can check in/watch you start with 50mg if you are drug experienced. You may need to do more but it seems as though you are pretty much a beginner by the question. So careful is the word of the day. You can always do more but never less. Better to start low and see from there where your dose is.

As someone mentioned above, the MSContins turn to mush and you can't get the water out . I have never been successful at IV'ing them but if you are bound and determined look up an old method posted by negrogesic a long time ago.

Use the search engine under that name and you should be able to find the post.

let's not burn this guy quite yet. how bout we inform him so he may be on his way with a somewhat educated answer....

hes asking how to extract pure morphine from Morphine IRs. as far as i know the only method of doing that is with the extraction he mentioned. hes not asking if he can prep a solution for injection. is there really a simple answer to give here?

I've found that the ABG 30's (SR) accept the "no-heat/water-extraction" method, where I have had no luck on the actual brand MS Contins.

I would say that you would probably have better luck extracting and converting from Poppy Pods/Seed Tea. But any way you go at it, the chemistry would be beyond beginners level. Also locating the right precursor materials would be a challenge I believe.

In my experience,heating any pills,including Dilaudid,ruins a good portion of the good stuff.Just cold wash them using plenty of water.Assuming you're using a 100 unit rig you may even have to do it in 2 shots depending on how many pills you're shooting.Even if you strip off the safety coating on time release pills they still gel up since the time release is built into the pill(in my understanding anyway).Now for a couple of my own questions.1: is there a way to prepare ms contin for sniffing?2: How do you extract morphine from poppy seeds for tea?I always thought the grocery store variety were from a different kind of poppy and/or they heated or otherwise treated them to nullify any intoxicating properties.

About not making the MS Contin's gel, I think I remember reading something about using salt or something and it gets rid of the gelling part??? Could be completley wrong but I swear I remember someone saying something about using salt??

@Screaming Skull:Never heard that one but it's worth a shot because you could always eat the resultant gel if it doesn't work.I'm gonna try it next time I have some ms contin and I'll post the results.If you get some before I do post yours then we'll both know.I'm sure we've both shot worse.

@Screaming Skull:Never heard that one but it's worth a shot because you could always eat the resultant gel if it doesn't work.I'm gonna try it next time I have some ms contin and I'll post the results.If you get some before I do post yours then we'll both know.I'm sure we've both shot worse.

Funny this come sup. I used to get RX'd 4 MSContin 60's a day with 4 MSIR 15's til the switch to Dilaudid and Fentanyl. Besides pictures I had never seen in person until today an actual Malli' MsContin 200. The green oblong ones. I was able to add a tad bit of water to rub the coating off and then I broke the pill in half. Two seperate halves of 100mg each. One thing you got to remeber with morphine is you can only suspend 50mg/ML so if you had 100mg pure morphine powder and drew it up you would still be getting a 50mg shot. I put 100mg's away for tomorrow. This is how I make them with VERY little to no gel and they pack a KICK IV or even plugged.

1. Get yourself a cup of water and 2 spoons. While you are in the kitchen grab some salt as well

2. TO make this work ideal you need a large needless syringe or one where you can screw the needle off that'sat least 2cc, I prefer 3-5cc no needle (In a ghetto pinch you can cut the tip off a needle to make ahuge whole but it will still only be 1cc which is not advisable on MSContine 100's & 200's

3. Take a little water and removed the coating from the pill. I mean a LITTLE water just enough so you can use the inside of your short or something similar to get the color off. Since I worked with a MSContin 200 tonight I'lll say break it in half. If it is a 100 no big deal. (save the other 100mg half for later from the 200mg pills)

4. Next in one of your two empty spoon sprinkle some salt into it. Not to terribly mich but also not a few specs. After awhile you will just know.

5. Now what I do since Im using half a 200mg Morphine pill I take something separate like a piece of paper or anything sturdy and crush it to straight powder. This isn't going to be used yet but you need easy fast access to it so I put it above the spoon on the table or desk im at.

6. And this part is so important and why people mess up is they do not take the time to either get a larger syringe without a needle like a 3-5cc & this can cost precious time when you need to draw something up SUPER fast

7.At this point you want 3-5cc syringe with no needle, two spoons, one empty, on with slat, you want a cotton preferably a rather rather large one (not overboard) but more then you would ever use for heroin for D's. This is because the second you drop that cotton in and it sucks the morphine up your going to want to shove that empty 3-5cc syringe directly into the cotton and draw up as much as fast as possible. But were getting a head of our selves.

8. Draw (for 100 mg since you can only fit 50mg per cc) up 2cc's of cold water. A little extra won't hurt. This is where practice and speed comes in. Have the paper you crushed up the pill in above the spoon ready to dump in soon, already have the salt in the spoon, add the 2cc of cold water to the salt & most importantly have that bigger then normal cotton and your 3-5cc rig ready to go because this part is pretty quick!

9. With JUST salt and water in the spoon take a lighter and heat it. Once you start to see the salt dissolve and get some bubbles cracking and can tell its pretty hot/warm put the spoon down and then do all of this part samurai style quick. Dump the crushed MsContin into the hot salt water stir for maybe 2 seconds because the clock is ticking on you... throw the cotton ball in immediately. It will suck up a HUGE portion of the morphine before it ever gets a chance to even start to gel. Changing the PH with salt slows down the gelling process a lot but not enough to just be slow and mess around. The second you drop the cotton ball in go straight to jamming the needless 3-5cc syringe into the cotton and pull back hard. You will notice if you do it correctly you will get back 80-100% of the water you put in. This is a good sign =D

10. Now that you got all the liquid into your needless syringe you should have about 2cc's of morphine equally 100mg (im sure some is lost so maybe 80-90mg if your started with 100mgs like me.) Now if you are into harm reduction and have the cash, I know not all junkies do and neither do I at times but with MSContin this is what the 2nd clean spoon is for. I screw on a lab grade micron filter & push the liquid through into the clean spoon, drop a cotton in and draw up to 40-45mg shots depending how well you executed my tutorial. This is the first tutorial I ever wrote and I've probably been on here almost 10 years.

11. Put your favorite tunes on, tie off, find a good vein and blast off. Trust me within about 3 seconds you will know how successful you were. You can use this method to plug it to

It took me a few go at its before I really got so good at it that the spoon I draw them up from no longer leaves any gell at all. Just some white powder that you can actually do a wash from in the morning and get more then just well. You get a nice buzz and my tolerance is HIGH

Hope that helped people. Feel free to PM me or anything you need clarified I literally wrote this after breaking up a 200mg MS Contin... doing it.... then saw this post

For the sake of harm reduction and preventing OD's breaking a pill into pieces doesn't mean you are dividing its mg or potency. The chemicals are mixed together along with fillers and other inactive ingredients. The active ingredients are not divided evenly amongst each pill. It's potency may be exact as a whole in terms of mg's but you could potentially have all the active ingredient in one portion of the pill

Last edited: