View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to enjoy tripping again?

bigspaceship

Greenlighter
Warning, long story. 26M for the record.

I discovered psychedelics give or take 6 years ago, when a friend brought some 25N-NBOMe from another country. Back at the time I had no idea what the hell is an NBOMe. My experience with drugs was limited to alcohol (which I disliked) and weed (which I hated). Needless to say, a psychedelic trip was absolutely mind blowing for me at the time. Amazing visuals, euphoria, no signs of anything that could be called "body load" - just straight awesomeness. I really fell in love with the things psychedelics can show you.

We didn't use much, the tripping was limited to approximately once per 4-5 months. No heroic dosages either. The 25N quickly ran out, so we proceeded to order some 25C and 25I. (Note that 5 years ago it was still in the grey market area). Cheap as fuck and still great. I liked 25C better just because 25I took a bit too long to come up for my tastes, but with either of them I had great profound trips, chilling, listening to music, taking walks at the beach and the usual.
The first problems began give or take 3 years ago, when I discovered reddit, erowid etc. Basically I read all the NBOMe horror stories. Deaths? Check. Seizures? Check. Uncomfortable body load? Check. I kinda knew that I am far out of the "heroic" territory, with my largest dose taken per evening around 1200mcg of 25C, spaced over 5 hours. But I started to notice things which I barely paid attention to before. Chills, hot flashes, muscle twitches, tension. Focusing on them a bit unraveled all the other "bad effects" - chest tightness, gastric discomfort. I am still pretty sure that that would never happen if nobody would have told me. The trips were just getting worse. Nothing special, nothing mentally torturing and horrifying, but I was just uncomfortable in my body and the euphoria ceased to appear. I haven't had a single "bad trip", just "mediocre" ones when I would be walking around too uncomfortable to enjoy things.

I then made a healthy well-informed democratic decision to cease with the NBOMes altogether and just get LSD instead. Haven't taken an NBOMe in the last 2-3 years. Unfortunately, this hasn't cured the issue. A few times LSD worked like the original trips, then I just started noticing the same unpleasant things on LSD as well. Shrooms didn't help as well. The last time I did some 25mg's of 2C-B and still have the same problem - yeah, I got some visuals (with zero headspace though), but I just felt physically uncomfortable.

Over the last years I have also developed some general anxiety accompanying me all the time. Not crippling, but just some small background that doesn't interfere with my actions but just takes a bit of fun away from everyday life. And the anxiety just gets stronger when thinking about doing drugs. The idea of dropping some psychs in the evening makes me anxious instead of excited now. I tried preloading my trips with 0.25 of alprazolam, that helps a bit but still no euphoria. The only drug I tried recently that really worked its magic was MDA, but doh, of course. And even dropping this MDA pill (was my first time) made me anxious for 4 hours before dropping and then a full hour of panic until it started working.
I am healthy, do lots of sports, have a nice job and great relationships. My drug use is still on the order of once every 3-5 months. I don't drink, I don't smoke weed, don't engage in benzo abuse. But I still can't fucking have a nice trip because I feel uncomfortable.

Dear bluelight, I want my magic back. Make tripping great again. Can you give me any advice on how to deal with this? What should I do/think/take to finally relax, forget the horror stories and enjoy myself tripping balls?
TL/DR Read too much horror stories, can't enjoy tripping now.

Others will probably embellish more, but basically I see two routes. Get very mentally and physically healthy, financially stable and secure before planning a week long psychedelic adventure, or combine a dissociative with the LSD to pull the rug out from under your chakral beam and allowing hedonistic enjoyment of the deepest darkest realms of psychedelic cacophony. Over time, physical consciousness can act as spiritual chains if we do not remain in optimal shape.

Well it's anxiety for something unreal then?
You know that ALD-52 wont kill you (Takan in normal dosages. Don't know th LD but i guessing there is one.)

Taking Alprazolam in advanced could work. the half life is around 5-6h+ so taking it 6h prior to tripping would not effect the trip 2 mush

If you can try Triazolam instead..

That was the chemical enhanced version..

Ells you can try with meditation and mindfulness to get to the root of your feer of Taking psychedelics.

Also Psychedelics don't fort euphoria on you so it's something you get if your comfortable and of-corse not afraid of it..

Have you tried dissociates? Like Ketamin and it's analog's (Don't use the PCP like versions tho..)
Thay have for me an antidepressant effect. Maybe all analogs don't give me a euphoric dissociate state but after i get a wery nice calm lasting days!! I find them very therapeutical.

For me it's more that my anxiety goes away on psychedelics.

If it's something specific you wont answer on just drop me a pm!

Others will probably embellish more, but basically I see two routes. Get very mentally and physically healthy, financially stable and secure before planning a week long psychedelic adventure, or combine a dissociative with the LSD to pull the rug out from under your chakral beam and allowing hedonistic enjoyment of the deepest darkest realms of psychedelic cacophony. Over time, physical consciousness can act as spiritual chains if we do not remain in optimal shape.

I agree with the dissociates. But it's not all of them!! Like belladonna is not good for this and things to close to PCP

Like I said in another thread, sometimes we have to heal deep things before we can experience tripping recreationally again.

And if tripping is your MO, I would talk to some of the more powerful plants (Aya, San Pedro, etc.)

I think when you take research chemicals, especially those in the NBOME category, you are more in the territory of having things easily fucked up. In my experience, there is considerably more metaphysical safety on plants or fungi.

I don't.. oh ya recreational as in just for fun?

I have healed some of my deepest issues with METH-LAD, DPT, DMT, and 4-HO-DiPT

Thanks for the answers!

combine a dissociative with the LSD to pull the rug out from under your chakral beam and allowing hedonistic enjoyment of the deepest darkest realms of psychedelic cacophony
Never tried a disso. I have a 250mg ampule of liquid ket stashed, but since I've never tried it on its own I don't know if it's a good idea to combine it with psychs. Isn't it overwhelming?

Ells you can try with meditation and mindfulness to get to the root of your feer of Taking psychedelics.
Would be nice to get a more detailed explanation. I am very uneducated about meditation and mindfulness, I have no idea how and if this works.

Like I said in another thread, sometimes we have to heal deep things before we can experience tripping recreationally again.
If I had some deep thing or traumatic experience needed to be healed.. Now as it seems the deep thing is that I just read about other people having bad times on psychs and find the symptoms in me.

I think when you take research chemicals, especially those in the NBOME category, you are more in the territory of having things easily fucked up. In my experience, there is considerably more metaphysical safety on plants or fungi.
As I said, I'm done with NBOMEs. But IIRC shrooms, mescaline and ayahuasca cause much more physical discomfort than LSD or 2C-B for instance, and it's exactly physical feelings I have problems with.

I personally find 2C-B to be very physically demanding!! More so then mushrooms (Maybe not all but defiantly the ones i like ;))

Regarding Mindfulness and meditation There is tones of info on youtube.com. I wouldn't last the day without mindful meditation!

I can agree with not taking a dissociative while tripping for the first time.. I did and it was wonderful ,but i was more careless back then!

Good responses. I´d consider the disso way too. Regarding psychs, maybe you could try in microdoses (lets say 1-3mg 2cb). Taken this way works wonders and the set&setting is not as demanding

So my question is off topic but I'm not sure where else to put it. I've been doing a lot of dxm lately. Lightweight compared to some of the drugs I see here. Anyway I had chance to get some lsd yesterday so I did. It been many years since I took any but I remember paper being very thin and dissolving quickly them boom. This paper was thick and it took forever to dissolve. I did feel something last night but today I did two and nothing so I did two more and nothing. So is this doing it again too soon or the dxm or just some crappy acid. What's talks thoughts on this. I'm really a beginner to tripping except shrooms. Know them well. So some guidance would be appreciated. Sorry this is off topic. Thanks

Thanks for the answers!

Never tried a disso. I have a 250mg ampule of liquid ket stashed, but since I've never tried it on its own I don't know if it's a good idea to combine it with psychs. Isn't it overwhelming?

Can be intense to say the least. I love to throw in a bit after the main part of the trip has passed and it brings me to a whole new level - best trip ever was I think either 1p-LSD or ETH-LAD with about 40 mg of MXE half way through the trip - I WAS GOD!!!!!!

Would be nice to get a more detailed explanation. I am very uneducated about meditation and mindfulness, I have no idea how and if this works.

There are loads of sites and books on it. On a bad loop, (decided to push the 4-HO-MET one night and was up at 100mg) laughing hysterically one moment and weeping uncontrollably the next I went and lay down. As i meditate regularly I focused on my breath for about 5 mins which brought me round again. Some basic info here:

http://zenhabits.net/meditation-guide/

Personally speaking I believe if you are taking psychedelics you should have a decent knowledge of meditation/mindfulness to help pull you out of the odd tail spin.

If I had some deep thing or traumatic experience needed to be healed.. Now as it seems the deep thing is that I just read about other people having bad times on psychs and find the symptoms in me.

STOP READING OTHER PEOPLES BAD TIMES. Can't push that line enough - you adopt their problems. If you had no difficulties before reading them then your mind is working overtime and I direct you back to the meditation. If I sit for one minute I have a wide variety of pains and chills and aches and I have no idea whats causing them other than I am sure wear an tear over the years.

As I said, I'm done with NBOMEs. But IIRC shrooms, mescaline and ayahuasca cause much more physical discomfort than LSD or 2C-B for instance, and it's exactly physical feelings I have problems with.

They can cause a lot more discomfort - 4-Ho-MET, even at heavy doses is forgiving and quite fun, would be my choice of psych if you are having bother with others.

Good luck.