L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

how to date..

sconnie420

Ex-Bluelighter
Man, I've been out of the game so long, how does one date..where do u find quality people? Its been like a decade since I've been through the Courting process..I've been thrown into it atp and don't have the first idea..help

Maybe give dating sites a try?

(Wo)men are everywhere; you just have to approach?

Dating sites suck enormous hairy testicles.
Not that I have any better suggestions.

I'm on a dating site but leary about meeting anyone from there...ya dating does suck balls, I totally agree..hell I haven't been on a "date" in ten years..what the protocall these days? Idw date a bunch of people, I just want to find one good one..I hope all the good guys aren't taken.

i get mad pussy from dating sites, the fuck u guys talking bout? like lob said, its how u approach them.

For rill. Talk for a little bit, meet for a drink, don't get drunk & go home with them if you think they're a serial killer.

I don't want a fuck buddy..but any pointers on the approach? Its all new to me, shit even that..I've always been the one who's been approached..

well, in this case you could get some real good smelling cologne, like georgeo armani aqua de gio. chicks will take their cloths off if you use enough of it.

i dont understand you want to only date, are you looking to get a long-term relationship out of this?

^ I believe the OP is looking for guys, not chicks...
anyway Sconnie, you got to try a few before finding one you like right? Unless you're lucky. You said you used to be the one who has been approached, so why do you think you won't be approached again?

I'm a chick, looking for a dude...long term is ideal, yeah..
I've been approached but not interested in the ones who have..idk where to meet people..i dnt really want to find someone at a bar or nothing..limited options I guess..

As in are you sure you want a whole new thing or just some action. Because that changes things a fair bit.

Anyhow, dating is no different to how it always was. Find other single people and talk to them. Only now you can use your years of life experience to screen for attitudes, background, reactions etc whilst doing the usual tightrope walk of flirting. Try to get answers to any dealbreaker questions you have.

Then ask out for drinks or banish to the friendzone.

I'd like someone with relationship potential..would it come across as to blunt asking deal breakers? Or do you wait until you're dating them a while? I don't want toscRe anyone off but..

Depends what they are I guess, and if its possible to be obtuse.

I really dunno, I'm in the same boat as you. Starting dating again after not having to for many years, and shitting myself about it.

I'm a chick, looking for a dude...long term is ideal, yeah..
I've been approached but not interested in the ones who have..idk where to meet people..i dnt really want to find someone at a bar or nothing..limited options I guess..

Plenty of other options, actually, but I believe they can be classified in few groups:p
1) go to some place (pub, club, etc...) where people go when looking for a pickup/some action
1b) meeting sites
2) ask your friends/colleagues if they know a possible match
3) go to some place (library, chess club, hackerspace, etc...) where people with similar interests gather. Of course you should be interested too! :p Eventually you'll meet new people, but I'll admit it's a long process
3b) know some people on the interwebz (except dating sites)
4) luck
5) something i've surely forgot

... but without more information is hard to give advices.

1. Get a hobby
2. Find people with similar interests
3. Make friends
4. Ask friend who is single out on a date
5. Profit

Dating sites are either full of people who are un-date-able or people with no lives. They are either bipolar (ie crazy), nurses or shift workers, douchebags (seriously!), or generally people who can't get their asses laid. I've tried them and they are terrible, you can get hook ups but maann....your standards have to be low. Its really easy to get dismissed and to dismiss others and its not a mature way of going about things. Eharmony struck me as for people in careers who want to get married - ie long distance relationships.

If you're thinking about dealbreakers before dating you've failed, or more specifically if you nitpick then don't bother. Obviously if you are against cokeheads or alcoholics, or S&M, etc etc. :D those are legit

Last edited:
Be polite. Get out more. Take up a new hobby or be more involved in your current hobby(ies). Friends of friends? Parties? Work.... sometimes not a good idea. Volunteering?

Then just ask someone out... hey do you want to go to the movies/to dinner with me? If all goes well, you go from there!

Thnx for all the advice..ya ill probably stay away from the dating sites less I get real hard up. I'm not necessarily thinking about deal breakers..