• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How much meth can someone actually do?

Man, I don't envy tweakers often, but I do right now.... If a gram-a-day habit is where the hardcore max out, then it must be a comparative breeze for anyone to support a meth habit in a big city on the US West Coast. You can barely get 1/5 as much heroin for the same price, and that is nowhere near the dose to max out at (if there is such a dose).
The opposite where I live. One gram costs roughly the same as the national average minimum weekly wage. You used to be able to get maybe a 50% discount on that buy buying a half ounce at a time which would last two weeks at that rate but discounts have been sharply falling for a long time.

It was the weirdest moment when I discovered that a gram of top quality ketamine was 1/3 the price of a gram of meth and have you a life changing high after which you really didn’t want any meth for a few days at least.

The opposite where I live. One gram costs roughly the same as the national average minimum weekly wage. You used to be able to get maybe a 50% discount on that buy buying a half ounce at a time which would last two weeks at that rate but discounts have been sharply falling for a long time.

It was the weirdest moment when I discovered that a gram of top quality ketamine was 1/3 the price of a gram of meth and have you a life changing high after which you really didn’t want any meth for a few days at least.
Wow. I saw a headline in a British paper saying Australia's government was worried that Covid-related pressures would end up shifting users from meth to heroin, but I'm not sure why heroin is easier than meth to import under these conditions...?

FWIW, one hour of work at our state minimum wage would net you enough after deductions to buy either a gram of crystal meth or a six-pack of domestic bottled beer, but not quite enough to order a medium Big Mac meal (w/ fries + drink) at a downtown McDonald's.

Out of curiosity, does he take some kind of neuroleptic (antipsychotic) or antidepressant? I've noticed that this is the case for a lot of very high dose users, it's because some medication dampen some of the dopaminergic effects of meth (so much high doses are required).

An ounce in 2 weeks is a lot, that kind of habit isn't really sustainable. He is able to manage it now because his tolerance is sky high due to a massive downregulation of his dopamine system. People will do what they want to, but I would really encourage him to try to lower the dose.

I've been doing meth on/off for 4-5 years and I still don't need more than ~50mg per session to get where I want to. And this is because I often smoke it which is much more compulsive. If I'm snorting it I only need around 2 doses of ~15-20mg for a whole day.

No he doesn’t take any meds or anything like that lol. Idk what else to say at this time as I am kinda drunk lol my bad.

Man, I don't envy tweakers often, but I do right now.... If a gram-a-day habit is where the hardcore max out, then it must be a comparative breeze for anyone to support a meth habit in a big city on the US West Coast. You can barely get 1/5 as much heroin for the same price, and that is nowhere near the dose to max out at (if there is such a dose).
I haven’t done H in like 4 years so I couldn’t tell ya. I’m in LA also. But tbh I’m glad I got out of the h game before all the dope got flooded wit fent.

When I used to use meth heavily I slept and ate normally, however I trained myself to do this so I could function.

I was at about 9 grams a week at my peak.
Don't recommend to anyone I am very lucky to be long past this. It was very hard to get off this lifestyle.

I used to meditate myself to sleep, putting each body part into a relaxation state by the time I got to my head I would sleep. Food too, was mind over matter.

This was 20 years ago. I doubt I could now although I don't desire that same usage either lol

When I used to use meth heavily I slept and ate normally, however I trained myself to do this so I could function.

I was at about 9 grams a week at my peak.
Don't recommend to anyone I am very lucky to be long past this. It was very hard to get off this lifestyle.

I used to meditate myself to sleep, putting each body part into a relaxation state by the time I got to my head I would sleep. Food too, was mind over matter.

This was 20 years ago. I doubt I could now although I don't desire that same usage either lol
How old are you, are you old? I just turned 28 earlier this month.