• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How much do you think certain drugs potentiate opioids?

You forgot smoking Atropa Belladonna leaves. It gave me great effects when I was on morphine and smoked Belladonna leaves. The amount is around 200mg but if you can't measure it, just smoke a small amount and go from there.

IMO: The best potentiator = carisoprodol. Its the only one I use. 60mg hydro with 700 mg (2 pills) of carisoprodol (soma), aka Vegas Cocktail, is the best. Diphen and benzos dull the high and DXM and gfj never seemed to work for me.

I cannot agree with this enough. It nearly doubles the dose in my humble opinion.

How the fuck can you say it potentiates it 1%? How did you gauge this, did you use 100 people with a control group taking blood samples every 5 minutes?

Sounds like typical drug user hogwash. Half those drugs don't even potentiate opiates they just create a nice synergistic high (which is obvious, generally mixing two drugs will have two highs mixed together).

I'm not exactly an expert but my findings are:

diphenhydramine (125mg) very noticably potentiates my huge dihydrocodeine habit and it also stops the itching skin.

Grapefruit Juice (300mls) potentiates my methadone dose but only slightly.

Cannabis (any amount) really adds nicely to a hit of H.

That's just my experience.

Some of the drugs you listed have the opposite effect on opioids. Many Benzo's and Barbiturates decrease the effect of most opioids. They add a synergistic sedation, but by inducing certain enzymes (CYP3A4 mostly), they decrease the total serum levels from a particular dose. They also have the added bonus of increasing your risk of overdose and death from respiratory depression while robbing you of opioids.

I dont believe that is correct, do you have any referances? All I have Ever known is that benzos and opiates=STRONGER no way in hell I have never heard of benzodiazepines that Induce CYP3A4 why would a drug speed up its own metabolism? doensnt make since to me um Im wondering if what you mean is that they maybe dull or overpower the euphoria for you? for most people it makes for a much more enjoyable time. and again If benzos induced that enzyme (the very enzyme most of them are metabolized by) I would know about it so tell me where you got your info

Main Source: Addiction Treatment Forum: Methadone Drug Interactions 3rd edition.

My mistake; seems most Benzodiazepines are competing substrates at the most common enzyme involved in opioid metabolism, 3A4. Barbiturates are 3A4 inducers.

I used to laugh so hard back in high school when people said smoking a cigarette after getting stoned increased your high 33.3%
Yes, they said "33.3%"

phrozen: "how much do you think certain drugs synergize with opioids?"

haha i remember it being 7=11% hahahaha