• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How much do you think certain drugs potentiate opioids?

Synergy

I hate smoking weed on an opiate, it ruins my buzz.

Clonazepam or Diazepam if I'm shooting for a nod.

Diphenhydramine IV and a strong opiate IV in the same shot fucking pwns.

I don't have much experience using drugs to potentiate the effects. So i can't say anything about the drugs that accually potentiate by playing with the metabolic pathways.

johanneschimpo said:
(p.s. clear your PM box so I can talk more shit to you)

lol :D

Last edited:
klowns said:
duh.....
no maybe he was saying that menthol gets you higher than non menths? jsut a guess.......

Jesus christ you're retarded.

Blacks smoke menthol cigarettes at a rate far higher than whites.

Hence the reason that blacks would get higher...

I can't believe this has to be said.

Potentiation implies an increase of blood levels in the target compound (the opioid in this case). Enzyme inhibitors like grapefruit juice and tagamet are actual potentiators.

The other compounds you guys mentioned, like alcohol and benzos cause an additive effect, in that they produce additional CNS depression when combined with opioid...

But i suppose you guys dont really care, i just used to make the distinction when i was here...

Madmike said:
orphenadrine 30-70%

ewwwwwww, worst drug ever in my book.....but to each her own

if you really want a fun night, try chewing one of these....jk.....really, JK....

edit: nothing's really helped potentiate or synergized that will with opiates for me, except more opiates; i also hate weed, so i can't comment on that

yetserday i drank 30 oz of pure grapefruit juice 1 hour before banging a 20 piece of H, and the high seemed to be much more drawn out, but not too much more intense.....dunno if that helps....

my experience:

(1 star) cannabis: completely overpowers the opiate and the mix feels uncomfortable (dysergy)

(5 stars) cimetidine: 400 or 600mg did not do much. then once, just on a hunch, i tried just one tablet (200mg) and my ass was kicked. a small amount of cimetidine potentiates opiates to a huge degree (for myself at least)

(4 stars) clonazepam: increases some aspects of the opiate high like sedation/nodding and the mix is a nice syngery of relaxation

(3 stars) DXM: does a little bit. i mainly use it in regards to tolerance though

(3 stars) antihistamines: works a little bit. an antihistamine/DXM combo (found in many gel caps) is great

IMO: The best potentiator = carisoprodol. Its the only one I use. 60mg hydro with 700 mg (2 pills) of carisoprodol (soma), aka Vegas Cocktail, is the best. Diphen and benzos dull the high and DXM and gfj never seemed to work for me.

i heard that klonopin (possibly other benzo's) slow down the break up of opiates. this was from a doctor after i od'd off of 8mg of klonopin and 2 dimes of tar, but then it could have been the respiratory depression because of the combo. and my low tolerance at that time.

Deep Kick said:
How much do you think certain drugs potentiate opiates?

For example i will list the drugs i use to potentiate opioids (and which opioids) and what percentage of the opioids high i feel (in my experiences) is increased (if at all) by the potentiator.

~20-65%.....cannabis (depending on quality & quantity it can boost the high over 60% especially depending on the strain)

~15-35%.....benzos (in order from best to worst: valium, ativan, xanax, klonopin, librium) i enjoy mixing as many as possible w/ opiates.

~10-40%.....other opiates (not sure if it's considered "potentiating" but the high is boosted for sure, morphine + codeine in PPT is a great combo)

~10-25%.....diphenhydramine (i've only tried up to 25mg)

~5-15%.......hydroxyzine (another antihistamine, i dosed with ~30mg, and it was similar to DPH,)

~5-10%.......alcohol (not sure if i'd consider it a potentiator... but it makes me more buzzed but so does mixing coke + opiates...)

~5-8%.........grapefruit juice (8 oz consumed 60-90 minutes prior dose gives slight boost in effect and duration, but nothing great)

~3-6%.........gabapentin (could be mental, but does work the first time you take it)

~2-10%.......marinol (10-20mg can increase the high, taken 1-2 hrs prior dosing)

~2-5%.........naproxen sodium (aleve, 220-500mg definitely adds a nice subtle warmth)

~1-4%.........cyclobenzaprine (flexeril is a TCA anti-d. muscle relaxant that provides a slight boost)

~1-2%.........loperamide (could easily be a placebo effect)

drugs i'd like to try for potentiation: carisoprodol, DXM, doxylamine, promethazine, barbiturates, and tagamet.

peace

I'm going to disagree with just about everyone here and say that benzos can really add to the opiate/opioid effects...I once took 1mg of Ativan about an hour before a low dose of hydrocodone and the effects were better than a decent dose of IV morphine.

I really feel like bumping this
my top 8 opiate potentiators

1. Orphenadrine
2. Marijuana
3. Soma
4. Diazepam
5. Promethazine (sic)
6. Cyclobenzaprine
7. Oxazepam (the only thing it's good for)
8. Diphenhydramine

Cannabis is medicaly proven (well THC that is) to potentiate morphine Drasticaly.
and most people who take opies know this as well, just due to the fact that if you smoke a bowl RIGHT when the opies are starting to kick in, like 20 minutes after an oral dose or directly after a shot....you get WAYYYY fucking higher I mean you can Definatly feel the opiate stronger I mean its amazing how much a difference it makes. I can cut my dose in half if I have cannabis.

Grapefruit juice-For me, this works the best of morphine, or for poppy (seed/pod) tea. and it works Amazingly it definatly about doubles the high for me. Ive never noticed too much a difference with hydrocodone however.

Elavil-Awesome even better than diphen. however It gives me nightmares so I cant take it

Prometh/diphen/dimen/doxy- these all work Realyl well and provided an extra rush and sedation however again, they all give me nightmares so I cant touch them. however if I were to, id take the prometh first, then the doxy, then the diphen shit last

Food-Eating a high fat meal before your opies gives a greater blood level and for me at least it Definatly works but it works the best with morphine/codeine type drugs for me it makes a world of difference, though it also works Wonders for oxy and to a lesser extent hydrocodone

DXM-Do it :)

Benzos make you nod out harder but dont actualy make the opies stronger or anything (except respritory depression wise in which case yes they do ad on to eachother and could kill you....)

Soma-Too much and you wont feel the dope. 1-2 pills and its AMAZING infact hydro and soma and weed is my favorite combo in the world :)
peace hope that helped!

ewwwwwww, worst drug ever in my book.....but to each her own

if you really want a fun night, try chewing one of these....jk.....really, JK....

edit: nothing's really helped potentiate or synergized that will with opiates for me, except more opiates; i also hate weed, so i can't comment on that

Try Low dose orphenadrine and high dose codeine (nope, don't need anything stronger then that) and tell me if you still feel that way. It doesn't only synergize with it, it actually potentiates it.

Calcium Carbonate - seems to extend it some

Lemon Juice - boosts it a little

Tagamet- makes it more intense for the first hour or so

Grapefruit Juice - same as L juice

Xanex - makes the opioids more dreamy feeling

DXM - adds it's own lil tweak, does more for me if I take it 2-3 hours in

Diphenhydramine - 2-3 hours in, seems to boost the opiate sensation back up a bit

Marihuana - Rocks the combo, sometimes a bit too much

Opium - brings it back a lot, but adds to the sleepies

Coffee - makes the opiate sensation feel more "up"

Percentage? Defining sensations with numbers is hard, I am entirely incapable of quantifying a "feeling" down to a number, I think ( or is it feel?)

Last edited:
Plus one haha definatly on the whole numbers thing.

Hey id have to agree that coffee and OCs/Norcos with a bowl is Definatly the real breakfast of champions haha

hum sounds like a pretty decent version of diphen eh? says euphoria is Commonly reported.....I bet it feels very similar to elavil....

Damn n00bs not using the word "potentiator" correctly. :p

Why say this...Its obvious what the guys meant...besides,

potentiate

: to make effective or active or more effective or more active

from mw....