• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much alcohol is too much with cocaine?

new2drugs

Bluelighter
Was at an event and everyone who was snorting coke had a drink in their hand. Non stop drinking and then off to somewhere discreet to snort.

My question is , is a few beers ok with coke or is even that too much?

I wouldn't recommend drinking on coke, more for the mental effects it will have on you than because of physical harm. I happen not to like alcohol 🥃. Drinking while on cocaine creates a metabolite called cocaethylene with distinct effects but I don't know if this transformation is liver toxic or not. I guess if the coke is pure then you won't get much additional danger than from both isolated.

I wouldn't recommend drinking on coke, more for the mental effects it will have on you than because of physical harm. I happen not to like alcohol 🥃. Drinking while on cocaine creates a metabolite called cocaethylene with distinct effects but I don't know if this transformation is liver toxic or not. I guess if the coke is pure then you won't get much additional danger than from both isolated.
I've heard or read that's it's quite bad in combo

The real question would be how much coke is safe with any amount of alcohol, and because cocaethylene is 25x more cardiotoxic than cocaine itself (which is already highly cardiotoxic) the answer is probably zero.

(Cocaethylene is the metabolite of coke+alcohol)

Of course, plenty of people abuse this combo heavily, but there's really no safe amount or theshold.

You're probably not going to die if you do it a few times in reasonable amounts, but there's no way to tell how much damage you're doing to your heart.

We can't tell you as many thing come into it including body weight, alcohol tolerance and cocaine tolerance. Just go slow. The main problem is that the coke makes you feel much more alert and sober but lasts SIGNIFICANTLY shorter than alcohol so you can have to coke wear off and suddenly the full alcohol effects can hit you and you can become dangerously drunk/sedated.

As well as this - as Snafu pointed out - Cocaethylene (the byproduct of ethanol and cocaine combining) - is VERY cardiotoxic.

Thanks. Just wondering if a few beers still produces the Cocaethylene or if you need to be kinda drunk for it to be there in any significant amount.

Thanks. Just wondering if a few beers still produces the Cocaethylene or if you need to be kinda drunk for it to be there in any significant amount.
Any amount of alcohol at all will do it.

In a study 1g of ethanol caused 17% of a cocaine dose to metabolize into cocaethylene.

To put that in perspective, there are 14g of ethanol in 1 beer.

Any amount of alcohol at all will do it.

In a study 1g of ethanol caused 17% of a cocaine dose to metabolize into cocaethylene.

To put that in perspective, there are 14g of ethanol in 1 beer.
Thanks

Well stone cold sober seems to be the best way.

People binge on both and they go on to have their lives, but the combination processes in your body in a way so that your liver creates a third drug which potentiates the experience and health consequences of both, cocaethylene. Keep things moderate if you're going to mix, and avoid completely if you have any underlying cardiovascular issues like hypertension or an
arrhythmia.

I guess I'm going to present a somewhat controversial opinion and say that coke and alcohol goes together like bread and butter* (*granted, if one isn't overdoing them!); How much is too much depends on your subjective body chemistry, but once you're tipsy, doing a couple of lines is going to enhance your drinking experience. Doing just Coke seems.. kind of boring to me, but adding in some Alcohol balances things out very smoothly.

Of course, it's not healthy, of course, it's not advisable from harm reduction perspective, but still.. I don't use alcohol without coke, and don't use coke without alcohol; so in my case, I use both very rarely. Everyone I know who does coke (occasionally, not addicted to it), mixes it with alcohol.

Please, don't get me wrong -> by all means what others have said regarding cardiotoxicity when doing this combo are completely right, it's a bad combo for your heart.

Be mindful that there are plenty of other stuff in your coke too, stuff like levamisole (which synergizes with coke, but has tons of other side effects) and there can be various other filler chemicals.

It's a good practice to test your product for purity and for adulterants (there are available tests for both).

Stay safe.

Thanks for the advice..I only had a small amount of alcohol at the weekend and let it fade before taking the coke

Non alcoholic beer yet again seems to be a good idea here.
given the ratio @Snafu in the Void posted.. a few "non alcohol" beers probably will have enough alcohol to do the trick.

Something to take into consideration is the effects the synergy will have on possible addiction. you can end up craving coke every time you have a drink and a drink every time you have coke. Alcohol can significantly reduce your ability to resist cravings.. so it can snowball.

given the ratio @Snafu in the Void posted.. a few "non alcohol" beers probably will have enough alcohol to do the trick.

Something to take into consideration is the effects the synergy will have on possible addiction. you can end up craving coke every time you have a drink and a drink every time you have coke. Alcohol can significantly reduce your ability to resist cravings.. so it can snowball.
No way the trace amount in non alcoholic beer would be enough. Orange juice contains more alcohol than some of these non alcoholic beers.

The problem is the tendency to get shit faced on coke The hangover is hellish and it's really cardio toxic. I can drink like a tank on coke and given that i inject my coke that is not a good combo at all and my dumb ass hasent done it un ages. my worst comedown from coke was when i had like 5 grams i shot u with a bottle of Stolichnya. Fuck me that was awful and requiredalot of morphine the next day

Plus the combination of a hangover + coke comedown is pretty damn harsh.
my take is that coke alone has almost no hangover. I think the majority of brutal coke hangovers are like you said alcohol, esp mixed with sugar and then the effects of people trying to pull the rip cord late night, with benzos and booze and still failing to skip the coke comedown. Its the parachutes that end up making you sick.. and they never work.

my take is that coke alone has almost no hangover. I think the majority of brutal coke hangovers are like you said alcohol, esp mixed with sugar and then the effects of people trying to pull the rip cord late night, with benzos and booze and still failing to skip the coke comedown. Its the parachutes that end up making you sick.. and they never work.
Weird. Even good, clean, pure coke makes me acutely and severely depressed/anxious on the comedown for a few hours. One of the reasons I never messed with it too much.

I never abuse coke for this reason unless I have some other drug to do afterwards. It's almost a requirement for me.

Coke comedown is the worst comedown I can think of, worse than MDMA.

It's not really a hangover, just a harsh comedown. Combined with alcohol is a different story.