• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

HOW MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE WE ARE LIVING IN THE END TIMES OF THE HOLY BIBLE?

By all accounts? I'm not so sure. Materially and technologically, absolutely. But it's like a domesticated dog.. which life is the better life; living longer as a pet, or living shorter with absolute freedom as a wild animal?
Better? Worse? just different I suppose. We live in a remarkable time to be able to discuss these topics with strangers from all around the globe in milliseconds, and yet we can be so unappreciative of how truly remarkable that is. At the same time, through the very same medium, we are also bombarded by stories of the sky falling from all angles, be it religious, political, scientific, social... and yet here we are talking about it around the campfire of the cosmos.

Social collapse will happen and renaissance will follow in its wake. The bible tells us through symbols and metaphors the patterns by which these terrible change events will likely occur through - climate change, unrest, famine, plague, false prophets rising to power. Just warnings to subsequent generations to carry hope instead of fear I believe, anyway. We need to keep pushing kindness and understanding, stop arguing about stupid shit and doing actual work on actual things that need addressing, like how much technology we bask in front of daily, puting our kids in front of hourly, figuring out what to do about people displaced by awful circumstances from abroad and from within our own societies rather than casting blame on them for being from the wrong religion, wrong country, wrong culture, or blaming them for being homeless and addicted to drugs, or blaming them for growing up in families that were that way.

While I see something powerful and envious in the lives of those who lived eons ago, I feel like their will was to move forward and face adversity vs. retreat in the face of it, so I keep trying to do that.

But it's like a domesticated dog.. which life is the better life; living longer as a pet, or living shorter with absolute freedom as a wild animal?
I'm pleased to report that my dog (see my avatar) and I both are doing fine without an assortment of intestinal parasites, thank you very much.

In Matthew 24 of the KJV Holy Bible the Lord speaks of the end times and the events which must take place before He returns. Also in Luke 21, Mark 13 and the book of Revelation all speaks of the times in which we live today. There are many other places in Scripture that speaks of these times. I urge you to read at least these chapters of the Gospel first so you can compare these events to today.
I am here for any questions. I do NOT attend the denominational (to denominate or to take on a lesser name) churches. I am only a worker in the Body of Christ here to serve your questions. I'm not perfect and will never be while living in this body. The only perfect one who walked on this Earth is Jesus Christ (the Son of God) which went to the cross for the sins of the world. He is coming back and time is short so only serious content will be answered.

Human lifetimes are incredibly short and therefore, unless somebody puts in a concerted effort to study history, it is easy to catastrophize current events.

There have been so many pivotal moments in human history that were called apocalypses. A lot of people even died. Then we made it through, and humanity survived it all.

I notice that people think it's the end times when the negative circumstances seem so much larger than them, so overwhelming, and so incomprehensible that they defer to superstitious explanations.

The truth is that humanity has always had difficulty living with its most dangerous knowledge and power. The tendency to abuse power is ubiquitous throughout history. Add natural disasters to that and we have experienced many apocalypses.

My friend, who is in his 70s now, grew up as a Jehovas Witness. His parents were so convinced that the world was going to end in 1965 that they built a bunker on their property and they hid in it for basically two years. It was like something out of a movie. Then eventually they re-emerged and nothing in the world was any different. When my friend turned 18 he left home and never spoke to his family again.

Christians want the world to the end. They can't reckon with the reality of human life and all the contradictions to their faith. Rather than admit that their religion's proscriptions are mostly a bunch of bullshit that have misled them, they want to see the world burn. That's how fucked up they are. They think that the rapture will bring their saviour back to them. It's such a pathetic way of seeing the world and I am really embarrassed that humans like this still exist in the year 2024.

Christianity started as a cult in the catacombs of Rome. Then by sheer luck they got Emperor Constantine to endorse them as an official religion -- arguably one of the worst political decisions in human history. They should have stayed illegal and in the catacombs. We have been dealing with their literal insanity for centuries.

It's your limits as a Christian that need to come to an end, not the world. This is why the Abrahamic faiths are dangerous. Your type of thinking is why jihadists and other religious fundamentalists want to get their hands on nuclear weapons.

Jehovas Witnesses are not Christians. They believe asking the Watchtower is just as good as asking God. They are a cult. Real Christians have nothing to do with those types. We look at the KJV Holy Bible 1611 which is the word of God if you speak English and compare if prophecy has been fulfilled in the world. There are things like the mark of the beast which needs to come out before the end. We don't want bad times but we do want Jesus to return to setup his kingdom on Earth and to go to Heaven.
If you look at the evil increase in the world and compare it to Scripture some things happened and some things not yet.
My type of thinking is peace on Earth not violence as the odious comment you made liking Christians to nuks and jihads. Those are the devils religions and anyone can see the difference. We are peaceful and fight by praying. Does that sound like the violence you speak of? NO.

we are in the end of times at least from two thousand years