• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom How long till the Kratom buzz comes back??

Tramadol is absolutely not "a weaker opioid than kratom".

Tramadol has a full agonist metabolite that's roughly as potent as morphine.

Kratom is barely a partial agonist, not to mention kratom powder is full of antagonists & dopamine blockers. It's related to the coffee family after all & coffee is loaded with opioid antagonists. It's incredibly weaker than tramadol & even codeine.

This is why you keep needing to take trams ontop of kratom, because tramadol is literally a full agonist (or it's active metabolite is anyway), with a longer duration than kratom. Tramadol is also a TAAR1 agonist and causes a weak serotonin release similar to some stimulants. Tramadol is 100x better of a drug than kratom IMO. I have never felt anything remotely close to an opioid effect from kratom. I have bags of kratom sitting around & if they had any worthwhile effects, I wouldn't still have them. Kratom isn't going to cover all the withdrawal from tramadol either. In fact, I'd say it could make it worse.

Tramadol use to be my drug of choice when my opioid dependence started (well over 15 years ago now).
400mg of tramadol had me nodding very similarly to heroin or any other opioid (when my tolerance was low enough).
Kratom however, has never given me any euphoria, let alone made me nod.
Thats weird. Some people get benefits from kratom, some don't. As for me, kratom was a lifesaver coming off tramadol and opioids. Even alcohol. I mix around with different strains of kratom but I'm definitely due for a tolerance break. I've been thru tramadol withdrawal and it's hell on Earth.

I see Kratom in the cigar shop, but never think to buy it. Is it any good or is it basically just a joke ? I mean can spend my money on other things. There is a weed shop not too far from were I live.

I see Kratom in the cigar shop, but never think to buy it. Is it any good or is it basically just a joke ? I mean can spend my money on other things. There is a weed shop not too far from were I live.

Different people have different opinions obviously. Personally I think it’s pretty good, very sustainable too ime…some people become addicted to it, of course, as is the case with all psychoactive drugs, but personally I’ve never experienced any withdrawal symptoms from it *shrug* certainly nothing comparable to traditional opioid drugs.

It depends on what you’re expecting too…if you’re desiring a recreational experience akin to heroin or oxycodone, it won’t deliver…however, for opioid naive users the effects will likely be quite recreational, especially the concentrates.

I've been using kratom for about 7 years and still haven't lost the buzz (as long as I'm not actively using other strong opioids as well).

Sometimes I get a meh batch of kratom and think I finally lost the buzz, but then I get it back with the next purchase.

I see Kratom in the cigar shop, but never think to buy it. Is it any good or is it basically just a joke ?
I kicked oxycodone by using kratom and experienced almost no WD symptoms. Didn't miss a day of work.
3+ years layer I still use kratom for pain relief, mood lift, and energy. I don't get a "buzz" exactly, but it definitely still gives me a mood lift and helps motivate me to get shit done at work.

Thats weird. Some people get benefits from kratom, some don't. As for me, kratom was a lifesaver coming off tramadol and opioids. Even alcohol. I mix around with different strains of kratom but I'm definitely due for a tolerance break. I've been thru tramadol withdrawal and it's hell on Earth.
Yeah kratom works for some people!
I've used so many different kinds of kratom & it just isn't my thing. I can see how it would help somebody in withdrawal though.

Tramadol is definitely better IMO (and just factually stronger). I must have been a good metabolizer in my early & mid 20's cause 6-8 50mg tramadol had me feeling incredible for most of the day. Like a cross between hydros/heroin, with a stimulated edge. I could nod if I wanted but I could snap out of it & then start doing some hard laborious task. lol I miss tramadol honestly. Tramadol & buprenorphine are a great combo as well.

Legal in most of the USA. I think there are 7 or 8 states where it isn't. Kind of like weed in a way. Some states legal, some not.

UK is illegal. Sorry to say because many could benefit from it . Always feel bad for members that are asking for help with WD or depression or anxiety and someone mentions kratom and they put a sad face emoji as they can't get it.

Different people have different opinions obviously. Personally I think it’s pretty good, very sustainable too ime…some people become addicted to it, of course, as is the case with all psychoactive drugs, but personally I’ve never experienced any withdrawal symptoms from it *shrug* certainly nothing comparable to traditional opioid drugs.
I feel the same way. I’ve been taking it for years and still get a pleasant buzz from 3-5g and never get any withdrawal symptoms at these doses.
Once it stops having the desired effect I take a few months off and when I start up again it’s as good as it ever was.

I kicked oxycodone by using kratom and experienced almost no WD symptoms. Didn't miss a day of work.
3+ years layer I still use kratom for pain relief, mood lift, and energy. I don't get a "buzz" exactly, but it definitely still gives me a mood lift and helps motivate me to get shit done at work.
The mood lift and energy is what I consider the Kratom buzz.
The opioid effects aren’t ever very strong with Kratom, there seems to be a ceiling effect, so I avoid chasing that high and pushing the dose higher. Higher doses is where you run into trouble, withdrawals etc, for very little return in the way of buzz.

I have extensive experience taking and quitting kratom. You need to stop all opiates for several months before kratom will get any magic back. After that once you start using again it will lose the magic again in 3-4 weeks.

Is Kratom actually illegal here in UK? Somebody should probably mention it to the reliable Kratom UK vendor Ive been using for years...

Don't tend to see the extract for sale anymore though.

Is Kratom actually illegal here in UK? Somebody should probably mention it to the reliable Kratom UK vendor Ive been using for years...

Don't tend to see the extract for sale anymore though.

Everything's fuckin illegal here mate, since that pesky psychoactive substances act came into force in 2016.

The tories have successfully outlawed having fun...

Yeah. I mean it's shite really. I suppose if you can easily buy meds of questionable origin off clearweb sites then it's probably not worth wasting time chasing down kratom venders.

I honestly don't know where I stand with the law these days. I probably try n behave a bit more now. I mind when they declassified weed n that seemed sensible then it got super strong and they reclassified it. Because that's the answer...

Smh

Yeah. I mean it's shite really. I suppose if you can easily buy meds of questionable origin off clearweb sites then it's probably not worth wasting time chasing down kratom venders.

The only 'legal highs' we're allowed now are alcohol, nicotine, caffeine and poppers. The latter simply because a gay tory boy objected to it being included in the PSA.

Anyone else noticed how prevalent alcohol, nicotine and caffeine are these days? :\

Price of fags mental too...

Minimum pricing of alcohol in Scotland definitely didn't increase the amount of shit street valium going about or did it? 🤔