• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom How long till the Kratom buzz comes back??

User145667

Bluelighter
Gas Station / Tobacco Shop / Head shop Kratom and extracts have worked as a stepping stone back to real opiates and other drugs for me, and also has more recently led to what seems to be a raging Tianeptine addiction (Tia is the only thing that works these days. 300mg of Morphine hardly does shit now. And I have to take 15 Tia pills all at once to even get high on Tia, and they are 40 bucks a bottle in my town; I simply can't afford this, not to mention it seems incredibly dangerous and irresponsible).

Anyways, since moving on to other things l, my opioid tolerance raised to levels that are far beyond ridiculous, guys. And I can't even come close to getting high off of Kratom anymore. Even at 30-40 capsules, don't give me a buzz, and if there is even an effect at all its just that nasty "wobbly" feeling you get from taking too much -- no opioid effect or mood lift to be found. My tolerance is far above Kratom's "ceiling effect" it would seem.

My question is this: if I were to faithfully just take Kratom for a week or two, would the buzz come back eventually? I desperately miss the simpler days of just using Kratom as my release. And man was it cheaper than Morphine, percs, or Tianeptine. Not to mention safer.

Also, is stem and vein Kratom really legit for lowering tolerance, or does it only do so in a very mild manner? What about Memantine? I may have a plug to both Memantine, as well as proglumide. But it will be a few weeks before I can order them. My cousin told me the Kratom buzz did return after getting off heroin (he fell into the same trap of allowing Kratom to open his way back into harder things, as well) a week or two after taking Kratom daily. So I'm hoping this is how it generally works for everyone. What has been your experience? Thanks all.

It’s unlikely the ‘buzz’ is going to come back, but you can try taking a tolerance break which will work, albeit i know it’s hard due to withdrawals from all the drugs.

i wanted to ask what tianeptine is like? i haven’t talked to someone or read a trip report about it before, so i’m very curious.

once you’re on full agonist opioids, you won’t feel the kratom much, in my personal experience. really only shoots a buzz if you’re off all full agonists.

you can always try to switch strains to a strong white strain.

i don’t know about memantine much but plumbus does, he has multiple posts about memantine for withdrawal if you would like to search ‘memantine’ on here. i don’t know how to tag him on mobile, but 100% - it’s worth a shot bruv.

xx

It’s unlikely the ‘buzz’ is going to come back, but you can try taking a tolerance break which will work, albeit i know it’s hard due to withdrawals from all the drugs.

i wanted to ask what tianeptine is like? i haven’t talked to someone or read a trip report about it before, so i’m very curious.

once you’re on full agonist opioids, you won’t feel the kratom much, in my personal experience. really only shoots a buzz if you’re off all full agonists.

you can always try to switch strains to a strong white strain.

i don’t know about memantine much but plumbus does, he has multiple posts about memantine for withdrawal if you would like to search ‘memantine’ on here. i don’t know how to tag him on mobile, but 100% - it’s worth a shot bruv.

xx
I've read that Tianeptine raises your tolerance to Kratom quick and hard. It's the main reason I won't do it much even though I have a few grams left.

It feels like a couple Vicodin (but dirtier) which begins to fade very quickly after it hits. (at 100mg)

Last edited:
Just use kratom to avoid WD and after 2 weeks it should at least improve your mood. And high quality kratom is actually very potent. Right Now i take a lot of golden kratom and it makes me feel good for a relatively long time. But i can't avoid tramadol for some reason, it makes me high like oxy, even while on kratom i supplement tramadol here and there....i quess i am able to metabolize it very good...it is weaker opioid than kratom but this combination Is a lot stronger stronger than either one of them alone...but be careful, tramadol Wd Is brutal i take it for 10 years now...

Just use kratom to avoid WD and after 2 weeks it should at least improve your mood. And high quality kratom is actually very potent. Right Now i take a lot of golden kratom and it makes me feel good for a relatively long time. But i can't avoid tramadol for some reason, it makes me high like oxy, even while on kratom i supplement tramadol here and there....i quess i am able to metabolize it very good...it is weaker opioid than kratom but this combination Is a lot stronger stronger than either one of them alone...but be careful, tramadol Wd Is brutal i take it for 10 years now...
I know what you mean. I can't get high on Codeine at all (drank an entire 240 mL bottle of syrup one time believe it or not, and it just got me slightly buzzed and made my stomach hurt and a whole lot of BAD itching but that was it), but Tramadols would get me FUCKED UP for 8 hours straight. Super euphoric and great nod, honestly it was one of my favorite opiates. Its weird cuz it wasn't that great when I was a teenager, but all that changed in my early 20s (apparently your liver enzymes can increase with age) These days I dont think Tramadol would do much of anything cause of tolerance, but back in the day 3-5 50mg Ultrams would have me absolutely flying.bandbut was dirt cheap at a dollar per 50mg pill. Honestly preferred the high to heroin or oxy or morphine. Very euphoric and very social and very worry free, whereas heroin is very anger inducing and anti social to me and doesn't have legs most of the time. Cant take it now anyways because I'm on Lexapro. I would love to Be able to get my hands on some o-DSMT though....

I used kratom to quit suboxone back when I was only taking 6mg a day (still a lot compared to kratom) and before that it was fentanyl I was addicted to. I was expecting to have to take huge doses, but it turned out it only took 5g at the beginning (before spiraling out of control to an oz a day). But this was the first time I had ever done kratom on a daily basis, so I'm sure thats part of it. I knew Kratom before that, but as a recreational drug/curiosity. Taking it in the heat of withdrawal felt absolutely amazing.

I'm on 16mg of bupe now and I've tried taking kratom a few times with... mixed results, definitely didn't feel like it did back in the day, but tbh that was kind of the problem with it, it made me manicly euphoric for short periods which made it hard to keep doses consistent... the higher the doses got the worse the side effects did, so I felt I had no choice but to go back to bupe, which is more stable.

I bet if I stopped taking other opioids for a week it would feel amazing for a short period again. But an experiment I am unwilling to try.

Tramadol is absolutely not "a weaker opioid than kratom".

Tramadol has a full agonist metabolite that's roughly as potent as morphine.

Kratom is barely a partial agonist, not to mention kratom powder is full of antagonists & dopamine blockers. It's related to the coffee family after all & coffee is loaded with opioid antagonists. It's incredibly weaker than tramadol & even codeine.

This is why you keep needing to take trams ontop of kratom, because tramadol is literally a full agonist (or it's active metabolite is anyway), with a longer duration than kratom. Tramadol is also a TAAR1 agonist and causes a weak serotonin release similar to some stimulants. Tramadol is 100x better of a drug than kratom IMO. I have never felt anything remotely close to an opioid effect from kratom. I have bags of kratom sitting around & if they had any worthwhile effects, I wouldn't still have them. Kratom isn't going to cover all the withdrawal from tramadol either. In fact, I'd say it could make it worse.

Tramadol use to be my drug of choice when my opioid dependence started (well over 15 years ago now).
400mg of tramadol had me nodding very similarly to heroin or any other opioid (when my tolerance was low enough).
Kratom however, has never given me any euphoria, let alone made me nod.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I can't get high on Codeine at all (drank an entire 240 mL bottle of syrup one time believe it or not, and it just got me slightly buzzed and made my stomach hurt and a whole lot of BAD itching but that was it), but Tramadols would get me FUCKED UP for 8 hours straight. Super euphoric and great nod, honestly it was one of my favorite opiates. Its weird cuz it wasn't that great when I was a teenager, but all that changed in my early 20s (apparently your liver enzymes can increase with age) These days I dont think Tramadol would do much of anything cause of tolerance, but back in the day 3-5 50mg Ultrams would have me absolutely flying.bandbut was dirt cheap at a dollar per 50mg pill. Honestly preferred the high to heroin or oxy or morphine. Very euphoric and very social and very worry free, whereas heroin is very anger inducing and anti social to me and doesn't have legs most of the time. Cant take it now anyways because I'm on Lexapro. I would love to Be able to get my hands on some o-DSMT though....
I was the same in my early 20's.

400mg of tramadol beat the shit out of 20mg of hydrocodone or percs.
I was high all day. And I would get so much motivation & energy to get shit done.
I could exercise, go for long ass walks, listen to my headphones & all of it was enjoyable.

I felt like heroin was very similar but obviously not as stimulating as trams.

Now a days though (i'm 35 now) tramadol doesn't do a whole lot. Probably because of high tolerance. But it will always hold a special place in my heart for all the beautiful days it gave me. I went through tramadol withdrawals every month from the ages of 19-29/30. But it was all worth it. Best antidepressant I've ever tried. next to heroin.

WellTram is incorrect though about it being weaker than kratom. Tramadol is much stronger than kratom, by far. Not only in potency but in effects.

Gas Station / Tobacco Shop / Head shop Kratom and extracts have worked as a stepping stone back to real opiates and other drugs for me, and also has more recently led to what seems to be a raging Tianeptine addiction......What has been your experience? Thanks all.
I strongly suggest that you taper down and then get completely off the Tianeptine. It's nasty stuff and the withdrawal symptoms can be as bad or even worse than any typical opiate/opioid.
Kratom might help you avoid the worst of the withdrawals if you try to kick the Tia quickly but you're not gonna get any real "buzz" from kratom while you're on that shit.

"Tiana" or "Za-Za" or Stablon or Coaxil or whatever you wanna call it is very very bad news.

I’d recommend tapering with bupe. After you’re on the other side of all that you can always give kratom another whirl, if you feel like it. It’s important that you return to a “baseline” though, that’s when kratom is most effective anyway

I always though tramadol was a weak nothing they gave to avoid writing for anything that worked?
no way... tramadol is good af, Im not a big opioid fan but the more stimulated opioid feel helps wonders for me I much prefer it over regular nodding. It's definitely potent like a high dose is pretty hard to tell the difference between oxy but of course everything metabolises it differently and its quite dangerous to use recreationally but ive never had issues. Also has lasting antidepressant effects

I always though tramadol was a weak nothing they gave to avoid writing for anything that worked?
I like Tramadol quite a bit as well. In my case I'm usually doing lower doses of opioids, especially compared to what I read about on here. 10-20 mg of Hydrocodone is plenty for me and I want to keep it that way.

Anyway, what I love about Tramadol is the legs it has. After the NSRI effects you get a nice, hours long, buzz. Hydro seems like it's a couple hours and goes away immediately if you eat.

In general, the "buzz" doesn't ever come back, at least not in the way that any of us imagine/dream that it will. We all know that the body can absorb, adapt, change, die, regenerate and all of that shit. Even knowing this, it really seems that addiction/dependence to drugs, and I'm really thinking Benzos/Alcohol/Opioids etc., though it likely applies in some way across the board, is like stretching something that can't be unstretched afterward. The t-shirt is never gonna fit properly again.

There's also a huge difference between what could happen in theory versus what we know actually happens in reality in regard to drugs. We know that a Heroin user can use for an infinite period of time, avoid health problems, keep getting the same benefit from their drugs, live a happy, healthy life. They just need to stick to this extremely strict, theoretical guidelines, which in practice, never seems to happen. People who are addicted, have been dependent who get clean, do not ever return to anything resembling responsbile usage on their own. I believe there is a lot of value in Heroin prescription programs for this reason, as it takes the choice out of the hands of the user and we have seen these programs work effectively.

If you were to get clean, be abstinent for 1 month, 6 months, a year or whatever, Opioid addicts do tend to go back to some kind of baseline at least in terms of tolerance. The big kicker here is that formerly-dependent users tend to get back to their highest-historical-usage within a period of days or weeks.

So yes, you could catch that buzz again. It wouldn't last though. The same honeymoon period that we all begin with in using Opioids does not restart with abstinence. Granted, I can only speak for periods of abstinence in the period of months, not decades. However, if you could live a normal life for 10 years without needing Kratom, doesn't that basically prove that you don't even need the Kratom? That's the philosophical paradox of this whole argument. I know it's kind of a mindfuck.

It depends on a persons tolerance, dosage & their liver enzymes.

To reiterate one more time, tramadol is definitely much stronger than kratom by far.

t
Gas Station / Tobacco Shop / Head shop Kratom and extracts have worked as a stepping stone back to real opiates and other drugs for me, and also has more recently led to what seems to be a raging Tianeptine addiction (Tia is the only thing that works these days. 300mg of Morphine hardly does shit now. And I have to take 15 Tia pills all at once to even get high on Tia, and they are 40 bucks a bottle in my town; I simply can't afford this, not to mention it seems incredibly dangerous and irresponsible).

Anyways, since moving on to other things l, my opioid tolerance raised to levels that are far beyond ridiculous, guys. And I can't even come close to getting high off of Kratom anymore. Even at 30-40 capsules, don't give me a buzz, and if there is even an effect at all its just that nasty "wobbly" feeling you get from taking too much -- no opioid effect or mood lift to be found. My tolerance is far above Kratom's "ceiling effect" it would seem.

My question is this: if I were to faithfully just take Kratom for a week or two, would the buzz come back eventually? I desperately miss the simpler days of just using Kratom as my release. And man was it cheaper than Morphine, percs, or Tianeptine. Not to mention safer.

Also, is stem and vein Kratom really legit for lowering tolerance, or does it only do so in a very mild manner? What about Memantine? I may have a plug to both Memantine, as well as proglumide. But it will be a few weeks before I can order them. My cousin told me the Kratom buzz did return after getting off heroin (he fell into the same trap of allowing Kratom to open his way back into harder things, as well) a week or two after taking Kratom daily. So I'm hoping this is how it generally works for everyone. What has been your experience? Thanks all.
trust me I chased it for years it doesn't the WDs just get worse
thats why you can't chase a high wit kratom its not an opiate it just binds to your opioid receptors to make you feel less stressed and less pain
I started using kratom after I Odd on a fake perk and a year later I Wass snorting dope (dont ask lmao homelessness for a lil it just kinda happened) but what I was saying was kratom feels like a tease especially when you've taken real opiates especially dog food like you said so I promise you
its not worth it to go back
I just relapsed yesterday on a xan bc that was never my DOC n immediately I felt the urge to hit my old plug up
get strands of kratom from online vendors I can't post links but pm me n ill find. way to get them to you
they're 100 times stronger than the headshot bullshit
cause your self a weed pen
and just dose some kratom through the day while taking light hits off your pen. I promise you you'll get a lill nice buzz
good luck man I went through the same thing quit perks did kratom then eventually the withdrawals felt so familiar I went back tp perks
I OD'd 7 times in 6 months and I am not stupid they just cut it so unevenly wit fent you can test one side and the other has all of it
there are the opiates we came up it
good luck I hope shit works out ill be watching to see what happens wit you
much love

Tramadol felt a little dirty/ dizzy. Sometimes nasseaus. And now with my epilepsy a no go. Due to its seizure activity.

0-DSMT felt more like i assume a true opioid feels like. I laid down (had to ) enjoying the itching. Totally numbed from any pain, nice duration. It certainly felt different then Kratom. With its energetic nature.To bad I decided not to abuse the 1 Oxyodone script I probably ever will see.

Check out this thread about my theory on kratom tolerance, and a method using NAC to very quickly reduce tolerance faster than simply taking a tolerance break.

Very interested if anyone could try to replicate my experiences with it. Also heed the warning I put in there not to use for long periods or high doses (don't make a habit out of this method).

But it sure as hell works for me. Taking 600mg NAC approximately 3-4 hours AFTER your kratom dose, then waiting ~8-10 hours without taking kratom (the key is to make sure the NAC is mostly out of your system before dosing again), the next dose will feel very strong with a very noticeable tolerance reduction. Brings back that opioid magic within half a day!! With this method, a 10 hour tolerance break gave me a feeling like I had taken a 24-36 hour tolerance break.

The key to this method is timing, because NAC actually will significantly dull the kratom euphoria if you dose kratom while a significant amount of it is still in your system.

Last edited: