• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How long should i wait to take bupe after tramadol/O-Desmethyltramadol?

ComfortablyNumb95

Bluelight Crew
Title is pretty self explanatory. I'm getting off ODSMT and was wondering how long i should wait to avoid precip WDs. Since its half life is about 6 hours, 20-24 hours should be good right?
If anyone has experience even with tramadol do feel free to share, since ODSMT is the metabolite that causes the mu opioid agonism it should be the same (i think)

Im gonna be honest, id avoid bupe if your not already on it. Its only gonna make your wd duration longer. At some point you gotta jump off the cliff and wd, I recommend getting properly prepared and jump as soon as you can without ever taking bupe. 2 weeks of hell is better than 6 weeks of hell.

Im gonna be honest, id avoid bupe if your not already on it. Its only gonna make your wd duration longer. At some point you gotta jump off the cliff and wd, I recommend getting properly prepared and jump as soon as you can without ever taking bupe. 2 weeks of hell is better than 6 weeks of hell.
I plan to take bupe for 3-4 days to ease the ODSMT withdrawals and then stop taking everything. I've done this so many times and it allows me to basically skip the WDs entirely, I feel a bit off for maybe a week after but that's it.

hey if it works it works! (y) Post back and let us know how it goes.

hey if it works it works! (y) Post back and let us know how it goes.
I'm gonna do it in about 12 hours from now... I'm scared of precipitated withdrawals, i always am even though I've never had them, but they shouldn't be an issue at 22/24 hours if the ODSMT has an half life of 6 hours right?

you should be fine man. I never experienced precip wd from bupe over 5 years of doing shit on top of it. I could wake up and take some oxycodone for example and then take sub that evening and be just fine. I cant guarantee youll be fine..but you gotta wd sometime.

you should be fine man. I never experienced precip wd from bupe over 5 years of doing shit on top of it. I could wake up and take some oxycodone for example and then take sub that evening and be just fine. I cant guarantee youll be fine..but you gotta wd sometime.
Yeah man it worked it feels so good to be normal now, i hate hate hate the feeling of withdrawals and mine are super mild due to the length of my habit.
if anyone is in my same situation, i started taking 0.5mg of bupe every hour, 20 hours after my last ODSMT dose (500mg oral) and now after 4 hours i feel fine and ready to sleep

Yeah man it worked it feels so good to be normal now, i hate hate hate the feeling of withdrawals and mine are super mild due to the length of my habit.
if anyone is in my same situation, i started taking 0.5mg of bupe every hour, 20 hours after my last ODSMT dose (500mg oral) and now after 4 hours i feel fine and ready to sleep

I've taken it shortly after taking tramadol. Tramadol doesn't seem to be strong enough to create that PWD effect when you take bupe after it.

That's because your tolerance is so low. You have to be on a strong opiate like heroin or fentanyl to really get into the precipitated withdrawl issue. It can happen with pill s i.e. - oxycodone but you'd have to be taking a large amount.

Oh oxycodone, heroin, oxymorphone, hydromorphone, Demerol, all of them. I was on bupe the entire time and never got precip wd. Ive actually wondered what I had to do to cause them lol.

I have experience taking a lot of bupe and tramadol together, idk if it's different with ODSMT being a more potent mu agonist though. You'll more than likely be fine after 24 hours.

I have experience taking a lot of bupe and tramadol together, idk if it's different with ODSMT being a more potent mu agonist though. You'll more than likely be fine after 24 hours.

Did the tramadol do anything while on bupe? or did you take it before youd had your daily bupe?

Did the tramadol do anything while on bupe? or did you take it before youd had your daily bupe?

It was actually a combo I really enjoyed. The SNRI effects of tramadol on top of bupe are great. Seems to greatly enhance both drugs.

Personally I can get away with taking bupe 16hrs after my last H use with no precip WD. And with tramadol I can take it about 12 hrs after last use but I have no exp with odsmt.

Hope this helps

Personally I can get away with taking bupe 16hrs after my last H use with no precip WD. And with tramadol I can take it about 12 hrs after last use but I have no exp with odsmt.

Hope this helps
Fortunately 20 hours turned out to be enough after a rather large oral dose. Didn't sleep much tonight but now after another 2mg i feel almost 100% just a bit moody and missing that daily opiate kick, which i know will pass

Fortunately 20 hours turned out to be enough after a rather large oral dose. Didn't sleep much tonight but now after another 2mg i feel almost 100% just a bit moody and missing that daily opiate kick, which i know will pass
Yeah for me personally it is always to get that motivation back and need to do anything, that and the depression.

Yeah for me personally it is always to get that motivation back and need to do anything, that and the depression.
Yeah yesterday i spent all day in bed flopping like a fish waiting to take the bupe, so excruciating, but now that i feel 90% i managed to walk for about an hour and am gonna get off my ass to do some more exercise soon. Just feel a bit moody and tired as i said but it's nothing compared to actual WD. Man i NEVER want to feel like that EVER again. I'm done