• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How long have you been using cannabis?

How long have you been a user of cannabis?

• I don't use cannabis

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • 0 - 1 year

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • 2 - 4 years

Votes: 227 36.4%
  • 5 - 9 years

Votes: 194 31.1%
  • 10 - 19 years

Votes: 69 11.1%
  • 20 or more years

Votes: 36 5.8%

• Total voters
Neo Incapacitator said:
Only started recently (2 weeks ago) but have been smoking regularly ever since.

I envy you. You're just starting on the best years of your life. I remember when I 1st started tokin 39 yrs ago....wait a sec, I rescind that statement. I can't remember what I had for dinner, let alone 4 decades ago. 8( 8) :\ =D

Attachments

• lol22pi1.gif
    lol22pi1.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 90
7 years with a couple week or month long breaks in between, the only reason i do take breaks is money :( BUT NOT LATELY :)!

7 years since i tried it, about 5 1/2 since i started doing it regularly. go through periods where i'm smoking several times a day, and other times where i'm smoking maybe once a week. i try to keep my use down enough that it doesn't interfere with functioning according to what my responsibilities are and how much money i have at any given time

5 years (16-21) with my heaviest years being 17-20. even with the cut downs only headies really does it for me in terms of actually being blazed.

i think 5 years now? Hard to say really, i'v never found too much use in keeping track of time. Daily with only a couple very short breaks and i feel fine! Although i have been tempted to take a month break just to see what its like again, but it really doesnt seem like that great of tradeoff :)

So when i meet old heads, and i love older stoners, great stories and experience, I always am curious about how long term use has effected them. So for all you who've smoked for 10+ years, how are you holding up? Would you say it has effected your mental/physical health positively or negatively? How are your lungs? (especially interesting if you dont smoke anything but ganj/hash) And anything else you have observed would be really cool to learn about.

But i probably should start another thread eh?:)

The effect on the lungs is definitely non-negligible, and something to consider. I suffer frequent mild bronchitis, especially in cold weather. I don't feel like my lung capacity has diminished, and I have no difficulty with aerobic exercise like biking, abut my lungs do feel a bit sore from time to time.

When I quit for a year, I was hacking up marijuana-flavored phlegm for a good month and a half afterwards.

Student said:
So when i meet old heads, and i love older stoners, great stories and experience, I always am curious about how long term use has effected them. So for all you who've smoked for 10+ years, how are you holding up? Would you say it has effected your mental/physical health positively or negatively? How are your lungs? (especially interesting if you dont smoke anything but ganj/hash) And anything else you have observed would be really cool to learn about.

It's been 39 years of weed-tokin & 41 years of cig-smoking. I just quit cigs about a month ago, so I wouldn't be a good example of 'how weed-smoking has affected my lungs'.
I never have had any kind of cough or shortness of breath...been very lucky in that aspect. As far as how it's affected my life [career, motivation, ambition, outlook, etc]...it hasn't had any negative effects at all. I worked at a newspaper for 20 years & then got into rental property.
I sold my 1/2 of the rental property business & was retired by age 50 [I'm now 54]. If anything has an adverse effect on a person's life, it's alcohol. I've been so hungover before that I couldn't even get outta bed. I've NEVER had to call into work because of weed, but have had to many a time for booze hangovers.
I think some people get sucked into that old wive's tale about marijuana making 1 unmotivated & left ambitionless [is that a word?=D]. Untrue!! Now you could let it get that way, but a person can get that way from anything...not just weed.
I'll take a stoner anyday over a drunk!! :\

i think 3 years...maybe 4...yea probaly 4 years but only one year of heavy use (currently in heavy usee year lol) im guessing im gunna have at least 35 years in before i even think of quitting weed...does nothing bad to me and when i take breaks i really dont feel that much better than when i am stil smoking

~GH~

since I was 13, although was only once a week for the 1st year. Only really became habitual in the last year, especially once I started uni. IT's the first environment I've lived in where there's no reason not to get high in my room at 12am when I've got nothing on. Although it's getting a little expensive now, mind.

I first smoked herb when I was 15 and now I am 37..Been smoking ever since....

8 years, about half of them with daily (multiple times a day) usage. This past year I'm trying to stop; I only enjoy weed now by myself as it tends to give me ego crushing paranoia.

Sometimes I still smoke when its not a good idea and get paranoid as fuck (i.e. meetings with my PhD supervisor, wake and bakes before important things like teaching, etc...). Don't let people tell you pot isn't addictive :/

14 yrs ago started occasionaly, 10 yrs ago was smokin every day longest iv been without was about two weeks, that was nearly 2 yrs ago. its nearly time 4 me to move somewhere i can grow and cook with it... too much smoking is bad m'kay.

I've been smoking since i turned 13. I think thats about the proper time to introduce yourself to psychoactives, that is if you are able to keep your cool and be responsible.

Out of any substance used for recreational purposes, I'd say weed is the least dangerous. Way less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco.
So I ask, why can people purchase cigs & booze, but not pot?

POLITICIANS AGAINST LEGALIZATION SUPPORT ORGANIZED CRIME

I've smoked cannabis 25 years 8o ! And I will smoke it...

I like cannabis the best, when smoked not too often. The THC content of mine should not grown too high in Percentage. And it would, if I smoke every day. I know that from experience: I smoked a large amount in total when I was younger, and I have to admit that I smoked way too much.

It was just the same, sanity through insanity, with pot like it was/is/ will be regarding every drug I could get my hands on! I have to search at least two extremities, and only after these, I could find my way to do it reasonably enough. Firstly I use a piggy way, then I have a monky refrainment! Afterwards, I could study the uncontrolled and the over-controlled; and after studies, I could possibly live the balance: controlled agreement, after searching

And:

I did search, oh boy, didn't I search!

"Those who search, will find"

Cannabis I'm a long timer, soon the longtimer; never thought about quitting. But after too much, there was period of too little. And now, I just don't smoke from daily basis! If Cannabis will be smoked often, its effects will loose quality; there will appear some unwanted side-effets: super-sensitivity to stress factors and unwanted lethargy...

When younger and in the beginning of my career =D I smoked mostly hashish and way too much, but novadays I smoke only marijuana and not too often.

Last edited:
6 Years now, of which 5 daily... Luckily I'm back to smoking on weekends only since two months now \o/ was pretty easy to do, except the change in lifestyle, but as long as I have something to do Cannabis isn't even on my mind during weekdays :)

One big advantage is that I have a lot more money to buy better weed, most of which is some sort of Haze lately =D