• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long can a person stay awake before they go mad?

D-amphetamine can only keep me going for 48 hours, a couple days of no sleep. I can continue to take tons of it, up to 350mg of mixed salt a day but eventually I just become so tired they can't keep me going. While on the other hand methamphetamine has led me to about a week of sleep deprivation. Meth can keep me going for as long as it lasts.

i expected to hear some story about staying up for a month,no clowns up tonight...
when the gear war near and clear i stayed up for 4 days and 3 night a couple of times, 1st time my homeboy said he came in the house and i was sitting up on the couch with my eyes open and i was snoring and there were post it notes all over the house that said "i need sleep" on them. 2nd time i was chillin with some friends and i couldnt make sense of what they were saying, i said to myself f this im going to sleep,,i thought i had slept when i opened my eyes several hours later although my friends said i had been talking to them during those hours with my eyes closed..3rd time i was sanding a floor for a friend and i looked and saw myself standing in the doorway,then i was looking at myself sanding the floor like i was the me in the doorway,then i saw the me in the doorway shake his head and turn and walk away ,,then the next thing i saw was the sander in my hand sanding the floor like it was before i started tripping ,,so i looked up and my friend was saying HEY HEY ,youre sanding i grove in the floor.. i turned it off and went to bed,,,no more multi day all nighter for me.

Withdrawing from methadone i didn't sleep for 7 nights . I did drift off a couple of times during the day . I would wake up and think that i 'd been asleep for hours and find out it was only 10 mins tops.

I had 4 hours of sleep in 11 days last year due mainly to mephedrone and did quite literally go mad. Got psychosis, Panic disorder, PTSD, and Agrophobia, and was very close to being sectioned.

Yes I know it was incredibly stupid, but after surviving many similar experiences I began to think i was invincible.

Obviously dont do it. And obviously I didnt need to write that.

Luke

that question seems pretty subjective to me. People might say I act pretty fucking insane after one night without sleep and large doses of speed

After 3 days of no sleep I will start hallucinating and become very paranoid. Last time I thought the neighbors were plotting on killing me, I was hearing voices and talking to people who weren't there. I ended up calling the psych ward to come get me. I didn't want to leave the house in fear that they would get me. It was awful. My neighbors now think I'm crazy because I tossed trash in their backyard. I thought it would throw them off.

Haha well my roommates best friend lives next door and is our only neighbor... He's an on again off again coke head but nothing too hardcore... And my roomy knows I tweak... I just gotta keep it outta sight he doesn't like me using in the house :/