• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos How likely is Xanax to be 'impure'?

Imman

Greenlighter
About 8 years I had a script while I was in college. I have been hoarding my last refill like Bilbo was hoarding the ring. I have a quarterly presentation for my work, and I break one pill in half, so I've definitely made them last, but finally, I have run out. I'm pretty sure 10 more would last me the rest of my life, so I don't want to go through the hassle of learning how to order off the dark web or finding a legit (or legit illegit?) online retailer. I'm in SF so I feel like I can throw a rock in any direction and find a dealer, but I have no idea if fentanyl could wind up in a pill? Or something else? People would be very confused, and probably even amused, if I randomly died from a fentanyl overdose. Is there anything I should be worried about? My tolerance is basically 0.

Also, I have a small script for Adderall, and my Dr. was very reluctant to give me that so I know she won't prescribe a benzo.

Well I don't use Xanax but when I've looked on the dnm's there is a clear visual difference between what many are selling - and what I've read here and elsewhere, almost all 'mainstream' pharmaceutical drugs out there are heavily counterfeited and faked with completely different drugs or RCs of a similar nature at best. Xanax being one of those drugs.

Personally I would be very careful trying to source 'legit Xanax'. Certainly test it before consumption.

but I have no idea if fentanyl could wind up in a pill? Or something else? People would be very confused, and probably even amused, if I randomly died from a fentanyl overdose. Is there anything I should be worried about?
To reply to this quote:
Yea, there could be anything in street "xanax" from fent and its analogues to other RC benzos or just plain bunk.
The only way that I know of to aqcuire legitamate alprazolam is to get a prescription from a practicing doctor.
Plenty to be "worried" about if copping xannies without Rx-ed meds.
There is no telling what substance is involved with illicit drug acqisitions, IME.
Be safe and talk to your doctor please.
Welcome to BL and hope this is helpful.
P

Xanax you buy off the street these days rarely contains alprazolam (xanax). It is usually clonazolam, flualprazolam or flubromazolam (none of which are much like xanax at all, instead being much more sedating and zombifying). Very rarely will they contain fentanyl, but it happens on occasion and is very uncommon.

The best case scenario is that you'll get a fake pill that contains etizolam, which is quite similar to alprazolam in terms of effect profile. Second best scenario is that the fake contains bromazolam, which is a bit like alprazolam but more sedating and substantially less enjoyable.

I don't have numbers in front of me, but I think in the current climate, the only reasonable mindset is to assume you're going to buy something counterfeit. The market has become pretty saturated with fake "Xanax Bars" and more recently "Adderall" pills and has been for years now. If you get it from the pharmacy, it's real, barring some kind of pretty crazy conspiracy on the part of the entire staff of said pharmacy. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's not probable.

Thank you all for the help. I'm glad I didn't just buy something off the streets of SF and potentially OD on hepatitis.

For clarification: I actually don't care if it's actual/brand name xanax. I just want (roughly?) the same chemical makeup, and without random other drugs. I'm ok if that's from some sketchy Indian company.

But it sounds like I may need to ask my doctor and potentially jeopardize my already small adderall prescription.

Is there something similar enough to xanax that is less likely to be bunk?

For clarification: I actually don't care if it's actual/brand name xanax. I just want (roughly?) the same chemical makeup, and without random other drugs. I'm ok if that's from some sketchy Indian company.
As @negrogesic said, it’s most likely going to be etizolam, clonazolam, or something like that. These are clinically untested RC benzos which are a bit different from Xanax and far more potent, impairing, and unsafe.

If you are going to order benzos off of the gray/black market, I strongly suggest getting both a Benzodiazepine reagent and fentanyl strips from a site such as this one (I have not tried that site personally and unfortunately cannot vouch for it, but it seems to be legitimate and is only a cost of about $20-30 to ensure your safety and prevent 10-100x+ that in medical bills if things were to go wrong)

Such a kit will allow you to find out which benzodiazepine is in your pills and also ensure that there is zero fentanyl present.

You may also be better off looking for Ativan or Klonopin as these may be less likely to be inauthentic. I have never tried doing so, but that is just a hunch that I have.

If you talk to your dr. I have reason to believe what you are asking for would be prescribed. It's reasonable use for the reason it's often prescribed.

HOWEVER...

I would ask for clonazepam over xanax. It's a superior benzo for what your talking about, and it doesnt have a negative stigma like xanax.

Anyhow, if I was your dr. And you described your situation and asked for 10, .5mg clonazepam, I'd glady prescribe this reasonable request

I don't have numbers in front of me, but I think in the current climate, the only reasonable mindset is to assume you're going to buy something counterfeit. The market has become pretty saturated with fake "Xanax Bars" and more recently "Adderall" pills and has been for years now. If you get it from the pharmacy, it's real, barring some kind of pretty crazy conspiracy on the part of the entire staff of said pharmacy. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's not probable.

I'm pretty sure I was given fake morphine at hospital. Normally 20-30mg id feel a bit warm and fuzzy. I was over 100mg deep when I asked the nurse if I could see the morphine come out of a blister or packaging. At that point I had zero effect from the morphine.

After explaining how this doesn't make any sense beyond being given fake morphine, she called a doctor who didn't even discount the possibility their morphine had been swapped for fake shit. I asked if she could personally get some from another drug room/floor of hospital. She did as she found it concerning and strange herself. Well, 20mg of what she brought me and I could feel opiates running through me.

This is in a regular, legit hospital here in New Zealand. I am still unsure what was going on but I know the 20mg she brought me did more than the 100mg I had been brought previously.

When I broke my leg, the dr. Asked me if the morphine was helping?

He looked peeved when I said "nope, that's paracetamol ".

He fixed that pretty quick and the nurse(who happens to be a close friend) just laughed and said GOOD CALL

They do this shit all the time

As @negrogesic said, it’s most likely going to be etizolam, clonazolam, or something like that. These are clinically untested RC benzos which are a bit different from Xanax and far more potent, impairing, and unsafe.

Actually, etizolam has a long history of medical use and is currently a much-prescribed benzo in some parts of the world. I actually like it better than xanax and it has less potential for dependence with responsible use. That said, etizolam as an RC was pretty much banned everywhere (though they left the far more dangerous ones like flubromazolam alone, for some reason), so I think it is much less likely to be etizolam these days.

There are a lot of Indian pharmaceuticals in circulation. But even unbroken blister packs can be counterfeit these days.

Ultimately, you're most likely to get some other benzo that isn't xanax, but is a benzo, than you are to get fentanyl, but it definitely does happen. And the other benzo is not likely to be as effective and has the chance to be something that will zombify you for quite a few hours.

4 years ago I used to also partake in the SF market, so my knowledge is a bit out of date but likely still applies.

Benzo abuse caused me severe damage but if you can use sparingly and other options fail you then going to the TL can be feasible. It's very likely to get "pressed xannies" which contain benzos other than alprazolam, as mentioned above, like etizolam, flualprazolam or clonozapam, but imo very unlikely to get some that contain another dangerous substance like fentanyl. Although a fentanyl test kit could answer that definitively. Ime pressed xannies hit the spot just fine. Especially in moderate doses.

You could shop around the dealers in the TL and find some that have nice, clean, good-looking xannies. Get some of them and then test a quarter pill to ascertain it is a benzo of appropriate dose to you. Then go from there once you know what kind of stash you have. I'd say you could develop a solid stash like that very easily, likely off your first purchase.

Oh, one trick you can do is to look for football xannies of 1mg or lower. Those are much less likely to be pressed and more likely to contain alprazolam. Also, if you appreciate clonozapam those tend to be real as well

It doesnt matter where you live i think.
Only real alprazolam is in the pharmacies.
In darknet you get some anàlogues benzos like alprazolam but not the real one. I buyed
One time from Dnet and I got a benzo really
Soft. I analized it and it was a RC that I dont
Remember the name but IT was like 10 times softer than alprazolam. You have to get a script of xanax,lorazepam,clonazepam or
Diazepam if you really want to feel similar
To àlprazolam. In Spain there are doctors that prescribe benzos easy and there are others that dont like prescribe benzos like mine. This kind of medication is really addictive and with a very hard WD even you can die. So be careful if you use them. There very good meds for a short term use but you can have cold turkes when you use it daily
Just for 3-4 weeks. This is my own experience. Well I could write more but I think
I said enough.

The best thing to do is to test before use it.
And begin with a little dose iF you have no tolerance.

Peace&Love

I’d say if you found a random dealer who had Xanax in San Fran there’s a 95% chance the bars are fake and some RC benzo bars have upwards of 4 mg of RC or 1-2mg of clonazolam which is an incredibly strong benzo and most people would black out

About 8 years I had a script while I was in college. I have been hoarding my last refill like Bilbo was hoarding the ring. I have a quarterly presentation for my work, and I break one pill in half, so I've definitely made them last, but finally, I have run out. I'm pretty sure 10 more would last me the rest of my life, so I don't want to go through the hassle of learning how to order off the dark web or finding a legit (or legit illegit?) online retailer. I'm in SF so I feel like I can throw a rock in any direction and find a dealer, but I have no idea if fentanyl could wind up in a pill? Or something else? People would be very confused, and probably even amused, if I randomly died from a fentanyl overdose. Is there anything I should be worried about? My tolerance is basically 0.

Also, I have a small script for Adderall, and my Dr. was very reluctant to give me that so I know she won't prescribe a benzo.
Anybody can go see any doctor and get a small script of benzos simply by saying I have an upcoming flight and Im terrified,a connecting flights even better and you’ll walk out with 10 valiums or Xanax whatever you ask for,asking for more and you’ll probably get nothing so don’t push it…

to answer thread title I would say that a street xanax has the 0 % at being legit.
just my opinion

looking down the road, are these fakes going to make it into our pharmacies at some point? This really scares the shit out of me.

I don't see how the pharma supply would become fake, I don't think you need to worry about that. But yeah, it's a bad situation.

There are many, many legally available RC benzos that are safe (as far as benzos are safe... well flubromazolam actually carries an overdose risk, but the rest aren't going to kill you), they just aren't what they're claiming to be. As far as benzos go, alprazolam is actually more dangerous than many of the RC benzos. The real problem, though, is that fentanyl and fentanyl analogues make it into just about every street drug, including some fake benzo presses. And those very certainly can kill you, especially without tolerance.

It is indeed a very bad situation.

Pressed pills are easy to spot for the most part. Although I had a friend recently die from ingesting a fake Xanax, it was a rough month last month. I don’t use opiates but I keep a narcan nose spray handy for that reason, unfortunately he was at home alone and he was found too late. Just be very careful out there especially in a big city, I’m in a very rural area so it can happen anywhere.