• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How important do you think sex is?

Drugs>Sex>Art(visual/audio)
If sex is available, I will be moved to not engage in it if condom usage is deemed mandatory by the chick. That takes away greatly from the experience (the spiritual connection) and is quite unnatural, given the act. Additionally, any type of condom I've tried to use in the past has given me severe allergic reactions that make my dilly painfully swell, *deflesh*(the worst part), then dry, and flake, which resulted in an iguana-like appearance for at least 2 weeks.

A little bit off topic but this stood out to me because I am allergic to latex so most condoms are out for me. I'll get a rash and it's itchy and sex ends up being soo painful for me. Luckily we found this out early on and I found non-latex condoms. Have you tried others? This one seems to work find for me: http://pics1.ds-static.com/prodimg/211001/300.JPG My boyfriend seems fine with them too. There are a couple different types of condoms, hopefully you find something that works for you.

A little bit off topic but this stood out to me because I am allergic to latex so most condoms are out for me. I'll get a rash and it's itchy and sex ends up being soo painful for me. Luckily we found this out early on and I found non-latex condoms. Have you tried others? This one seems to work find for me: http://pics1.ds-static.com/prodimg/211001/300.JPG My boyfriend seems fine with them too. There are a couple different types of condoms, hopefully you find something that works for you.
Yes, I've tried those. I first discovered my latex allergy prior my sexual prowess at the dentist after my face and mouth swelled and flared after the dentist's usage of latex gloves. Knowing this, I used polyeurythane condoms, then lamb skin (NaturalLamb is the brand iirc). Somehow, over time, I began to get allergic reactions to non-rubber condoms as well. Then I concluded that I, along with all my partners, will just get tested and use oral contraceptives instead. You make your boyfriend use condoms?? That sucks imo. Kinda defeats a major purpose of being in a relationship imo.

Basic human need for sure but not for many. It can't be healthy to not enjoy such n awesome free pleasure

Well, according to my point of view, sex is nothing but it is a part of our life. Without sexual activity, your life is boring. If you have never done sex with your partner, I assure you that you have not enjoyed your life. Sex is a mandatory part of a happy life routine.

You make your boyfriend use condoms?? That sucks imo. Kinda defeats a major purpose of being in a relationship imo.

Not using a condom isn't a reason to be in a relationship x_x
This may explain your lack of relationship ???

^^ May not be a reason for a relationship but it's certainly a major benefit of being in one.

In 'life', it's of the utmost importance, I'd have to argue. But that's obvious.

I tend to think everything is geared with 'sex' in heart. Or I guess I'd challenge that.

In 'life', it's of the utmost importance, I'd have to argue. But that's obvious.

If by life you mean the essential, most basic, and seemingly only evolutionary "purpose" of an organism's existence, then yes, and that's obvious.

A notable exception would be organisms that do not require sexual reproduction for the proliferation of its species (via evolved processes such as parthenogenesis, bacterial conjugation, vegetative propagation, agamogenesis, fragmentation, sporogenesis, nucellar embryony, etc.)

But I'd surmise any person even vaguely familiar with biology 101 knows that reproduction—in whatever form; sexually or not—is vitally necessary for a species' survival and continuation. However, necessity and importance are not synonymous. To argue that sex (for homo sapiens, say) is a necessity is an incontrovertible argument that's corroborated by biology and other sciences, their data, and, though I hate the term, common sense.

But importance is a matter of priority, not necessity. If the continuation of a species is not its priority, then its continuation is of necessity but of no importance.

Importance is subjective and necessity is not. If you think X is unimportant for Y, than it is. But thinking X is unnecessary for Y has no bearing on X's necessity for Y.

Therefore, sex is only of "utmost importance" if you believe it is of "utmost importance" to reproduce and continue our species.

I tend to think everything is geared with 'sex' in heart. Or I guess I'd challenge that.

You don't have to challenge it, as I'm willing and presumably better able to challenge it for you.

If everything means every living thing or every organism, this erroneous notion or “thought“ is only true insofar as one ignores the thousands of species of life that do not sexually reproduce (and therefore cannot possibly have "sex in their hearts"; some don't even have hearts), pretend the >5% of asexual (or nonsexual or sexually-disinterested) people and other animals in the overall population don't exist, and overlook the willfully celibate or chaste individuals who abstain from sex or thoughts of sex for the duration of their lives for spiritual reasons (like monks, say).

So then, with well over half of the animal kingdom excluded, your idea goes from completely wrong to mostly wrong.

And I hadn't a clue sex was in one's heart, anyway. I always thought that if sex had a provenance, it would be the pudenda or my penis. At least that's where the tingling and tumescence I experience upon the sight of a titillating zaftig girl comes from. Though there's an accompanying mild tachycardia, the phallus seems most salient both in terms of symptomology and physicality (i.e., the imposing and impressive protuberance that even Priapus would envy. Ha! ).

^^ May not be a reason for a relationship but it's certainly a major benefit of being in one.

Not using condoms and being in a relationship are not mutually exclusive.

Condoms = not getting pregnant
If you don't want to get pregnant while you're in a relationship, use a condom.

Bringing fun to a lot people, money to some, keeping marriages safe and ensuring the reproduction of mankind and ensuring we won't extinct seams pretty important to me.

Not using a condom isn't a reason to be in a relationship x_x
This may explain your lack of relationship ???
Yea, may not be *YOUR* reason.
I don't really care too much for relationships as I do relations. But then again, that's not really important to me either.

Nom de Plume, I was really geared toward humans with my answer. I was not trying to get complex, but I understand why one could (I began to, in thought, but stopped). I understand that some life reproduces some other way. The 'heart' that I mention, is at least a good part metaphor.

And the beginning of the life of the monk, or other chaste person, began with an act of sex. It is still extremely important to them, even if it was only that from which they were conceived. Without it they wouldn't be. I guess, though, somewhere down the line, those life-forms in our ancestral line might have had some other form of reproduction.

Thank you for keeping things honest.

Last edited:
Having not been involved in a sexual relationship for most of the time since I've become disabled (over a decade), I can tell you that at least from my perspective sex is an extremely important part of life. The absence of sex has been a major cause of adversity in it's own right (in addition to the health problems of the disability itself, and the financial struggles), and having a lot of good sex is an important priority as I empower myself now and into the future.
I used to take sex for granted, but even so, had a pretty full sex life that stopped abruptly.

not that important tbh

obviously for reproduction yes (which shouldn't count) but there's other activities i'd rather do

If your in a relationship then it's absolutely essential. As a man though. When I'm single sex is pretty important for me as different people bring different things to the bedroom. Sometimes I want to fuck, sometimes I wanna be Fucked, sometimes it's kinky or passionate that I want.

I'm partnered atm & enjoy pretty awesome sex most of the time and sex is part of the whole package

Not using condoms and being in a relationship are not mutually exclusive.

Condoms = not getting pregnant
If you don't want to get pregnant while you're in a relationship, use a condom.

Condoms = disease prevention. There are many other products to be used for not getting pregnant.

It seems to get less important with age. Spending time together and good conversations become more important as well kissing & cuddling