• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How Has Cannabis Helped You?

Cannabis helps me stay home when I have moments of panic. When fight or flight mode kicks in, it calms me down and brings me back down to ground level. Pretty sure I would have up'ed and floated on out of here if it weren't for this plant. In many ways, it has saved me time and time again.

Mari mari quite contrary let me count the ways
when your here you be so dear and help me through my day
yet when your gone I sing my song and feel the woe of loss
yet know that you'll forever flow through fields as green as moss.

-there, a cheezy poem by me. (save the first line of course)
seems I got off topic according to a moderator by asking a question not pertaining to this thread, though it was about weed. Anyway, all good. Hope everyone's 4:20 goes well.
Both of my plants turned into males so it be a sad time here for now. But soon, ah yes, but soon... happy days again.

My relationship with weed before and after 25 is so different. It has to do with age and growing up too, obviously, but at 25 I was diagnosed with crohn's disease, albeit a mild form compared to some others I read out there. Before then, I just smoked for fun. Getting high, listening to music, watching movies, going to town on munchies, etc etc. Only smoked occasionally, so every time, it was truly getting stoned, which was fun.

After I got crohn's, I went on all these different meds, each with their own side effects. Also, if you ever get a flare up or "attack" as I like to call it, it's unbearable. You'd need to go to the ER to get morphine. I was living in Washington state at the time, and they had a very strict medical MJ program (much much stricter than Cali's, although it's straight up legal now in WA), but I read about it, and it was prescribed for like 4 conditions, most of them being serious stuff like cancer, but also crohn's. I can't even remember the first time I smoked when getting a flare up or attack. And it's not as effective as morphine, obviously. But it truly dulls the pain, I think by relaxing abdominal muscles, which cramp up during a flare up, kills nausea, which is terrible during an attack, and basically allows you to rest, sleep, and regain your appetite. It was like tailor made for crohn's disease. This is when weed to me stopped being just a fun thing to do. It has so many life applications that I'm like a total cannabis endorser/promoter to everyone I know now.

So now I smoke pretty much daily. I also have always had trouble sleeping, so obviously this helps a bunch. I do like that it's introspective, even when I get "negative" thoughts because that's just me confronting issues, which is good imo. Weed's helped me bond with friends and family.

The only potential negative is that I do feel psychologically dependent on it. But then again I'm a very specific type of smoker. Though I smoke pretty much daily, it's a routine for me, usually an hour before bed or so when I wind down, and then for the very rare crohn's attacks. Going back to crohn's, I read this study they did in the UK where they found that weed reduces inflammation. I have no idea if this is true, but since I was diagnosed and started toking daily, I live pretty much in remission.

bysde,

Thanks for sharing and i'm happy to hear your living in remission. I have heard and read that Crohn's can be a most painful condition and I can't imagine dealing with nausea on top of it in a full on attack. Yikes. And I know how great weed is at tempering nausea, so great... and yes, agree with while morphine truly helps dull pain, it comes with a price and weed is by far more benign, though not quite as effective, still, helps considerably. I am really happy to hear your doing better now. Right flippin on.

hey, thanks again for sharing man.

I didn't start smoking until later in life, but cannabis really helped me to relax and come out of my shell with my current group of friends. I've always been someone who tended to be a bit shy in social situations, but I found that smoking with a good group of friends once a week really helped to open the door to a lot of great conversations and memories. It's definitely something I was glad found its way into my life!

Side note - related and thoughts appreciated:

We've been working for quite some time with a small group of people doing research on the varying degrees of the drug lifestyles across the internet and more specifically the recovery methods people are using today to maintain a healthy self long-term. Our end goal is to use the research we gather to build a community that encourages safe drug use and provides information on how to maintain a healthy body/mind long-term.

We're currently conducting a survey on cannabis use, which can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R76DKXR

It’s anonymous and will take less than 3 minutes to complete. We're beyond thankful to anyone who takes a moment to share their thoughts via the survey. Thanks again for your time and we looking forward to using the data to give back to communities like this one! :)

^Start another thread if you want to discuss a different topic.

Hey trypt,

Hope your well. Just wondering though, it was about weed, so how was it so very different that it needed another thread?

Fair enough.

After weeks without, family visits, ventures across the lands without my beloved plant, I am finally home again and with. Rejoicing now with a morning bagel/deli mix and enjoying the day.
It never ceases to amaze me how incredible this miracle plant is. Strange it is how some people have such a stigma over it still; but I attribute this to lack of knowledge or personal experience.
Sure, it's not for everyone. Some folks just don't like the effect. Well not me. Couldn't imagine my life without it and its medicinal results from pain management to nausea control. Immediate action and no one likes getting sick.
Anyway, might be off topic so i'll end this thread.
Hope everyone is well. take care folks and thanks for sharing

Helps me fall asleep every night

Is the absolute best therapy when facing a tough situation (allows me to really step back and think about things without so much emotion involved)

Something to look forward to at the end of a shitty day at work

How I met my girlfriend of two years!! :)
(and how I survived the notebook when she made me watch it with her ;) )

ah, weed really is fucking great.

oh the wonders of cannabis, how i
could never truly enumerate them all;
how it alleviates my pain, my
mental anguish, my anxiety melts
and becomes replaced, wholly new
with a dampered substitute;
though inspiration comes naturally,
this magic plant assists, greatly.

everything is just relative, but on cannabis,
everything is just wonderful ...

... yay.

cannabis was a spark that ignited a full throttle spiritual journey involving my psyche/soul, and what i truly represent and stand for as a human being.

As bob said, 'cannabis reveals yourself to you.'

as a young adult now,i feel much more grounded. there were turbulent years during high school, but it was just me discovering my place in this often misleading and confusing world.

Memories of driving down a dirt road, dark sticky stuff on my fingers sticking to the steering wheel,
the trees in the distance looking like massive buds that need to be trimmed

I rest in a deep sigh knowing the medicine for the Year is home and with this I drive..

old memory. 4:20 came early today.
yes, counting the ways.

One day super markets will sell 'green' butter again
to reach those unreachable
and the world will slowly begin to remember

anyone else?

Last edited:
There are a number of ways Weed has helped me.
Music takes on a different dimension.
LoveMaking is stretched out with a couple of bowls.
I have Chronic Pain from Shingles Attack, a year ago.
Night time is the worst time for pain.
Smoking couple bowls of Bubba, helps me to relax, and take me to dream land.
The less Vicodins I take at night, the better!

I was moved by the poster who stated "Thank you God for this gift". Such is the magnitude of this medicine. I love you, Mary ;)

Last edited:
It helps in a number of ways, for one it helps with digestive discomfort, nausea and that sort of thing as well as other physical pain like muscle cramps, headaces and such. As well as those monthly cramps I get due to being female, ibuprofen and such doesn't do anything hardly for that but cannabis helps immensely. It also helps with my ptsd, depression and anxiety disorders and suicidal ideation or thoughts of attempting that comes with all that at times....though if it gets bad enough then even cannabis isn't enough to bring me out of it. It also can help me sleep and just generally relax its very hard to relax on my own I mean I can like be inactive and try to relax because I am tired and need to but even then I'm all tense at least physically if not mentally but the cannabis rids me of that. It also helps me with socializing, like with people I don't know to well since unless I know someone well its really hard to comfortably interact if that makes any sense, even if I want to but if I smoke with people then its not such an issue and I get to know people somewhat a bit quicker.

Also I really enjoy the high, it actually helps me focus on things like a lot of times its hard for me to focus on just one movie even if its not a very long or hard to follow one, but when I'm stoned I can get more into it and enjoy it more also sort of helps me get things done like its easier to organize things and clean if I've smoked and I seem able to do it more effectively seems to make mundane tasks more entertaining.

Last edited:
This will sound like a very hippie-thing to say, but I just love mixing cannabis with a hike in nature. It's like the perfect 'day off' for me.
It helps me appreciate the sounds and smells of the woods. Afterwards I feel peaceful and rested.
Going on a hike sober just isn't the same for me.

It helps me shift the time I sleep a bit (I probably have DSPD). It makes it a bit harder to get up on a morning but it's better than not sleeping at all because of early morning crap and having bad halucinations, I would have failed college ages ago if not for weed. It's also great for migranes.
It is the only thing that helps my migraines, it is known as 'hebal remedy' round here. Other than that it has helped me meet lots of open minded people who are generally unbound by convention and prepared to think for themselves (I can't always vouch for WHAT they think but at least they do generally think).
Wags Greyhounder

Levels me out and gets me interested in things again. Also helps with this chronic neck and back pain. I'm dull, dull, dull on my psyche meds alone.

Thank you for sharing everyone. Yes, this plant is truly some amazing gift of the Globe and I am thrilled with the respects it is re gaining. I have great hope this will continue.

Meanwhile, any more stories folks?

Ubiquitous Weed all round