• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How Has Cannabis Helped You?

Ubi

Bluelighter
I figure it deserves a thread where we can count the ways this plant has helped us.

Ah, the great weed, let me count the ways it has saved my days, from calming a storm, to settling the belly, to letting me know those mountains are really molehills.

and you?

Ode to Weed.........:)
what has it done for you lately?

Immediate relief from stomach and/or large intestine related pain (which I have on an almost daily basis but I only use weed for it when its at its worst)

Helps me fall asleep

It makes me able to relax in a way that I just cant seem to achieve without it

The thought of vaping in the afternoon helps me get through the day

Immediate relief from the onset of acute depression

oh and also, vaping that shit makes me high!

shifts the filter
broadens perspective
facilitates introspection

Yup, ah The Great Weed.
When those drums start pounding and the heart rages, a simple toke and all is well again.

Thanks for the replies.

anyone else? I know there are many closet toker's. Care to share how weed has helped you?
discuss.

Salutations Ubi,

...a thread where we can count the ways this plant has helped us.

Personally i'd also suggest that a thread should be created for those who think cannabis was a gift they were lucky to get.

=D

lol at The Great Weed.
Its fun, but the most important thing that I learned from it is that drugs can make you okay with not doing anything. If you use it as a way to escape boredom, then you will eventually get bored of it and then your life will be empty because you spent all your time smoking the boredom away instead of acquiring skills that will help you in life, or at least teach you how to entertain yourself. It taught me that drugs should be used as a life enhancer, not a life replacement. By "it" I don't mean I had profound revelations or anything while high, I'm talking about my overall experiences and contemplation about my drug use (weed and others) while sober.

The social treatment of weed has been the biggest lesson of all, larger then any I received from smoking it itself. That being said, it's effective in treating my anxiety, depression, ADHD, and stomach pain. It also adds a wonderful little ritual to my day.

It helps me with bipolar disorder and makes me less likely to use other drugs or drink the more I smoke.

Depression and suicide.
9th grade I lit up for the first time when i was at the end of my rope.
I still struggle with both to this day but ill tell you right now that back then i would have opted out early if it wasn't for good ol' Mary.

Thank you Pot.

Ah Mary mary, indeed we love her so and by what I've read, this bodes well all round the ol Globe we call home.

Great to read the posts and yes indeed, a friend with weed is a friend indeed. tee hee.

Seeds to the World!

Cannabis has helped me with my anxiety, and my ability to sleep, I use it every day.

I dislike Cannabis because it makes me very unmotivated, but I have sooooo many ideas for clothing, and drawings, tattoos, paintings... ugh... but I guess other drug addiction adds to that as well .__.

~Ms.P

It helps me...

relax
sleep
not give a fuck
give a fuck when I'm fucking
enjoy life more
by lifting my spirits

The single greatest benefit I have received from weed has been increased introspection. Some of my worst experiences with pot have also been the best, as I was forced to see something within myself that I did not particularly like. In exposing a thing, you can quantify it and start making decisions to correct it. Cannabis has a special way of opening the subconscious mind for inspection, but it's not always pleasant.

It helps me...

relax
sleep
not give a fuck
give a fuck when I'm fucking
enjoy life more
by lifting my spirits

I feel, when I quit I notice that I care too much if that makes sense... I like to have that casual indifference that a steady grass-smoking habit gives me... lol

Although that can make me a little too self-absorbed and detached, which is why I'm contemplating quitting.

I feel, when I quit I notice that I care too much if that makes sense...
Yes. Even when I'm occupied (making quitting easier) I still find myself occasionally doing this.

I like to have that casual indifference that a steady grass-smoking habit gives me... lol
Me too.

Although that can make me a little too self-absorbed and detached, which is why I'm contemplating quitting.
Taking a break helps with perspective.