• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How Has Cannabis Helped You?

Cannabis provides me great insights and amazing realizations when I'm high. During the last few months I've been a nearly everyday smoker and I feel my life has improved greatly, I see the world differently. It helped me amazingly (along with CBT) with my social anxiety. Incredible. While I find weed amazing, I respect it and don't forget it's a psychedelic, so I decided to stop with the abuse (I always get very high, so I consider it abuse for me) because even though I feel better in several ways, a few things changed. I don't feel depressed, but I can describe I feel empty, dull. I look at my eyes in the mirror and see nothing. Might seem contradictory, I know, but that's how I feel. I believe I can't forget that THC is a powerful chemical that affects several areas of the brain, and I do believe daily smoking will cause some brain changes (not that those are bad - I've had some good ones and bad ones, that I cited above).

So, I'm giving it a break, will take some time just to relax and may be feel full again, while I can keep all the insights weed provided me that changed the way I see the world.

Well good on you. Moderation right? Interesting with the 'dull and empty' feeling you sometimes got when gazing into mirrors but sounds like the pro's greatly outweighed the con's. Find myself hoping your able to grow your own so you know exactly what's going into it, that, or know someone you trust with the green thumb.
thanks for sharing
wish you well neuro..

I always had an excitable gut. I get excited, my gut gets tense, uncomfortable. MJ calms my gut.
I agree with the shifting of personality. I don't like my straight personality as much as I do my stoned personality. Stoned is less uptight, less worry about things you should not worry about. As you folks down under say, No Worries Mate, after a toke.

Thanks for the kind words Ubi. Yeah, moderation. I learned a lesson from this. On a side note, i think its very nice you seem interestd in other peoples replies on this thread, thats cool. Peace dude

Last edited:
Cannabis used to provide me with a lot - mostly almost everything everyone else has said here. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me anymore. Too much anxiety and paranoia...

But the ONE thing I could say that cannabis did to truly help me and improve my life... was with music. I started playing guitar about a year or 2 after starting to smoke. I picked the guitar up SO fast, and noticed that most of the time I would learn things very easily and was able to play much more creatively after smoking. Of course there are those ignorant never-touched-a-joint-in-their-life-non-smokers who claim "that's all bullshit, you just THINK you're better". Bullshit.

Learning to appreciate music more, being able to hear some details and pick up subtleties... and learning the guitar no doubt (I taught myself).

Last edited:
Well you just keep playing those tunes man; music helps heal the World and any good we can offer goes out there like a ripple effect soothing our souls or offering jolts, depending on what you play.

interesting about the overwhelming anxiety and paranoia to which you refer; makes me wonder if it's the strain? But hey, whatever works for you right.

play on guitar man
keep it real and thanks for sharing

Well you just keep playing those tunes man; music helps heal the World and any good we can offer goes out there like a ripple effect soothing our souls or offering jolts, depending on what you play.

interesting about the overwhelming anxiety and paranoia to which you refer; makes me wonder if it's the strain? But hey, whatever works for you right.

play on guitar man
keep it real and thanks for sharing

Thanks dude, I will def keep playing. Music is an amazing outlet.

It's def not the strain, or if it is, then it is most strains, because the anxiety and paranoia started years ago for no reason and would always occur when smoking probably about 90% of the time. I've always wondered why myself though. I thought maybe it could be because I subconsciously relate it to negative people/places/things/events that occurred in the past connected to smoking that my subconscious was never able to get over - especially my parents hating how I did it everyday and always gave me a hard time and made me paranoid for example. Like maybe that paranoia was just hammered into me. But I don't know really know. It just doesn't help me anymore the way it used to unless I do it very sporadically in the right situation with the right intent and keep the dose very low.

When I smoke these days, unless I've been drinking or whatever, I will start over-analyzing everything in my life, in a totally negative way. I will immediately start thinking of things I said to people at work earlier in the day that suddenly now while high didn't seem like a good idea, like worrying they think I'm weird for saying it - just anything, so random, that while sober I could care less about... I'll start overthinking where I am in life, how I should be doing better, and worrying about what others think of me. It brings my insecurities up to the max and makes my self-esteem feel so low underground that it actually makes it all the way to hell at times. It brings out my worst qualities about myself and makes me utterly aware of them. But it's not like tripping on psychedelics (which I really enjoy) where I can look at it rationally and work my way through it; it's just uncontrollable delusional paranoia and anxiety :p

Sorry, I know this thread was supposed to be about how cannabis has HELPED us lol. Well actually I guess it did, first with music definitely like I said before for sure, and then now... how cannabis seems to make me HARSHLY aware of my own insecurities and even more aware of how my subconscious really acts... I just can't use cannabis to learn to fix it though, that part I guess I'm on my own - it showed me the problem and then told me to fuck off and go fix it basically. One small related thing that Ayahuasca taught me (besides ultimate divinity and connectedness to the All) was to not rely on drugs like cannabis or opiates anymore on a regular basis... and I think Iboga is next on my list to finally reset my brain and hopefully be reborn as a new person with my issues addressed through the experience. This whole realization really began with pot. So while pot hurts me now, ultimately, in a way, I guess it will have helped... weird.

Hope that makes sense :?

Thanks dude, I will def keep playing. Music is an amazing outlet.

It's def not the strain, or if it is, then it is most strains, because the anxiety and paranoia started years ago for no reason and would always occur when smoking probably about 90% of the time. I've always wondered why myself though. I thought maybe it could be because I subconsciously relate it to negative people/places/things/events that occurred in the past connected to smoking that my subconscious was never able to get over - especially my parents hating how I did it everyday and always gave me a hard time and made me paranoid for example. Like maybe that paranoia was just hammered into me. But I don't know really know. It just doesn't help me anymore the way it used to unless I do it very sporadically in the right situation with the right intent and keep the dose very low.

When I smoke these days, unless I've been drinking or whatever, I will start over-analyzing everything in my life, in a totally negative way. I will immediately start thinking of things I said to people at work earlier in the day that suddenly now while high didn't seem like a good idea, like worrying they think I'm weird for saying it - just anything, so random, that while sober I could care less about... I'll start overthinking where I am in life, how I should be doing better, and worrying about what others think of me. It brings my insecurities up to the max and makes my self-esteem feel so low underground that it actually makes it all the way to hell at times. It brings out my worst qualities about myself and makes me utterly aware of them. But it's not like tripping on psychedelics (which I really enjoy) where I can look at it rationally and work my way through it; it's just uncontrollable delusional paranoia and anxiety :p

Sorry, I know this thread was supposed to be about how cannabis has HELPED us lol. Well actually I guess it did, first with music definitely like I said before for sure, and then now... how cannabis seems to make me HARSHLY aware of my own insecurities and even more aware of how my subconscious really acts... I just can't use cannabis to learn to fix it though, that part I guess I'm on my own - it showed me the problem and then told me to fuck off and go fix it basically. One small related thing that Ayahuasca taught me (besides ultimate divinity and connectedness to the All) was to not rely on drugs like cannabis or opiates anymore on a regular basis... and I think Iboga is next on my list to finally reset my brain and hopefully be reborn as a new person with my issues addressed through the experience. This whole realization really began with pot. So while pot hurts me now, ultimately, in a way, I guess it will have helped... weird.

Hope that makes sense :?

Good sense.. Your line "it showed me the problem and then told me to fuck off and go fix it" gave me good giggles man.

your journey sounds like your learning much and is happening the way it ought to. There was a time and place for it (ol mari), you learned of it, from it and now have moved on towards other insightful 'ways'

Good on you.
Ya, if it made me feel all harshly insecure, I would not be the daily toker I surely do be.
think it's great you shared some of the cons many people often feel with it.. I know my sister can't toke; she experiences weirdness. I know I only toke in the woods or at home; rarely in Cities or around many other people. Almost like I be picking up on their vibes like some extra sensy spider and they screw with my web.

hey, may you find what you are seeking; sounds like in many ways, you are already there guitar man....
music all round

ubi

Helps with my anxiety, helps me get up in the morning and to be more productive. Without weed I'd be one depressed Lady.

For me personally, it helps a lot with....

-Insomnia
-Back pain/joint pain/all around muscle pain
-Anxiety
-Depression
-Boredom

Also when I first started smoking weed, I went from being a social outcast with zero friends whatsoever to all of a sudden having a MASSIVE network of people to chill with over this mutual thing we all enjoyed. I still love cannabis, bout to spark a bowl now :) but I don't smoke before school or work these days as it makes me a bit spacey and antisocial in those environments...

Today especially 'The Great Weed' came in mighty handy for me. I have anger management issues sometimes to the point that I become a version of myself that is simply unfair to put anyone through; nor is it good for my heart.

I am always so impressed at how one little toke calms and soothes me back down to Earth and takes the red away and returns my skies to blue. I truly hope that in our lifetime, this amazing plant is returned to place of a great Global respect

'Return of the Weed', if you will.

IB Profane, you right about the 'time and place' scenario. Yup, can make one spacey if their heart rate is normal. thanks for sharing.
have a great day

Cannabis puts me more in the moment, more in my shoes and body. I'm a cerebral person, so it almost feels like a polar reality when i'm stoned especially on indicas.

Today especially 'The Great Weed' came in mighty handy for me. I have anger management issues sometimes to the point that I become a version of myself that is simply unfair to put anyone through; nor is it good for my heart.

I am always so impressed at how one little toke calms and soothes me back down to Earth and takes the red away and returns my skies to blue. I truly hope that in our lifetime, this amazing plant is returned to place of a great Global respect

'Return of the Weed', if you will.

IB Profane, you right about the 'time and place' scenario. Yup, can make one spacey if their heart rate is normal. thanks for sharing.
have a great day

Jealous! Lol I miss that feeling... if weed was the same for me and helped me like it does you, I probably never would've started using opiates on a regular basis. Power to ya

Jealous! Lol I miss that feeling... if weed was the same for me and helped me like it does you, I probably never would've started using opiates on a regular basis. Power to ya

I feel for you 'whiteroom' and can only offer some honesty. I too have opiates around; prescription but still, around. I battled it out for years with those little tablets and have found that over the past decade, by increasing the 'Mari', the Opiates have taken a back seat. I can only hope that you find a way to balance things; perhaps you've already found it? Balance?
I damaged my kidneys a little. I hope you don't do the same. Suggest loads of cranberry's and blueberries to counter some of the negative effects of prolonged usage and if you can, find a strain of mari that works for you. Their out there and hey, if need be, if you can safely, grow your own and perhaps one day, even try some alternative relaxation techniques like sitting in a quiet space, breathing deep and emptying your mind to reach a level of meditation.
I'm the worst at it but even few minutes a day does truly help my anger issues. More so than the anxiety's associated with prolonged opiate usage.
best wishes good person.

I never had many friends in elementary school. I found myself an outcast in middleschool, and subject to all kinds of verbal abuse. These experiences, I believe, scarred me, warped my mind, turned me hard, cold, bitter, psychotic, and blinded by an intense hatred/distrust of humanity. It seemed by high school, my only resolve in life was to inflict pain and suffering upon all I encountered.
Mary Jane changed everything for me. She made me realize that the only person I was really hurting was myself. I still don't trust people that much, but I've learned to cope by keeping them at arms length.

Before I started smoking I didn't really question why marijuana was criminalized. Even while smoking, I didn't really think about it much....that is, until my mother caught me smoking. Naturally, this set off a spark of rebellion inside me, and made me want to smoke even more. And the more I did it, the better it felt to get high. My newfound "vice" exposed me to the underground drug culture community college. I met all sorts of interesting characters: stoners, liberal arts students/professors, chain smokers, drug dealers, addicts, lowlifes, and even fellow high-strung business/technology majors. It was a real eye-opener for me; it made me realize I wasn't the only social outcast on the planet. Turns out, many of these "losers" had been pushed around by "the man" much the same way.

I no longer hate humanity as a whole, and though my faith in humanity sometimes wavers, I ultimately blame "the system" for making otherwise innocent people into mindless monsters. Finally, I began to question the government's "War on Drugs." It seemed, hollow, fake, and corrupt. So I decided to do some research. Lo and behold, I soon discovered to truth:
Criminalization was never about keeping drugs off the street and out of hands of minors. It was simply a means to protect industries from competition. The US government has been making shady deals with some of Latin Americas most notorious drug cartels for years now. As if to add further insult to injury, I now know that marijuana is criminalized because big industries like tobacco, lumber, and petroleum felt threatened by the potential for industrial hemp. That's right, folks, marijuana is illegal because Uncle Scam cares more about big industry than the health and well-being of the people.
I'm sure most of you here know all about the whole "Reefer Madness" craze, and how the government went out of its way to promote racist propaganda claiming that "Black men smoke marijuana because it makes them think they are as good as a white man."
That last bit alone is enough reason for me personally to keep smoking. Every time I light up, I like to imagine I'm taking a shit all over that bigoted white bastard who had the nerve to write that racist bullshit. Just imagining that makes my high feel all the more satisfying!

So in conclusion, I would like to give thanks and praise unto our Lady Mary Jane for lifting the misguided hatred from my soul, and showing me who to true enemy is....
Blaze it and Praise it....Fuck the System!

I never had many friends in elementary school. I found myself an outcast in middleschool, and subject to all kinds of verbal abuse. These experiences, I believe, scarred me, warped my mind, turned me hard, cold, bitter, psychotic, and blinded by an intense hatred/distrust of humanity. It seemed by high school, my only resolve in life was to inflict pain and suffering upon all I encountered.
Mary Jane changed everything for me. She made me realize that the only person I was really hurting was myself. I still don't trust people that much, but I've learned to cope by keeping them at arms length.

Before I started smoking I didn't really question why marijuana was criminalized. Even while smoking, I didn't really think about it much....that is, until my mother caught me smoking. Naturally, this set off a spark of rebellion inside me, and made me want to smoke even more. And the more I did it, the better it felt to get high. My newfound "vice" exposed me to the underground drug culture community college. I met all sorts of interesting characters: stoners, liberal arts students/professors, chain smokers, drug dealers, addicts, lowlifes, and even fellow high-strung business/technology majors. It was a real eye-opener for me; it made me realize I wasn't the only social outcast on the planet. Turns out, many of these "losers" had been pushed around by "the man" much the same way.

I no longer hate humanity as a whole, and though my faith in humanity sometimes wavers, I ultimately blame "the system" for making otherwise innocent people into mindless monsters. Finally, I began to question the government's "War on Drugs." It seemed, hollow, fake, and corrupt. So I decided to do some research. Lo and behold, I soon discovered to truth:
Criminalization was never about keeping drugs off the street and out of hands of minors. It was simply a means to protect industries from competition. The US government has been making shady deals with some of Latin Americas most notorious drug cartels for years now. As if to add further insult to injury, I now know that marijuana is criminalized because big industries like tobacco, lumber, and petroleum felt threatened by the potential for industrial hemp. That's right, folks, marijuana is illegal because Uncle Scam cares more about big industry than the health and well-being of the people.
I'm sure most of you here know all about the whole "Reefer Madness" craze, and how the government went out of its way to promote racist propaganda claiming that "Black men smoke marijuana because it makes them think they are as good as a white man."
That last bit alone is enough reason for me personally to keep smoking. Every time I light up, I like to imagine I'm taking a shit all over that bigoted white bastard who had the nerve to write that racist bullshit. Just imagining that makes my high feel all the more satisfying!

So in conclusion, I would like to give thanks and praise unto our Lady Mary Jane for lifting the misguided hatred from my soul, and showing me who to true enemy is....

Amen brotha. Amen.

I just fell in love with you.
couldn't have put it better myself.

Big sigh. Your great. Thanks for sharing fellow ol stoner