• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How does your significant other feel about tripping?

griffin3141

Bluelighter
My girlfriend absolutely hates that I take acid. She has no particular reason, and when I try to get her to look at the facts (on erowid, for example), she just says that she doesn't even want to know. It baffles me, especially because she considers herself so liberal and I would actually consider myself a conservative (well, libertarian). I love her very much, so I usually just don't tell her when I'm going to trip/am tripping. I feel like tripping with someone you love would be great, too bad I can't :\

Edit:

I got her to try acid and she absolutely loved it. There was one point where we were listening to Pigs on the Wing (Part two) and broke down crying in eachothers arms. Greatest experience ever!

Last edited:
My girlfriend was shocked to hear about my "journeys" at first, but soon she wanted to trip with me. Now we share all of our trips and for the better.

My girlfriend doesnt have a problem with it.. as long as i share.

each person is different, some just want nothing to do with some stuff.

im sorry shes doesnt like the idea. shes missing out on some beautiful experiences

My boyfriend and I trip together all the time and it's given us some really amazing insightful moments, but one of my best friends, a complete psychonaut, has a girlfriend that won't even touch weed.. and they get along fine... so I think it just depends on the relationship

In my relationship, I trip much more then dear Miss Swilow, but we can indeed have beautiful trips together. They have decreased as the drugs got weirder though; she is more a recreational user, so many of the more in-your-face chemicals just annoy her really. We tend to use acid, various 2C-x chems, mushrooms and mescaline if we trip together; she hates smoking things, so DMT and the like are out for now. We've taken ketamine together, but she ended up vomiting rather profusely and I lost my mind- we decided its not such a good drug to do together. Next weekend we're going up the mountains with a nice bit of 2C-D and some DPT for myself later. Tripping with your partner is great! Not essential though.

My and my partner trip together all the time, and it's always such a bonding experience. We have shared some amazing moments, and the times when we trip at home, just the 2 of us, we find out more and more just how much we love each other :) <3 <3 <3

She is not a fan by any means. She kind of understands though and puts up with me. :) I love her for it.

Having never taken anything other than alcohol, I don't think she can comprehend some of my experiences. Any time I tell her of them I get called nature boy. She just laughs and I don't think she really believes me a lot of the time. I've never asked her if she'd like to try a psychedelic (except before we went out and she said she'd do mushrooms with me, just to please me I guess, I never did do it), but I think it's probably best that she doesn't experiment yet at least considering her apparent mental state as of late :(

My boyfriend and I refuse to trip unless we can do it together. It's one of the very important rules about our drug usage- we don't do things unless we do them while with each other.

I got out of psychedelics for a large portion of my relationship with my girlfriend but then about 6 or so months ago i experienced a psychedelic renaissance with hook-ups and shit was just coming. I asked her a lot about it but she has no interest. it is not that she opposes the idea of tripping by any means because many of her friends including I have been into psychedelics or in general by seeking altered consciousness but she just does not have the curiousity at all. she feels absolutely no reason to feel fucked up in that way. it bothered her a lot at first because when you dont know anything about drugs and your boyfriend is ranting about weird chemical names like fucking 4-aco-dipt as you buy clothes together at the mall but as i have educated her, she seems to understand more. but she is very naive and will never understand how amazingly beautiful tripping can be. words will never do psychedelics justice and if the only way i can explain tripping to someone is through words, I will never be able to turn her over to the other side.

regardless of her ambiguity towards my "experiments" we are both content about it. I will let her know when I am tripping and if i ever need her help she'll be there to take care of me.

nikol said:
My boyfriend and I refuse to trip unless we can do it together. It's one of the very important rules about our drug usage- we don't do things unless we do them while with each other.
That is a very good rule :)

griffin3141 said:
My girlfriend absolutely hates that I take acid. She has no particular reason, and when I try to get her to look at the facts (on erowid, for example), she just says that she doesn't even want to know. It baffles me, especially because she considers herself so liberal and I would actually consider myself a conservative (well, libertarian). I love her very much, so I usually just don't tell her when I'm going to trip/am tripping. I feel like tripping with someone you love would be great, too bad I can't :\
Why does she hate it so much? Have you tried to explain it to her? Has she had bad experiences with it or knows someone who has? If she "doesn't want to know about it" explain to her that it's something that means a lot to you (if it does?) and you want to tell her about it.
Just some suggestions :)

Delsyd said:
my gf likes it just about as much as i do.
I think I actually like it more than my boyfriend does =D

n3ophy7e said:
That is a very good rule :)

Thank you, it was something we agreed on very early on (we were both each other's first significant other that did drugs). It keeps up accountable for our usage, and keeps things within a reasonable limit of intake.

My current girlfriend is great, I introduced her to LSD and she went in with an open mind and has had beautiful experiences with me. My ex wife however is completely judgmental and closed minded on the subject.

My ex was totally against acid. She thought it was a bad drug or something I guess. She was a heavy drinker though and she liked 2c-b, but it really doesn't have much depth. Anything that I considered deep, she was scared of.

I don't understand some people. I could be with someone who didn't use psychs, but I would MUCH rather be with someone who I could enjoy a good acid trip with or smoke some deamsters with, and actually have meaningful discussions about the trip etc.

Delsyd said:
my gf likes it just about as much as i do.

i do love psychedelics! <3 <3

I prefer to trip with Delsyd, ive only tripped without him a handful of times and i definitely prefer it with him. He is my love, my comfort if trips get uncomfortable. I agree that tripping alone together has showed us just how deep the love that we share goes. (MDMA whoop whoop ;) <3 <3 )

karma1485 said:
i do love psychedelics! <3 <3

I prefer to trip with Delsyd, ive only tripped without him a handful of times and i definitely prefer it with him. He is my love, my comfort if trips get uncomfortable. I agree that tripping alone together has showed us just how deep the love that we share goes. (MDMA whoop whoop ;) <3 <3 )

Completely agree, that's exactly what it's like for Peyote and I :)

ppl against drugs are going to be against them no matter what, thats why she doesn't even wanna know. but everyone wants to, even if they themselves don't know it. if you think you could get away with slipping her a tab do it, just make sure its not strong. she just needs to get her eyes and mind open.

I think she's pretty much OK with it.