• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How does ketamine compare to other drugs?

Feels like you're in a dream or a virtual reality (but I have depersonalization disorder so this isn't really much different from my normal reality, although it is more pronounced). Your body feels light and loose and floaty. Dancing and other physical tasks becomes effortless. I become strangely stimulated by dissociatives due to the body high, but most people become sedated (I think?) You zone out and lose track of time. Paying attention to external stimuli becomes difficult.. makes conversing hard, it also makes me blab and repeat myself over and over lol.
I love dissociatives %) some people like them and some people don't, but ketamine seems to have a unique euphoric push, so you'll probably have a good time.

Ketamine is basically the swiss army knife of drugs... depending on how much you take you get a range of effects going anywhere from a mild drunkenness to a disassociated state to full on psychedelic experience to basically travelling to the other dimension. It is an acquired taste though and its not for everyone. For those who find they do like it it basically becomes your preferred drug. Ketamine doesn't have the addictive potential that drugs like opiates or stims have. basically the effects are too jarring for most people to want to be in that state on a regular basis. There are cases of psychological addiction to ketamine but they don't seem to be super common.

I dont think ketamine compares,to any other drugs.even mxe .
I hate mxe,alot of people,compare it to k but thers nothing like doing k and being in a hole in my eyes

You've gotta be a certain kind of madman to want to take large doses of ketamine in public IMO.

Haha yes, luckily we get mixed up with ordinary drunkards most of the time.

My first experience with ketamine was exactly what I thought "psychedelic anaesthetic" would be. Sort of like a drunk feeling to it yes but at the same time not at all, depending on dosage. It clears out faster than ethanol intoxication too. Best taken alone, in the bed, eyes closed/covered and heaphones on in my opinion.

Swim just tried some today. At low dose it feels like when you wake up from a euphoric dream in the middle of the night still drunk and with a lot it feels like a mild nn-dmt trip

Also very hard to sleep swim has been in my bed trying to sleep for 8 hours. Swim has been up for over 24 hrs not tired at all

Swim just tried some today. At low dose it feels like when you wake up from a euphoric dream in the middle of the night still drunk and with a lot it feels like a mild nn-dmt trip

No need to swim on here is there ;) My friend tried it for the first time recently and told me it was like fast forwarding straight away to the feeling of having had 10 vodkas haha :) this was a low dosage I think tho

Just my two $0.2 cents again, I don't find ketamine addictive, euphoric or really enjoyable if you're not alone.

On your own, once you've had time to experiment,- it can be a a vastly mind opening drug. Dose wise, The walls can move,ur fave music is amplified & if ur sitting or laying in bed,/ the floating is amazing,!!!

A great way to get rid of any stressors for a few hrs at least!

Rtp

Last edited:
I've only had k that was mixed in with ecstasy and that to me was my favorite capsule. Can never forget the feeling of relaxation like my body was floating in air while I could feel my senses amplified in euphoria. I think that's what I hope for when I look for e but can never find it. It was stated that it was surprisingly a low percentage of e that was found with traces of ketamine. Sad

Ketamine is a super hard drug to describe. It takes you all kinds of weird places, from euphoria to thinking you are inanimate objects and walking like a penguin, then it may even transport you into a totally new world for a minute or two, who knows.

All I know is that it's fucking strange yet can be absolutely hilarious and enjoyable in the right setting.

I've read everything I can that tries to describe ketamine but none of them have given me a very good idea yet... Guess I'll just have to try it

Ketamine is a super hard drug to describe. It takes you all kinds of weird places, from euphoria to thinking you are inanimate objects and walking like a penguin, then it may even transport you into a totally new world for a minute or two, who knows.

All I know is that it's fucking strange yet can be absolutely hilarious and enjoyable in the right setting.

^this.... its the swiss army knife of drugs... you just have to try it (a few times to get several of the effects)

Hey guys,so I done the smallest amount of k the other day while rolling and quite enjoyed it . Was on 2 quite weak pills and not really feeling it ,so asked my pal to use some,and dabbed it on my gums(don't know why tbh).

Immediately felt increased well being,then when i sat down i got closed eye visuals,which changed to the beat of the music which was pretty cool. Would estimate the dosage to be literally 10-20mg,but certainly felt something. Can see myself doing it again.

My friend says that its like being drunk but not blacking out. Is this accurate at all?
At lowish doses it's more like reality is drunk. At higher doses it's like reality has blacked out.

Oh, if you take it with drink it will be like being very unpleasantly drunk.

Read somewhere some one describing ketamine as: feeling like waking up out of a dream. Feeling surreal; the feeling of being between the dream world and reality. Not knowing what is dream and what not, but being sure to be awake. Read it in German and don't know, if its proper translated (out of my memory....). Anyway liked that comparison a lot, but its probably just "valid" for mid doses.

For me, ket felt like going home. I felt much more at my place there.

I've only had k that was mixed in with ecstasy and that to me was my favorite capsule. Can never forget the feeling of relaxation like my body was floating in air while I could feel my senses amplified in euphoria. I think that's what I hope for when I look for e but can never find it. It was stated that it was surprisingly a low percentage of e that was found with traces of ketamine. Sad

Best drug combo. a little bump during the come-up will clear the anxiety. during the peak of the XTC, with ket and proper breathing, it's so easy to get out of there. pure orgasmic waves of pleasures :)

and the day after, ket is your friend. the greatest thing to avoid post-mdma depression. also much more visual than usual :)

Right so since i posted this nearly a year ago I have actually started doing it here and there. Just low to medium doses and gotta say its probably level with MDMA as my drug of choice.

Have never k holed but just enjoy doing it with friends,or by myself with some music. Would agree with others though its just an odd drug ,cant really put it into words. In a good way though.

Best I would describe it is the only thing that classifies as a sedative psychedelic. Kind of like a psychedelic opiate. At small to moderate doses (for me at least) I get kind of a tranquil feeling, more comfortable around people and just feel like kicking back, but with some psychedelic thoughts. I know that's kind of funny sounding but that's how I'd describe it.