• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How does ketamine compare to other drugs?

gusmeer

Greenlighter
So I'm gonna be trying ketamine soon I think. But I can't really find a definitive answer online as to what its similar to. My friend says that its like being drunk but not blacking out. Is this accurate at all?

I have done LSD,mdma(pills and crystals),cocaine,weed and alcohol obviously.

Thanks

It's a little bit like alcohol but not much. Only in the sense that you can't walk for shit and your body feels numb. Other than that, it can be pretty trippy. I found that it gave me good closed eye visuals and the body high was killer. I couldn't feel my lungs so meditation became incredibly strange. The only way to really tell what it's like is to try it.

At low doses it is similar to the effects that alcohol provides in the sense that basic motor skills are a touch more difficult and you get that woozy-wobbly feeling.

At higher doses ketamine has a life all-its-own. Nothing quite compares to the weirdness that is ketamine/mxe/pcp. Those dissociative drugs are truly weird.

Ketamine is fun in a safe environment.

I find little euphoria in ketamine. Just very numbing the body and mind. The only thing on your list I would remotely compare ketamine to is LSD, and even then thats a stretch. The psychedelia is far from what LSD provides... It is next level. Ketamine always takes me to weird places where my head morphs into my feet and everything normal is just inaccurately bizarre. Just read up on some ketamine trip reports and such. Should give you an idea of sorts.

This is what is confusing me about it. It seems to be used in an extremely wide range of circumstances-festivals,clubs,personal use etc. This sort of gives me the impression it would be a 'party drug' ,one which induces euphoria and enhances music etc.

Yet there also seems to be the 'trippy' aspect to it which I would personally associate with LSD for example. I personally didn't enjoy acid that much,found it to be much more introverted than I would have liked,which is why I am somewhat skeptical about how I will find k.

You've gotta be a certain kind of madman to want to take large doses of ketamine in public IMO.

Ketamine makes you feel super wonky. It gets difficult to get both eyes looking at the same thing and your body feels like a puppet on strings that you're pulling. It's weird, and not in a way that I'm really into, but I know a ton of people who love it.

You'll have a better idea of what to expect if you compare it to other dissociatives. Have you at least tried DXM? It's the active ingredient in OTC cough medications and is a lot more similar both structurally and effects wise than the drugs you have listed. Although probably the closest in effect out of the drugs listed, alcohol really is a poor comparison IMO.

If you have no dissociative experience just delve into it with an open mind and enjoy the unique experience for what it is :). Ketamine can be very strange and incapacitating at high doses, so be sure to start low and work your way up. Treat it more like a psychedelic than a recreational intoxicant.

^ Stop spamming please. If you're goal is to achieve bluelighter status be patient and generate discussion rather than posting random one liners.

Ketamine makes you feel super wonky.
such a great description. it's true. it's hard to put into words the crazy, weird, slightly real, slightly surreal wonderland i enter when i do ketamine.

be safe and report back, gusmeer? welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

ketamine, or other dissociatives have that magical feel to them, its strange, for sure it puts a wonk on everything but there is soooo much moreeeee to it than that :)..

it has or other dissociatives may i mention have the ability to banish the relams of relality, nothing like tryptamines or phenylethalamines, or salvia for that matter , but has its own feel to it..

I have had the ability to sit in my bedroom, travel the world, undercover large conspiracies =) its qute fun stuff when u get to the large doses, it can feel like your away from the world, but totally looking at it from the outside perception and have this ability (well i seem to) to be able to feel other parts of the universe or something ?

give it a shot, im sure you wont be dissapointed

You've gotta be a certain kind of madman to want to take large doses of ketamine in public IMO.

I just giggled to myself so hard when I read this. (because I am that certain kind of madman ;))

My first time experiencing dissociation I was like, "it feels like i'm in the Matrix but that cord they stick the back of their head is like falling halfway out"

I agree with Diloaded, there is truly nothing else like the weirdness that dissociatives produce.

when I have to explain it in one sentence to people its like "imagine going so deep inside your mind that you feel like you're in space"

WONKINESS ENSUES

lol me and my friends would always call getting dissociated "getting wonky"

Yeah, I dunno so much about being out in public on ketamine. It gives a feeling of walking on marshmallows..

But, as an above poster wrote,- in a safe environment it's a pretty chilled feeling. I could listen to any chilled music or stare at the tv.

Closed/open eye visuals play a huge part & you may have pleasant or scary images.

I can recall talking to my friends about ordering pizza & seeing tiny, skinned bunnies on it,

Also, when trying to sleep having visuals of a million pink Minnie mouses playing drums lol.

Others have had worse.

Again, start slow & low

Rtp

such a great description. it's true. it's hard to put into words the crazy, weird, slightly real, slightly surreal wonderland i enter when i do ketamine.

be safe and report back, gusmeer? welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

Will do,alasdair. Gonna start relatively low with it at around 50mg lines in a setting such as a house and build up from there. If I get on with it then it may become my new favorite club drug along with MDMA ;)

I forgot to mention as well that I have done salvia as well, if that could be compared at all.

I only tried small amounts of ketamine (15-20 mg i.m.), but the feeling was quite nice, I call it sober drunkiness. It is almost the same as you drank 2-3 beers, but your thoughts are absolutely sober. At low dosages ketamine for me = alcohol - barbiturate (I remember seing alcohol = ketamine + barbiturate equation somewhere).

I only tried small amounts of ketamine (15-20 mg i.m.), but the feeling was quite nice, I call it sober drunkiness. It is almost the same as you drank 2-3 beers, but your thoughts are absolutely sober. At low dosages ketamine for me = alcohol - barbiturate (I remember seing alcohol = ketamine + barbiturate equation somewhere).

What actually are barbiturates? Sorry my drug knowledge isn't great tbh :/

I've never found anything remotely similar in K and psychedelics like LSD or mushrooms. For me, it basically seperates your mind from your body. Has to be experienced really - it's nothing like any other drug. I wasn't wild about it.

Ketamine for me is a very intensional substance. As far as i have experienced the focus turns inward and the external world is less important and appealing. It's like a dimmer switch for your senses whilst intensifying your internal dialogue/voyage. Low doses tend to have a nice anti-depressant-anxiety feel to them and are great for social settings as they allow you to focus more on how you feel rather than processing incoming stimuli. Higher doses get stranger and i would not recommend trying a high dose in public. A high dose can result in a very dreamy or a very terrifying experience depending on your set and setting, just work your way up with small doses and you will get an idea of what is to come.

Read somewhere some one describing ketamine as: feeling like waking up out of a dream. Feeling surreal; the feeling of being between the dream world and reality. Not knowing what is dream and what not, but being sure to be awake. Read it in German and don't know, if its proper translated (out of my memory....). Anyway liked that comparison a lot, but its probably just "valid" for mid doses.