How do you know when you're a meth addict?

Meth really isn't bad for you unless it's impure or cut. Hotrails are usually only intense for 30 minutes. If it's cut it makes you sick and miserable. I have a friend that's chain smoking pure meth until the pound he cooked up is gone. He goes blind to sparkles from hotrails.

In my limited experience with it, I wish I never touched it. Even when it's good, it's bad. And as you move along through addiction, staying up for days, not eating, losing a handle on your life, you can bury yourself in a hole that you don't know how to get out of. It is an insidious drug that almost feels like it's designed to ruin you inside and out.

It was when i was telling myself that “meth completes me” and “makes makes me really feel like me” - while having 12 hour jackoff / chemsex parties and failing to do any work in the real world.

I didn't read every response but I read the OP

Im sure you have gotten plenty of opinions and advice so Im not going to keep beating a dead horse.

But, if you and your mates are all allowing recreational meth use into your lives, and possibly a bit more, then its almost a guarantee that some, if not all of you will suffer some of the serious consequences that methamphetamine has in store.

It sounds like you are aware of the danger but that doesn't change the risk. It could even make it worse because you will delude yourself with self bought lies about your "controlled" use.

Whatever you think meth makes better for you, might as well kiss that goodbye. All hard drugs can be deceptive but meth is the Queen of that land.

I hope you and your friends the best of it though. You obviously not a total jackass so use that to your advantage.

Of course it is, I was giving a one-dimensional reply to a one-dimensional response.
I don't need to read on here to know how badly meth can fuck your life up. I've got people around me who've seen the damage this shit causes to tell me that. And people I know who have tried to quit never, ever forget how good it was watching that smoke swirl around. And more than anything, I see the risks involved with trying to improve myself in any sense by using a drug, most of all meth. But now that I've crossed the threshold of using, and now that my friend who I see regularly is showing no sign of quitting, that doubt is always gonna be in my mind when I know he's using. I don't think I can control my usage. Hard drugs aren't designed to be controllable. That's one of the most devious parts about them, that they trick you like that by redesigning and warping your brain and making it a permanant bitch to function without them. The feeling isn't even that good when you push to the limits of tweaking.
I know I'm in a trap. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered writing this without a particular question. I only have one question, and that's a question none of you here will ever be able to tell me. All I want from this is some kind of reassurance from anyone who has any idea of what I'm going through with this drug situation. And I guess it helps just having a place to tell my story. It's sort of all around me, now that I've opened my eyes to it. I'm worried...

I understand how you might feel like you've crossed the line into the cesspool of meth,but your use, as you describe it, is not terribly much when compared to someone who is a constant all day & night user who can go to sleep 2 mins after smoking bong hit after bong hit of meth. I would just completely stop and focus on much better things my friend...

One big thing is not being able to "function" without it. I find you convince yourself you couldnt do this or that or even face the day without it.

When you write the days on the calendar of how many days you haven't touched the stuff so you can take maybe a seven day break and maybe feel it again, but you don't get to seven days. Drinking protein shakes lol