• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How do you get your anger out?

I've been angry but it seems to lower as time passes, one of my friends inflicts self harm when he is very angry and doesn't want to hurt others.

i let shit fester and then i up and explode when the time is right.

Last edited:
smoking meth and beating the shit out of people who's subcultures fashion, music or overall ideals differ from my own.

feels good man.

i walk places with my ipod in
i can walk for hours
othertimes i smoke a feew reefa's

i used to smash stuff up but i got anger management classes
:)

I listen to music or do drugs. That always calms me down. Horrible way to deal with issues but it works. Better than the shit I used to do.

I talk to Guido on the phone, and he always seems to say the right things to calm my temper. Thanks friend.

As the research indicates, I find supposed catharsis to only maintain anger. Time seems to do the trick. :)

ebola

well, i need some sort of activity to get rid of my energy makes me feel a whole lot better, in the summer time whenever I was pissed of id get on my skateboard and go around my neighbourhood really fast exploring obstacles and such feels good for winter snowboarding is great! except I dont always have this luxury so I listen to music or masterbate loL!

listening to Queen, Freddie Mercury is fucking awesome and im pissed I need to experience the power of his voice at home on our awesome surround sound, as well as smoking pot,
[keep the drug talk to a minimum in Second Opinion dude, thanks :) - n3o]
as well as fast driving to music

Last edited by a moderator:
rangrz said:
smoking meth and beating the shit out of people who's subcultures fashion, music or overall ideals differ from my own.

feels good man.

Note to self: do not smoke meth with rangrz. If you find yourself smoking meth with rangrz, run. ;)

ebola

If somebody has really done me wrong, I don't feel the anger subside entirely until I get the chance to tell them (face to face preferably) I didn't appreciate what they did, along with anything else I think they really need to be told. It doesn't matter how they take it, how they respond, or what they do with what I say. All that matters, for me to feel vindicated, is that I let the person knows full well what they did is not something I tolerate. Saying it calmly, even coldly, always gets the best results.

I've sent e-mails and even letters to people who have ripped me off. Sometimes they respond and want to fix the problem, depending at what level of management the ripoff happened. But that's a bonus, not the objective. Most don't respond. I never threaten, and keep it pretty short -- after all, it's often partially my own fault if I get ripped off. But that doesn't make what they did any better, and letting them know that is a crucial part, I find, to letting something like this slide into history.

I'd only sue someone if what they did to me caused me or someone in my family tangible losses, for which I had to pay dearly, AND I knew that litigation was the only way to get a proper redress from them. I don't believe emotional suffering can be quantified with money, or that money can ease emotional suffering.

Someone would have to physically threaten me or someone I love before I assaulted them in anger. In any other case, I've got too much to lose.

When I'm really frustrated or pissed off, I find a place where I can yell at the top of my lungs for a minute or two. Works wonders. Works as well as hitting things, without nearly the physical risk (unless your vocal cords are already on shaky ground, or what you use to make your living).

Ideally:

Ascertain and analyze the cause of my anger into a problem statement.
Calculate the best way of resolving that problem.
Execute.

Alternatively I make up silly acronyms.

ive got a broken dvd player that i keep in a med size spacebag. when im mad, which is hardly ever, i beat it with a hammer. the spacebag is great to use because its ziplocked, and its pretty thick plastic.

I keep my anger in for so long until it eventually comes out in a little twitch in my right upper eyelid.

Then I just continue to hold it in for as long as possible, until the point where I reach 45, have a mental breakdown and let my suppressed mental issues develop into a nice, severe mental illness.

True future story.

i dont get angry.
like ever.

I feel you, here. In all seriousness, someone could probably get away with shooting a meth & PCP cocktail into my jugular, handing me a knife, then kicking me in the balls, yet not witness me try to attack him. Every time I start to feel even the slightest bit offended by people, my mind floods with imagery of prospective ways in which their malice or negligence will recoil on them, regardless of whether I deliberately act as karma's agent. Despite realization that my upbringing was remarkably bizarre, I still feel puzzled by the way in which most people fail to manage such restraint; so many peers often say they "want" to stop being angry, then express the desire's very simple justifications and means, but proceed to fail at refraining from violence within minutes, hours or days.... it sincerely baffles me....