• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous How do you deal with nausea when taking mushrooms?

This hot water but not boiling as it will destroy psylocybin and you can do that a few times.
The acidic lemon juice will help with breaking down the mushrooms.
I mean have you ever poured boiling water?
As soon as the kettle is off the base the water stops boiling.

But yes, do not boil the shrooms in a pot, that would destroy some or all of the psylocin/psylocibin, have them in a cup or glass and pour the water there.

Fast or do not eat for 3-4 hours before you take them.

You can grind them up after you weigh out the dose and put into gelcaps, make a drink with them both hot infusions with lemon or green tea use hot but not boiling water, one friend used to make a non-alcoholic daquari or margarita with a large amount, put them into chocolate or put chocolate on them, etc.

Ginger helps with nausea both the actual root that is dried with sugar on it, and drinking it hot or iced with mint. Maybe kava kava?

When I was into drugs and still using them I loved the taste of dried Psilocybin mushrooms, they tasted like raw potatoes. I know they were probably not found in a local forest so whatever tek someone used made them taste delicious. They were also very strong 2.0 grams gave me a ++++ experience. I am not sure which strain they were but this was before people really cared about this.

I never had nausea either. I know other people who said how they would always vomit from shrooms.

Last edited:
A few (5-10) seeds of datura stramonium works great.
What does the Datura add to the experience? I have heard of people drinking Ayahuasca made with Datura and they said it made the experience more powerful. I have never taken Datura, angel's trumpet, Brugmansia, etc.

I recently tried mushroom (Albino Avery) about ~1.5g and it makes me wanna throw up. It also tastes so bad and I feel nausea during the trip (the trip itself was very mild). I ate raw dried mushrooms and took about 3 500mg of Vitamin C gummies to deal with nausea after eating the mushroom (which didn't help too much).

I wanted to try a higher dose, around 3-3.5g next time but the nausea kills me. I tried taking 3.5g this morning, but after ingesting a mushroom, I spit it out (since it tastes like crap) and ended up not doing the trip (because I don't wanna feel like shit or throw up because of nausea).

Any ideas to combat nausea when taking shrooms?

From what I've learned the nausea is caused by my body converting psilocybin to psilocin and also due to some stuff present in mushrooms that cause nausea. A friend of mine said that LSD doesn't cause nausea since it doesn't go through the digestive system. I'm planning to try LSD very soon, if it doesn't cause nausea and make me feel like crap, I guess I'd stick to LSD and not take shrooms again (if I can't combat nausea).
Brew a tea from the mushrooms. I use to have same problem just eating them . And the tea makes it a much better trip. Imo

Thank you all of you guys for the tips. I've taken note of every one of your comments. I really appreciate it!

I tried the tea and lemon version(s); honestly, I still feel nausea with shrooms. I just think shrooms aren't really my thing anymore. Maybe it's a great DOC for many others but definitely not me. I plan to not touch mushrooms anymore.

I will come back and report after my LSD experience and tell you whether it's a better psychedelic for me :)

Dry them, capsule them, take it spread out over an hour and stay laid down for an hour or two. Movement causes nausea

This was copy pasted from somewhere else regarding lemon tek

"The acid in lemon juice breaks down chitin, which are cell walls found in magic mushrooms. This is one of the main reasons why some people experience nausea after consuming shrooms. If you're someone who suffers from severe nausea, drinking mushroom tea might be a better option for you as it doesn't contain any chitin."

Lemon tek also likely dephosporylates psilocybin into psilocin to some extent as well. I would HIGHLY recommend either doing a lemon tek or making a simple hot water tea. It tastes better, no weird textures or digging fungi out of your teeth and generally hits much faster.

Mushrooms have never given me any nausea, but I once had some thai strain that would consistently give me stomach cramps.

Also, your expectations can play a huge role and cause psychosomatic effects. If you believe that mushrooms are disgusting and are going to make you sick because you read it or someone told you, then that can influence your trip.

If you really find yourself averse to eating psilocybe mushrooms, you could also try and get some 4-ACO-DMT which like psilocybin, hydrolizes into psilocin and provides for an almost identical experience.

All you need is to eat a capsule.

What does the Datura add to the experience? I have heard of people drinking Ayahuasca made with Datura and they said it made the experience more powerful. I have never taken Datura, angel's trumpet, Brugmansia, etc.
At a low dose, it pretty much just eliminates nausea and helps with vasoconstriction.
In higher doses, it adds to the visual and mental aspect - a sort of fearlessness. It makes it easier to explore concepts that are usually terrifying.

For me, eating completely removes the nausea. I make a spaghetti with mushrooms, and eat it. It takes longer to kick in, but I just plan for it. No nausea.

Sweet Christ, people recommending people eat Datura.......lol, is this still a harm reduction forum

Uhmm... then I won't have much fun with shrooms then. Will try LSD and see how I react.
I think you really need to just let that shit hit you hard man. Sure you feel very uneasy and maybe dry heave/vomit but once u are finished u will realize it was not a big deal at all and the trip will just carry you.

After this one should be almost in love with shrooms...I mean shrooms are very welcoming in all honesty they want you to giggle and have fun.

I encourage you to trip 3.5 and just "LET GO"(Tyler durden)

If it's still not your cup of tea you better think twice about acid bc its strong, a bit speedy, and can last much longer which might be terrible.

Dry them out, grind them up, cap them in 00 gelcaps (which hold just under a gram if you pack them tight), and eat them. Far less nausea and they smack very quickly. In fact, within 15 minutes of taking them you are coming up quick. Others have probably mentioned it, but here it is again, if so.

grind them up and put it in a capsule, ive done this for years, because i HATE feeling like im gonna throw up.

I recently tried mushroom (Albino Avery) about ~1.5g and it makes me wanna throw up. It also tastes so bad and I feel nausea during the trip (the trip itself was very mild). I ate raw dried mushrooms and took about 3 500mg of Vitamin C gummies to deal with nausea after eating the mushroom (which didn't help too much).

I wanted to try a higher dose, around 3-3.5g next time but the nausea kills me. I tried taking 3.5g this morning, but after ingesting a mushroom, I spit it out (since it tastes like crap) and ended up not doing the trip (because I don't wanna feel like shit or throw up because of nausea).

Any ideas to combat nausea when taking shrooms?

From what I've learned the nausea is caused by my body converting psilocybin to psilocin and also due to some stuff present in mushrooms that cause nausea. A friend of mine said that LSD doesn't cause nausea since it doesn't go through the digestive system. I'm planning to try LSD very soon, if it doesn't cause nausea and make me feel like crap, I guess I'd stick to LSD and not take shrooms again (if I can't combat nausea).
Xanax bud .telling you take 2 mg hr before u consume 🍄 I never indulge without it so many benefits no anxiety stress all enjoyment eliminated any uncomfortable feeling completely

The Water.

We prefer the flavor of mushroom tea when made with filtered or bottled water. Unlike LSD, which will degrade when exposed to any chlorine, mushrooms do not suffer the same fate, and tap water can be used in your brew.

We prefer the flavor of mushroom tea steeped at 190 F.. Boiling water is also fine, and will not damage the efficacy of the tea. Some have argued boiling water damages the potency of the trip. To confirm that this is not true, simply boil your mushrooms for 30 minutes and then ingest; there will be no impact on the experience.

We typically use 1 cup water per participant, which produces a tea that is not overpowering. If the tea will have 2 grams or less of mushrooms, you could reduce the brew to 1/2 cup and still produce a mild tasting tea.

that says you can boil the water ^

Thank you all of you guys for the tips. I've taken note of every one of your comments. I really appreciate it!

I tried the tea and lemon version(s); honestly, I still feel nausea with shrooms. I just think shrooms aren't really my thing anymore. Maybe it's a great DOC for many others but definitely not me. I plan to not touch mushrooms anymore.

I will come back and report after my LSD experience and tell you whether it's a better psychedelic for me :)
Okay guys, I tried LSD 220µg yesterday for the first time. It was more colorful, intense, and visually bright. And I only felt a bit of nausea at the peak of the trip, but nothing really serious.

I think I like LSD more. A lot better overall (at least for me).

Planning to try DMT next.

A 5HT3 antagonist seems potentially useful for the nausea, just ones like ondansetron aren't that common

good lord - i made the tea with 1.7 g's

i was perplexed within 15 minutes

i think im good on those things for another 10 years :welcomeback:

but the tea was great - i didn't taste anything and my stomach was great - i squeezed a little lemon in it

:tiebow: