• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous How do you deal with nausea when taking mushrooms?

ninjapirateroberts

Bluelighter
I recently tried mushroom (Albino Avery) about ~1.5g and it makes me wanna throw up. It also tastes so bad and I feel nausea during the trip (the trip itself was very mild). I ate raw dried mushrooms and took about 3 500mg of Vitamin C gummies to deal with nausea after eating the mushroom (which didn't help too much).

I wanted to try a higher dose, around 3-3.5g next time but the nausea kills me. I tried taking 3.5g this morning, but after ingesting a mushroom, I spit it out (since it tastes like crap) and ended up not doing the trip (because I don't wanna feel like shit or throw up because of nausea).

Any ideas to combat nausea when taking shrooms?

From what I've learned the nausea is caused by my body converting psilocybin to psilocin and also due to some stuff present in mushrooms that cause nausea. A friend of mine said that LSD doesn't cause nausea since it doesn't go through the digestive system. I'm planning to try LSD very soon, if it doesn't cause nausea and make me feel like crap, I guess I'd stick to LSD and not take shrooms again (if I can't combat nausea).

Vomiting is pretty common with mushrooms.

You may vomit on a higher dose. If you vomit your nausea will most likely subside.

People who get this side effect just deal with it AFAIK.

I wonder if the Vit C had the opposite to intended reaction? I’ve also found nausea has gotten better with mushrooms as I became familiar with them.

It might also be the taste. Number of ways to circumvent this. You could capsule it up. Maybe a tea would be better too?

LSD will definitely be less nauseating.

-GC

if you like marijuana i think that helps a lot. it gets the trip going stronger sometimes too.

also like the above poster said putting it in capsules helps if you are having problems with eating them and tea is good tea. i don't think the tea looses too much potency compared to just eating them whole... i find mushrooms hard to chew for a lot of dried shrooms, after my teenage years i would always put them in capsules or more recently i would make tea when i started getting cheaper shrooms and wasn't afraid of loosing some potency.. i don't think tea is much less stronger though, so i'd defintely give it a try to see if there's no nausea.

if you like marijuana i think that helps a lot. it gets the trip going stronger sometimes too.
using cannabis with a psychedelic is one of the most common ways to induce a bad trip.. many people do it and are fine, but it is not smart to recommend this to an inexperienced user of psychedelics. the op seems to find dealing with the nausea to be difficult and smoking weed on top of that can make things go really south.

@ninjapirateroberts
You could try making a tea out of the dried mushrooms.

Grind them as finely as you can, pour hot water on them and add the juice of half a lemon and let them sit in it for like 5 minutes while you occasionally stir and press the mushroom pieces.

Then filter the solids out and drink.

The taste still sucks a bit you can add some honey or sugar to make it taste a bit better, and since it's only a liquid you can chase it with fruit juice or another tasty beverage to wash it away quickly.

You also want to be on an empty stomach for at least 2 hours and you want to have eaten only clean healthy foods that you know you will digest quickly and without issues in the hours prior.

Be aware that ingesting mushrooms in the form of a tea will make them hit a bit faster and harder.

I too never had nausea from mushrooms. I had recently been given some and when I took them I grinded them into powder and covered in lemon juice. I guess the lemon tech. Added a little water and downed it. Honestly I can not tell if there is a difference from the lemon tek than just chewing them down. Seems the same to me but I see people swear by it. Anyway I downed it, took 3 big rips of impossible runtz cannabis and laid down in the dark. 40 minutes later the show began. The "other" sensation too. Like I was with a group of people behind my thoughts. No nausea. Very cool trip. Been a while for shrooms.

I always advocated for people to smoke weed for psychedelic nausea until I had a friend do that on acid and his whole trip went south. I mean bad. Couldn't get him to talk for the rest of the day. He looked lost. After that I realized unless a person is a pro at that then take heed.

@ninjapirateroberts
You could try making a tea out of the dried mushrooms.

Grind them as finely as you can, pour hot water on them and add the juice of half a lemon and let them sit in it for like 5 minutes while you occasionally stir and press the mushroom pieces.

Then filter the solids out and drink.

The taste still sucks a bit you can add some honey or sugar to make it taste a bit better, and since it's only a liquid you can chase it with fruit juice or another tasty beverage to wash it away quickly.

You also want to be on an empty stomach for at least 2 hours and you want to have eaten only clean healthy foods that you know you will digest quickly and without issues in the hours prior.

Be aware that ingesting mushrooms in the form of a tea will make them hit a bit faster and harder.
This hot water but not boiling as it will destroy psylocybin and you can do that a few times.
The acidic lemon juice will help with breaking down the mushrooms.

I always just went ahead and puked then felt better with shooms, MG, and HBW. If you're not a person that absolutely hates puking then that's what I recommend, just puke and move on to enjoying the trip

THe odd thing is by the time you end up puking you will have absorbed all of the psylocybin and puking won't affect the trip ime anyways.

It's just a horrible feeling.

using cannabis with a psychedelic is one of the most common ways to induce a bad trip.. many people do it and are fine, but it is not smart to recommend this to an inexperienced user of psychedelics. the op seems to find dealing with the nausea to be difficult and smoking weed on top of that can make things go really so
that's why i wrote "if you like marijuana"... i can see where you are coming from and i know some people don't even like marijuana as is, but if you are like me and never had a bad time with weed, i think it definitely makes the trip stronger and i totally forget about any nausea or body load that is unwanted... i probably wouldn't want to trip on shrooms with out weed... it's definitely something to be careful of if you are prone to paranoia or whatever else and it's cool that you are giving an opinion that a lot of people probably have, i hear a lot of people say weed helps with nausea though and i personally don't even really enjoy shrooms with out weed.

i totally see your point though if a person has had a bad time with weed before. weed isn't for everybody like any drug.

to the OP, a lot of people like LSD and other tryptamines more than shrooms. i personally do. it's a better high, imo and the visuals for me can be different. i'd be careful not to take too much though if you are inexperienced. it's probably easier to dose shrooms than lsd

THe odd thing is by the time you end up puking you will have absorbed all of the psylocybin and puking won't affect the trip ime anyways.

It's just a horrible feeling.
I generally don't feel good about this whole taking shrooms and puking and feeling better afterward. I guess mushrooms aren't my thing. Nausea killed the trip completely, ended up having nausea hours after the trip. I just want something "clean" and does the psychedelic effect on the brain without all the puking and shitting my pants.

that's why i wrote "if you like marijuana"... i can see where you are coming from and i know some people don't even like marijuana as is, but if you are like me and never had a bad time with weed, i think it definitely makes the trip stronger and i totally forget about any nausea or body load that is unwanted... i probably wouldn't want to trip on shrooms with out weed... it's definitely something to be careful of if you are prone to paranoia or whatever else and it's cool that you are giving an opinion that a lot of people probably have, i hear a lot of people say weed helps with nausea though and i personally don't even really enjoy shrooms with out weed.

i totally see your point though if a person has had a bad time with weed before. weed isn't for everybody like any drug.

to the OP, a lot of people like LSD and other tryptamines more than shrooms. i personally do. it's a better high, imo and the visuals for me can be different. i'd be careful not to take too much though if you are inexperienced. it's probably easier to dose shrooms than lsd
Yeah, I'll be trying to LSD next. Heard there's no nausea with LSD and that the effects are mostly psychological. I've about an ounce of mushrooms left in my room, I guess I'd just have to throw it out (or give it to a homeless person lol).

^^^ have you tried any other types of shrooms? i notice that different strands or maybe it's how they are dried, some shrooms are easier to deal with in my stomach.

^^^ have you tried any other types of shrooms? i notice that different strands or maybe it's how they are dried, some shrooms are easier to deal with in my stomach.
Nope, I've not tried other species. But I've heard nausea is a pretty common thing with all the shrooms in general. The shroom I tried is Albino Avery.

if they look clean then there is a good chance you might not like shrooms, so i'm not gonna pressure you to try more... i've tried some gross looking shrooms that made me sicker than usual, it looked like they were dirty and grown outside. idk.

Nope, I've not tried other species. But I've heard nausea is a pretty common thing with all the shrooms in general. The shroom I tried is Albino Avery.

I'm not the best psychonaught, but I'll tell you what worked for me once.

I took a couple of shots with my caps, and that seemed to aeneaethestise (sp?) my stomach.

Let me know if that works, sorry I can't be more help!!

you could always give ondansetron a try, if you have access

but otherwise, making tea is the way to go. perhaps add some ginger and chamomile to it, and mint.

The cell walls of mushrooms are made of chitin, very very difficult to digest. Making tea and then straining through a coffee filter allows you to remove all the chitin, while keeping the good stuff. Also, try to have not eaten any gross shit on the day you're going to trip. You know, like taco bell or something horrid like that

Yeah, try taking some ginger that generally helps. As well, I mean if you can't even force yourself to eat one mushroom straight, it's doubtful you'll be able to down an 8th. Sounds like you need another means of ingestion.

You could make tea. You could grind them up and parachute them with some toilet paper. You could make a peanut butter sandwich.

I've actually never thought of or heard of anyone doing the parachuting before I just thought of it, but I think it could be a good idea if eating the mushrooms bothers you that much.

I personally grew to enjoy the taste of them after I began to understand and enjoy the experience of them.