• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do some meth users manage to sleep?

I’ve been able to sleep regularly on it. And stay up for days. I’m off of amphetamines completely for days. Can’t sleep at all.

Yeah, no one should ever inject .5g of meth, I don't care what tolerance you have or what the quality is.
I shot a full gram once and barely got Hugh and went to sleep shortly after. That was fucking stupid!

I shot a full gram once and barely got Hugh and went to sleep shortly after. That was fucking stupid!

How long have you been using Meth out of curiosity? I would have to get admitted to an ER if I used a 1/2G in one sitting, let alone a full G?

Yeah, no one should ever inject .5g of meth, I don't care what tolerance you have or what the quality is.

Well, no one should ever inject or smoke Meth to begin with tbh. That’s how you get into trouble with it.👍

how in the fuck, as a mod of a harm reduction forum, can you fucking post this?

A. It's wrong. it's literally just inaccurate.
B. You make the statement "There is a quantity of benzodiazepine to match any quantity of methampetamine out there --- a giant dose would be required to put down a heavy user, and so on"
That's not true. Not even close. If I took a .25mg xan, or a .25mg ativan, I'd be out in less than 20 minutes.
C. You made the above statement. People may (VERY EASILY, MIND YOU, SINCE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A TRUSTED MEMBER WHO ISN'T A COMPLETE DUMB FUCK) somehow interpret that as, 'oh, I can do 50 grams of meth, I just need 1g of alprazolam to balance it out.' or, 'I just took 8 xanny bars, I'm probably gonna black out but if I eat this gram of meth, this quantity will match that quantity.'

You are a danger to this forum. You have a status, and you use that status to push false information on people looking to more experienced people (IE, moderators) for information that is life or death. You are the death of an innocent drug user, all because you want to get your post count up, flaunt that you're so active in a community, yet you post literal garbage shit just to....to what? to make a post? to flaunt your shit anecdotal junky stories around as factual evidence?

As someone who takes it daily, literally, haven't missed a day in 4 years.

With my current depression, I'm awake just over 8 hours a day. I sleep 16 hours a day. I take a half gram a day. The same bag that mine comes from, will have friends twacked all night.

It's a homeostasis for me right now, and since I don't smoke it or shoot it, I'm pretty consistent, and prior to depression, I would sleep, literally, every night. I can also eat immediately after dosing, no problem (90% of the time, at least. sometimes, I do get a bit of a dry mouth or just food seems unappealing, but it subsides within hours)

How to sleep? Decide you're not gonna do any degenerate shit. Follow through with that, and on top of it, get bored. Don't let any random fucking idea intrude in to your mind and let it run you on a goose chase. Let your mind get bored as shit, and you'll pass out. Whether it's worthwhile sleep or not isn't within my scope, but you for sure can sleep consistently, every night, if you try.

Try and calm down - the rest of the World doesn’t see it as a Medication. All they hear is the horror stories. I’m trying to change that 👍

How long have you been using Meth out of curiosity? I would have to get admitted to an ER if I used a 1/2G in one sitting, let alone a full G?
I stopped 4-5 days ago all amphetamines completely. First time I used it I was 15. I’m 30 now. I started using really badly and constantly until recently (again) from January of 2020.

almost 2 years straight here with a few stop gaps. I hope I am finished with it.

I can’t sleep though. It’s so hard to do. Like even in my sleep recently, I can hear those voices and they’re horrible and quite often I’ve been crying myself to sleep. But that’s too hard to do now. Some reason. I’ll be okay.

I’ve had some really bad hits put on me spamming over 26 years one way or another. I walk away every time it seems.

My exposure notifications and geographic location has changed Toronto with Healrh Canada recently. That’s bizarre and fucking cool!

The funny thing about meth is that the experience changes considerably the longer you play with it. It changes during a straight binge (e.g. taking it 7 days straight) but it also changes over the course of your lifetime's use of it even if you have breaks of months or years and then come back and hit it hard again.

Early on, especially in younger people, just about nothing will put a new user to sleep and a single modest dose might keep them awake for 48 hours or more. At this point almost no amount of benzos will put them to sleep.

Gradually, the amount of super-fun wide-awake time fthey from a single dose declines and 48 hours of fun might take 4 or 5 doses thesame size as that original one. But all the time the fun feeling is declining with the wide awake feeling is still there. In a simple way that's because the dopamine system burns out before the ther noradenaline system does. At this point sleep at that 48 hour mark is relatively easy. As little as 5 mg valium and/or 25 mg seroquel will do the trick and it's lights out. But it's hard to get to sleep until you've been awake the whole 48 hours.

Keep using daily , especially smoking constantly at a fairly low rate, maybe 0.5-1.0 g in 18 hours, and soon you'll be able to nod-off (not really deep REM sleep but still lights out) late at night for a few hours without needing valium or seroquel to help.

But if you stop and start use. For example, binging for 48 hours once or twice a week you won't reach that steady state equilibium where you can nod off naturally. You'll need something like valium or seroquel to help.

So you could have a guy whp smokes 7g a week and can sleep naturally every night when he smokes every day

BUT, you could also have a a guy who only smokes 3.5g a week (half as much) but crams it into 2 or 3 days smoking, who cannot sleep without a sedative or somethingto knowck him out.

Sounds like you took his comment a little personally as a meth user. Maybe you should explain your situation without going bonkers on a moderator. Maybe that half g gets you little more hype than you think. Relax, keif' is a valued member of the team.
Used before years a meth for a while.Can not sleep at all in the day I take it.No matter of what sleep aid was used

how in the fuck, as a mod of a harm reduction forum, can you fucking post this?

A. It's wrong. it's literally just inaccurate.
B. You make the statement "There is a quantity of benzodiazepine to match any quantity of methampetamine out there --- a giant dose would be required to put down a heavy user, and so on"
That's not true. Not even close. If I took a .25mg xan, or a .25mg ativan, I'd be out in less than 20 minutes.
C. You made the above statement. People may (VERY EASILY, MIND YOU, SINCE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A TRUSTED MEMBER WHO ISN'T A COMPLETE DUMB FUCK) somehow interpret that as, 'oh, I can do 50 grams of meth, I just need 1g of alprazolam to balance it out.' or, 'I just took 8 xanny bars, I'm probably gonna black out but if I eat this gram of meth, this quantity will match that quantity.'

You are a danger to this forum. You have a status, and you use that status to push false information on people looking to more experienced people (IE, moderators) for information that is life or death. You are the death of an innocent drug user, all because you want to get your post count up, flaunt that you're so active in a community, yet you post literal garbage shit just to....to what? to make a post? to flaunt your shit anecdotal junky stories around as factual evidence?

As someone who takes it daily, literally, haven't missed a day in 4 years.

With my current depression, I'm awake just over 8 hours a day. I sleep 16 hours a day. I take a half gram a day. The same bag that mine comes from, will have friends twacked all night.

It's a homeostasis for me right now, and since I don't smoke it or shoot it, I'm pretty consistent, and prior to depression, I would sleep, literally, every night. I can also eat immediately after dosing, no problem (90% of the time, at least. sometimes, I do get a bit of a dry mouth or just food seems unappealing, but it subsides within hours)

How to sleep? Decide you're not gonna do any degenerate shit. Follow through with that, and on top of it, get bored. Don't let any random fucking idea intrude in to your mind and let it run you on a goose chase. Let your mind get bored as shit, and you'll pass out. Whether it's worthwhile sleep or not isn't within my scope, but you for sure can sleep consistently, every night, if you try.

I'm hoping we can have an honest, open dialogue here buddy. First off, it serves nobody, literally nobody, to speak in such inflammatory language to another prior to fully understanding a mutual perspective of some kind. Words are seen as a very direct form of communication. Books, literature... text messaging ;) You made so many good points about the principles of Harm Reduction. We are a community born of free exchange of knowledge. Basically, to have a different opinion is not a bad thing, nay it is a necessary one. However, packaging any opinion with such vitriol only serves to invalidate your credibility as a person dedicated to the reduction of harm, as violence, whether physical or verbal, is harm.

Please reconsider your tone. I'm not offended. I get it. Maybe you're in a bad spot right now. That's just the thing, I don't know anything about you. I can't judge you for insulting me without all of the facts. There could be something that validates the whole thing. But, to get to these points of unerstanding regards being vulnerable. I hope that we can talk this one through and somehow come to unerstand each other better on multiple levels, personal, business, academic. That is my genuine desire.

My point was probably a little irresponsible. You have decent philosophical points contained in your argument. To say that one could take a theoretically infinite amount of Methamphetamine corresponding to a literally infinite amount of Benzodiazepines without experiencing any sory of health deficit would be retarded. It is implied to be a way of reasoning through the question and better understanding it. I cannot speak to an Alpha and Omega understamding of drugs, as nobody can.

When a normal, naive individual takes a decent amount of a Benzodiazepine, say 3mg Clonazepam (Klonopin) for instance, it's a safe wager that they will become intoxicated to a modestly visible extent. Consider that Methamphetamine overdoses have been treated with dosages ten times this amount ~30mg Clonazepam in a single sitting only to have them settle down and stop jacking off for a few straight hours, well, you can see how there exists such a relationship between these two things.

It's a simple matter of human biology that someone shooting 100g of Methamphetamine and then trying to treat that with 100mg Clonazepam will still likely either die or be rendered a vegetable by the experience. You could make the argument that advising anyone to take any amount of dangerous drugs is contradictory to a certain HR principles. Like anything, the middle way is the best way and this is what we seek to follow. Do the least harm.

I hope this helps.

I got my lorazepam refilled. I’m scripted 3mg a day. I took all three. Hopefully that helps.

Even with a virtually unlimited supply of valium, seroquel, and other potential solutions to being overamped I’ve learned that less is more in a non life-threatening emergency. If somebody is so overdosed on amps that it seems they will die I would do nothing but call an ambulance, monitor their ABC, and resuscitate manually until ambulance arrived if it came to that.

If the overamped person is in real distress but conscious and not dangerously psychotic and has clearly expressed a desire to avoid the ER I’d work on keeping them calm with reassuring talk away from gawkers and helping them get control of their breathing and reducing their temperature. If that was not sufficient to make their distress manageable I’d offer them no more than 5 mg valium and slowly titrate up another 5 mg every half hour. If they continued to deteriorate or after 2 hours and 20 mg valium they were still demonstrating serious signs of overamping I’d make a trip to the ER not-negotiable.

I’ve seen people shovel all kinds of sedatives, downers, opiates, a/b blockers, ap’s etc into people who’ve had too big a shot of meth and as first aid its almost always counterproductive or total overkill resulting in someone being overamped and non-responsive - which is double the danger and risk.

I once accidentally shot 0.5 g of Burma’s finest Green Tea pseudo-based meth when I had not had any stims for weeks and immediately demonstrated every sign of an overdose except I stayed conscious. Sitting shirtless in a fountain in a park to deal with the hyperthermia and tachycardia (weird in winter at 9 PMR) and 5 mg valium X 2 over an hour resolved everything inside 90 minutes and within 2 hours I was on the hunt for another bag.

Aye I left this thread after I posted.

You cherry pick details from my post out of context and run them back at me. That's funny.

Defend your ignorance and your comfort til your bittersweet ends. Your beliefs are shown through your actions. I really don't get it.