• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do some meth users manage to sleep?

PoundSterling

Greenlighter
I've only done it a handful of times spaced out over a 18 months, anything more than 5-6 hits at the pipe and there is no way I am sleeping for the next 24 hours

Where as my smoking partner will hit it twice as much and be able to sleep that night.. what gives?

Only thing that ever helped me sleep when I needed to was either benzos or Seroquel. Doing it raw didn't seem to do the trick.

Yea, meth's legs are just too long. Only tolerance will allow you to sleep and then you're pretty much fucked because it has a heavy depressive hangover. Meth is nice in the first hours because it's more serotonergic than plain amphetamine but after a while it becomes dirty. Reason why I don't use it anymore.

We have some nice RC amphetamines which might be promising.

Yea, meth's legs are just too long. Only tolerance will allow you to sleep and then you're pretty much fucked because it has a heavy depressive hangover. Meth is nice in the first hours because it's more serotonergic than plain amphetamine but after a while it becomes dirty. Reason why I don't use it anymore.

We have some nice RC amphetamines which might be promising.
Interesting, my smoking partner must be lying about being a heavy user then. As I suspected

I agree with you on the dirty feeling

I think it's tolerance for some people. Or could be that they are a bit adhd and the meth makes them normal.

I currently fall into a natural sleep cycle of 18-24 hours awake, 5-10 hours asleep.

Probably the way i slept on Dexedrine and Coke. Benzos and the occasional opiate

I would never ever do meth without benzos.
I rarely do meth but when I do I have a pack of benzos for the comedown.

In my limited experience with Methamphetamine users, I've learned a few thing that I believe to be true. First, like any addiction, there is often a healthy bit of denial involed when they discuss their usage with me. No matter how many time I say "I will never judge you dude", they still like to be just a little bit dishonest for some reason. "I haven't really done any for a few days" when they're just clearly, undeniably high. I've had people tell me, yea, I do a little bit, but I sleep every night and eat a balanced breakfast before my 9-5.

I'm not buying it ;) Then of course there are the chronic users for whom Methamphetamine is a totally different animal. I've known countless Methamphetamine users who can shoot .5g of shards into their veins and be ready for another one 4 hours later. For those of you tuning in at home, half a gram of legitimate Methamphetamine is enough to spin a newbie for days and I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.

In short, someone who is truly high on Methamphetamine will not go to sleep. It just does not work in such a way. A tolerant user who does it constantly and chronically, yea, they can sleep at night after going heavy that morning, but even this is the exception, not the rule. Methamphetamine is far more likely to keep you going for days without sleep regardles of your tolerance or experience level.

Technically speaking, yes, there is a quantity of Benzodiazepine to match any quantity of Methamphetamine out there, but it is all totally relative. A giant dose would be required to put down a heavy user and so on.

Meth legs are long. Often too long, as I've learned the hard way. These days if I use meth, it's first thing in the morning and not much. At night I take vitamin C, melatonin & diphenhydramine and I have a couple beers, smoke a little weed, and eat something. I usually can snooze for 4 or 5 hours.

I've only done it a handful of times spaced out over a 18 months, anything more than 5-6 hits at the pipe and there is no way I am sleeping for the next 24 hours

Where as my smoking partner will hit it twice as much and be able to sleep that night.. what gives?

Same. I would actually smoke heroin to bring me down - and usually smoke hash along with it. A lot of hash.

I think it's tolerance for some people. Or could be that they are a bit adhd and the meth makes them normal.

I currently fall into a natural sleep cycle of 18-24 hours awake, 5-10 hours asleep.

Meth sort of made me 'calmer' for lack of a better term, but that was only if I smoked just a very small amount. Anything above a certain level would just keep me up feeling like crap and as someone put it 'dirty'.

Probably the way i slept on Dexedrine and Coke. Benzos and the occasional opiate

I don't know... even with high doses of Dexedrine, I would come down enough to enjoy my first shot of heroin at the 8-hour mark as long as I took a little clonidine and an antihistamine (hydroxyzine or doxylamine), and never had trouble sleeping once 12 hours had gone by. With snorted cocaine, it was even quicker, at least if the fiendishness didn't prolong things unduly. Sometimes I'd feel shitty and use a low dose of a benzo (like 2.5mg diazepam) to take the edge off, but it wasn't a necessity.

But with meth (snorted or swallowed), it's a different story -- hard to unwind enough to begin the process of getting to bed (let alone sleeping), even after 18 hours (with stronger benzos de rigueur). I know that part of the blame is likely due to the higher doses that the crystal form of the drug facilitates, especially since pure shards are much easier than Dexedrine tablets to consume through a compulsive ROA. Still, it seems to be qualitatively different from regular amphetamine, in a way that makes it harder to manage your use responsibly.

Last edited:

I think usually benzo's. A friend of mine used to to take Olanzapine to sleep (he IV'd coke, not meth, though).

Similar experience for me. I probably smoked it about 3-4 times in total about 4-5 years ago in South-East Asia. One bowl kept me wide awake for 36-48 hours...
I think usually benzo's. A friend of mine used to to take Olanzapine to sleep (he IV'd coke, not meth, though).
... The first time I smoked a bowl I lay back on the bed in the hotel room and it felt like my heart was literally going to beat out through my chest. So I took 10 Diazepam/Valium (100 mg's) and they only barely just took a slight edge off.

You have to take a tiny bit in the morning, orally. Then you have to work your ass-off the rest of the day, exercise rigorously at night, then drink some beers and soak in the Hottub for an hour or so. A couple Trazadone won’t hurt, either.

In my limited experience with Methamphetamine users, I've learned a few thing that I believe to be true. First, like any addiction, there is often a healthy bit of denial involed when they discuss their usage with me. No matter how many time I say "I will never judge you dude", they still like to be just a little bit dishonest for some reason. "I haven't really done any for a few days" when they're just clearly, undeniably high. I've had people tell me, yea, I do a little bit, but I sleep every night and eat a balanced breakfast before my 9-5.

I'm not buying it ;) Then of course there are the chronic users for whom Methamphetamine is a totally different animal. I've known countless Methamphetamine users who can shoot .5g of shards into their veins and be ready for another one 4 hours later. For those of you tuning in at home, half a gram of legitimate Methamphetamine is enough to spin a newbie for days and I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.

In short, someone who is truly high on Methamphetamine will not go to sleep. It just does not work in such a way. A tolerant user who does it constantly and chronically, yea, they can sleep at night after going heavy that morning, but even this is the exception, not the rule. Methamphetamine is far more likely to keep you going for days without sleep regardles of your tolerance or experience level.

Technically speaking, yes, there is a quantity of Benzodiazepine to match any quantity of Methamphetamine out there, but it is all totally relative. A giant dose would be required to put down a heavy user and so on.

how in the fuck, as a mod of a harm reduction forum, can you fucking post this?

A. It's wrong. it's literally just inaccurate.
B. You make the statement "There is a quantity of benzodiazepine to match any quantity of methampetamine out there --- a giant dose would be required to put down a heavy user, and so on"
That's not true. Not even close. If I took a .25mg xan, or a .25mg ativan, I'd be out in less than 20 minutes.
C. You made the above statement. People may (VERY EASILY, MIND YOU, SINCE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A TRUSTED MEMBER WHO ISN'T A COMPLETE DUMB FUCK) somehow interpret that as, 'oh, I can do 50 grams of meth, I just need 1g of alprazolam to balance it out.' or, 'I just took 8 xanny bars, I'm probably gonna black out but if I eat this gram of meth, this quantity will match that quantity.'

You are a danger to this forum. You have a status, and you use that status to push false information on people looking to more experienced people (IE, moderators) for information that is life or death. You are the death of an innocent drug user, all because you want to get your post count up, flaunt that you're so active in a community, yet you post literal garbage shit just to....to what? to make a post? to flaunt your shit anecdotal junky stories around as factual evidence?

As someone who takes it daily, literally, haven't missed a day in 4 years.

With my current depression, I'm awake just over 8 hours a day. I sleep 16 hours a day. I take a half gram a day. The same bag that mine comes from, will have friends twacked all night.

It's a homeostasis for me right now, and since I don't smoke it or shoot it, I'm pretty consistent, and prior to depression, I would sleep, literally, every night. I can also eat immediately after dosing, no problem (90% of the time, at least. sometimes, I do get a bit of a dry mouth or just food seems unappealing, but it subsides within hours)

How to sleep? Decide you're not gonna do any degenerate shit. Follow through with that, and on top of it, get bored. Don't let any random fucking idea intrude in to your mind and let it run you on a goose chase. Let your mind get bored as shit, and you'll pass out. Whether it's worthwhile sleep or not isn't within my scope, but you for sure can sleep consistently, every night, if you try.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. You make the statement "There is a quantity of benzodiazepine to match any quantity of methampetamine out there --- a giant dose would be required to put down a heavy user, and so on"
That's not true. Not even close. If I took a .25mg xan, or a .25mg ativan, I'd be out in less than 20 minutes.
C. You made the above statement. People may (VERY EASILY, MIND YOU, SINCE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A TRUSTED MEMBER WHO ISN'T A COMPLETE DUMB FUCK) somehow interpret that as, 'oh, I can do 50 grams of meth, I just need 1g of alprazolam to balance it out.' or, 'I just took 8 xanny bars, I'm probably gonna black out but if I eat this gram of meth, this quantity will match that quantity.'

You are a danger to this forum. You have a status, and you use that status to push false information on people looking to more experienced people (IE, moderators) for information that is life or death. You are the death of an innocent drug user, all because you want to get your post count up, flaunt that you're so active in a community, yet you post literal garbage shit just to....to what? to make a post? to flaunt your shit anecdotal junky stories around as factual evidence?

Fuck off brother. This isn't your place.

With my current depression, I'm awake just over 8 hours a day. I sleep 16 hours a day. I take a half gram a day. The same bag that mine comes from, will have friends twacked all night.

It's a homeostasis for me right now, and since I don't smoke it or shoot it, I'm pretty consistent, and prior to depression, I would sleep, literally, every night. I can also eat immediately after dosing, no problem (90% of the time, at least. sometimes, I do get a bit of a dry mouth or just food seems unappealing, but it subsides within hours)

Whoa, chill out mate. Sounds like you need some benzos.

As for this not being Keifs place, it very much is being a BDD moderator...

How to sleep? Decide you're not gonna do any degenerate shit. Follow through with that, and on top of it, get bored. Don't let any random fucking idea intrude in to your mind and let it run you on a goose chase. Let your mind get bored as shit, and you'll pass out. Whether it's worthwhile sleep or not isn't within my scope, but you for sure can sleep consistently, every night, if you try.
Sounds like you took his comment a little personally as a meth user. Maybe you should explain your situation without going bonkers on a moderator. Maybe that half g gets you little more hype than you think. Relax, keif' is a valued member of the team.

Yeah that 0.5g part might make inexperienced drug user think if they have no tolerance they can actually survive the dosage. I remember i once took 50mg of good amphetamine sulphate and had a nasty heartache, which lasted for weeks. I am otherwise healthy and have no cardiovascular issues / good blood pressure / blood etc. but i'm fat and out of shape. So yeah stims can kill ya

Also i recall someone once posting counteracting massive doses of stims with massive doses of downers can lead to hypoxia? Can someone with medical background elaborate on this? People usually just talk about overdosing on one or the other.

Yeah, no one should ever inject .5g of meth, I don't care what tolerance you have or what the quality is.