• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc How do pharmaceuticals end up on the streets?

kaosisallwesee

Bluelighter
Obviously I'm not asking for exact details or sources lol. But if its not allowed still, my bad, delete if needs be.
Recently I've seen more and more controlled prescription drugs being sold illicitly and it got me wondering how these things get there. Mainly morphine and the occassional oxycodone, along with gabaergics and benzos. I get the last two as they can easily be found through any search engine, but strong opioids are a bit more of a secret.
I'm in the UK so doctors aren't known for handing out scripts all over the place. You'd be lucky to get 30mg codeine or dhc as a standard patient for pretty severe pain. Which oddlt enough never turns up for sale on the streets. To me this says it's clearly not legitimate prescriptions being diverted, so must be coming from higher up the supply chain.
The next source would be dodgy pharmacies diverting old or unused stock. I know this happens, there was a Horizon documentary about UK pharmacists getting caught on hidden camera selling boxes of alprazolam, lyrica, oxynorm, bottles of Oramorph. A place I used to frequent got caught out selling codeine linctus by the crate (24 bottles). But does this really happen enough to supply the whole illicit pharmaceutical market? Especially when there are so many of the same meds about. Or is it mostly in bulk from over seas or even theft?
It's just amazes me that even with a fairly tight frame work in the UK so much of it ends up diverted for illicit supply.

I think on a wholesale level there are going on illegal activities - deals with pharmacies or in eastern european countries even the pharmaceutical company. Thats how people get 100 boxes of oxycodone which would be nearly impossible to acquire buying it off people who have scripts

If you are very very lucky you actually get genuine pharmaceuticals that have been diverted by various means. Increasingly one actually gets copy-cat stuff that may or not even be the substance one is seeking.

Caveat Emptor !!

Well for some additional information you can always mosey on over to one of my favorite reference sites (DEA) and take a look at the press releases! 🤣

Some of the newer ones at very least enough to give pause to the idea of the UK selling hard drugs from selected outlets i.e. "Cocaine HCL coming soon to an outlet near you"! And we're not even there yet i.e. these are heists for your garden variety pharmaceuticals (the usual suspects type of thing). Not to mention a politician or two, doctors, clinics, pharmaceutical companies, etc. being involved in the business. And this is just the stuff that's actually published i.e. the very tip of the iceberg.

I was told quite a lot of patients sell their meds for extra ££, which is one reason they often refuse to prescribe more than a month's supply in one go.

I get my oxy from a older man who hurt his back . He gets prescribed 4- 40 mg oxy er a day so he gets 120 a month . Sells me 10 a week . I know they real and he makes spending money win win for ya us both .

Last edited:
Quite a few ways and I'm likely missing a lot but people over prescribed selling some spares, or even all of them.

This happens especially with methadone and subbed but yeah there's many people who are against taking drugs themselves but not opposed to a little extra income. .

Unscrupulous pharmacy staff.
A LOT of meds get binned to be 'destroyed' especially in large hospitals.

People inpharmaceutical companies skimming too.

I'm sure there's more.

Back when Activas/Teva diazepam were the boyos back on Silk Road, just before all the fakes came in, I seem to remember a factory in Wales or something getting busted. No idea if they were selling legit pharms.

Anyway, I often ponder this. I figure that it could be something as odd as a former chemist at a company getting sacked and going all heisenberg; taking copies of the printing equipment designs, knowing how to do the synth, taking a few employees and making 'replicas' which are the actual product or something like that. Or the entire company having a copy-cat factory, or just making a load of extras on their nightshift/not registering them or something.

Either way, here's an interesting thing. Due to tolerance and purely for personal, just to clarify, I've bought sleeves (10 boxes) of Xanax this past year (yeah yeah I've went a bit raj on the drugs during lockdown), and once or twice the strips (20) came all stuck together and bound with elastic bands. Then separately in the same package were the boxes, flat packed with the leaflets. inside. I asked the vendor and he said something like "it's for shipping and saving space, and there's no way I'm wasting my time putting them into boxes". Wedinos lab tested Ksalol Alprazolam, exactly the same as all the rest I've been getting (and very good).

Meds getting 'binned', or at least they're meant to get binned, is definitely a thing too. A guy round my way died and the police told his family friends to just bin the opiates themselves. Hence why I ended up doing bottles and boxes of morphine for most of the summer. Shite drug IMO btw, it only worked 'properly' three times. Made me feel like I was in a gluey blanket and no thought or problem mattered. Then I never got that again and it just gave me a kind of mood boost until even that ended and I ran out. No withdrawals, weirdly. I think it just stopped working. That gluey blanket though; I can see the allure, but I was on ketamine so analysing my 'morphine thoughts' and I could just see it was corrupt to the core with that 'couldn't give a fuck vibe and the seductive draw it could have.

Med binning from pharmacies - and sort of private ones - is definitely a thing too.

Last edited:
Yeah especially approaching use by date. Expired meds work for years afterwards

My mate worked in this lab where they tested all kinda crazy products. Like methadone cigarettes so users could smoke their MMT to satisfy their urge to smoke H (with herbal baccy and it never got looked at twice). But he brought home about a gram of pure methadone powder!!!
This was before we knew what we were doing and we were doing little likes of I'd say 20mg. We could have killed eachother! But he brought home loads of interesting pure shit.

My mate worked in this lab where they tested all kinda crazy products. Like methadone cigarettes so users could smoke their MMT to satisfy their urge to smoke H (with herbal baccy and it never got looked at twice). But he brought home about a gram of pure methadone powder!!!
This was before we knew what we were doing and we were doing little likes of I'd say 20mg. We could have killed eachother! But he brought home loads of interesting pure shit.

Methadone cigarettes? I remember the diamorphine cigarettes well, but they were phased out because they were far too abusable and many junkies preferred street gear anyway.

Never heard of methadone bifters...

Last edited:
I vaguely knew a guy back in the day who grabbed a pad of prescription paper from his GP and was selling scripts for everyone in a ten mile radius.

He got done for it in the end of course - only so many suspicious characters can turn up with scripts for 6 months' worth of amphetamines before someone starts asking questions.

Police dug up his garden and found enough pharmaceuticals to maintain a small hospital.

Don't suppose you could get away with that these days, what with it all being done electronically.

I vaguely knew a guy back in the day who grabbed a pad of prescription paper from his GP and was selling scripts for everyone in a ten mile radius.

He got done for it in the end of course - only so many suspicious characters can turn up with scripts for 6 months' worth of amphetamines before someone starts asking questions.

Police dug up his garden and found enough pharmaceuticals to maintain a small hospital.

Don't suppose you could get away with that these days, what with it all being done electronically.
You’d be surprised