• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How do i purify pipe resin?

Ambercatgoddess

Bluelighter
I only ask because I have no idea whatsoever but i hate to waste it. It seems you could purify it somewhat. Can anyone help me, please? I would love to make edibles instead of smoking it all the time but the scent is the issue sadly. I want to try to save the resin and get something out of it. I have never tried hash but I would like to. Being in a constant state of alert of fight or flight with chronic regional pain syndrome you learn and remember what works and so if you can help please do. Unless you know how to make hash?

I did look to see if there was anything remotely close to this question but didn't find an answer.

What is it your trying to get reclaim from
I use a mighty vaporizer and have a great and easy method to make cannibis hot chocolate that is great for getting you higher than a pilots piece box

Post script.. The oil from a vape collected from the right bit is a pure form of thc oil that can be pressed into hash/shatter

You dissolve the bong/pipe resin in acetone and filter out the unburnt plantmatter/soot/charcoal/ash with a coffee filter then put the acetone in a heatproof bowl and evaporate over a pot of hot water.ive done this and it makes some incredibly strong oil.if you smoked your pot with tobacco in it your going to taste it in the oil.its going to be more and more unpleasant the more tobacco you used.if you never smoked tobacco with your weed it's going to be heavenly and beautiful oil.

Last edited:
Pipe resin is mostly butane residue from your lighter. If you want proof, hold a lighter flame up to a piece of glass and watch the black residue rapidly build up. Once I realized that I never took a resin hit ever again. Headache city...

Pipe resin is mostly butane residue from your lighter. If you want proof, hold a lighter flame up to a piece of glass and watch the black residue rapidly build up. Once I realized that I never took a resin hit ever again. Headache city...

Your talking about soot which is elemental carbon which when burned will form carbon monoxide which is causing the migraine.its insoluble in acetone and is filtered out
If u do it the way I'm talking about

I guess if you're desperate it might be worth it. I doubt there's much goodies left in a dirty pipe though. It's more trouble than it's worth imo. If you have a grinder, go wash that with 91% iso and let it dry on a pyrex dish for 24+ hours and then scrape up the remains, now THAT'S some good shit.

I have one right now with years worth of caked up cbd flower and thc flower. I’m debating on doing it right now cause it’s my girls but fuck it I’ll share 50/50 I put half the weed through it anyways. would A Pyrex measuring cup work or you suggest a dish and how much alcohol?
I guess if you're desperate it might be worth it. I doubt there's much goodies left in a dirty pipe though. It's more trouble than it's worth imo. If you have a grinder, go wash that with 91% iso and let it dry on a pyrex dish for 24+ hours and then scrape up the remains, now THAT'S some good shit.

I have one right now with years worth of caked up cbd flower and thc flower. I’m debating on doing it right now cause it’s my girls but fuck it I’ll share 50/50 I put half the weed through it anyways. would A Pyrex measuring cup work or you suggest a dish and how much alcohol?
You use enough alcohol or acetone to dissolve it in and then filter thru a coffee filter then do it again until you get no more color coming off of the solids.acetone works better and evaporates quicker.

Thank you. I’m assuming glad is the best to dissolve it ?
You use enough alcohol or acetone to dissolve it in and then filter thru a coffee filter then do it again until you get no more color coming off of the solids.acetone works better and evaporates quicker.

You'll want a wide dish, it'll will help it evaporate faster and make it easier to scrape up with a razor after. Make sure you don't use a pyrex dish that has that weird clear coat on it, has to be classic glass pyrex.

If you're just doing a grinder wash, no need to filter out the solids. If you're washing out a pipe I'd definitely filter it with something.

Also, I'd always choose 91% iso over acetone, it's a better solvent for such purposes and evaporates rather fast.

Gotcha! Ima run it by the girl and see if I can wash it.
You'll want a wide dish, it'll will help it evaporate faster and make it easier to scrape up with a razor after. Make sure you don't use a pyrex dish that has that weird clear coat on it, has to be classic glass pyrex.

If you're just doing a grinder wash, no need to filter out the solids. If you're washing out a pipe I'd definitely filter it with something.

Gotcha! Ima run it by the girl and see if I can wash it.
Also, leave the windows open/put it outside to evaporate with cheesecloth over it or something. The fumes ain't good for you or any pets you might have.

I've never tried acetone for such a purpose, so I can't comment on it. I've used 91% iso for this for 8 years now and always found it very effective. Either way, give it enough time to all evaporate, you don't want to smoke those chemicals on accident.

Yeah ima probably leave it out for a week straight in the laundry room
Also, leave the windows open/put it outside to evaporate with cheesecloth over it or something. The fumes ain't good for you or any pets you might have.

I've never tried acetone for such a purpose, so I can't comment on it. I've used 91% iso for this for 8 years now and always found it very effective. Either way, give it enough time to all evaporate, you don't want to smoke those chemicals on accident.

Yeah ima probably leave it out for a week straight in the laundry room
A week is overkill, I usually just give it 48 hours for good measure. If in doubt, give it a smell, and if it smells like anything but weed, then there's probably some solvent left still.

Thank you! How would you press into a solid piece of hash
A week is overkill, I usually just give it 48 hours for good measure. If in doubt, give it a smell, and if it smells like anything but weed, then there's probably some solvent left still.

Thank you! How would you press into a solid piece of hash
Take some wax paper (like you use for baking) then get your girl's hair straightener if she has one. Then put all the scraped up kief/goodies in a pile and fold the paper up and around it, and gently heat/press it with the hair straightener. It should make a nice little brick of hash (y)