• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How do all you astronauts prepare for a high dose of LSD?

LazyTheGreat

Bluelighter
Greetings to my fellow bluelighters. I will be embarking on a high dose of LSD sometime soon. I have a very curious mind so I've been doing a vast amount of research among other forums and the reason for my post is simply for more information. So my question to you is how do you prepare yourself for a journey into the abyss on a high dose of LSD? Also, any information explaining what I would be launching myself into would be very helpful and aid me in my journey.

IMO i dont think one can mentally prepare for a lsd trip
a lsd trip for me has dug deep into my most inner thoughts bright and dark whether i was in a good state of mind or not
no one here can tell you exactly what you will exp but do keep in mind it can the best exp ever , it can turn into a nightmare or it can be a mixture of both

-guess the real advice is to remind yourself that you did ingest a drug and that its altering your state of mind, if you happen to get anxiety like if you start freaking out
and if shit really hits the fan a good benzodiazepine will be helpful if you wish to abort the trip
-that you wont stay that way and the trip will eventually end
-really just enjoy the trip man you might learn something about yourself

Try reading "The Center of the Cyclone" by Dr. John Lilly or anything by Carlos Castenada. Say your prayers. Have some great music available and a guide. Luck.

Its more about what you do during the trip. I like to be somewhere with the imminent threat of police presence...

Prepare a good setting, retain a trusted sitter, and reagent test your LSD.

I always like to take a shower before....just my ritual. Have a Good setting. and have a good suspenseful movie with nice visuals....Something like Everest or Touching The Void.

Cleaning up my apartment, being productive and making sure the important things are done has become a ritual for me before deep spiritual explorations. It makes sure I don't have too much to worry about and I enter the headspace with a satisfied feeling. Doesn't ensure its a smooth ride but at least it helps.

Of course getting the right setting.....when i first started tripping ..i would think about it and be kinda nervous for several hours before the trip.......but now what i do everytime is i psych myself up and get myself in a great mood...i do this to make sure i am genuinely in a good mood ...and get myself happy and anticipating the trip........most importantly i dont have anything major thats been bothering me ..that totally engulfs all my thoughts .........happy psych up stuff includes positive thinking...joking around with friends l......anything that gets u happy then channelling those feelings to anticipating the experience positivily...........i pack my tripping kit which consists of

1 ,,,new pack of ciggarettes
1/2,,, stix xanax
1,,,, 40 mg oxycontin

The oxy i always take at begining ...the xanax i never take and is only used as a safety parachute if its needed]

most people probably get butterflies/weirdness the first 30 min....that all goes away..

Load the universe into a cannon...point it at the brain....Fire!!!:)

I don't prepare other than making sure the schedule is free for the next 24 hours at a minimum, I'm not a big "set" guy never had any horrible trips in that regard but setting is certainly vital.

On a side note glad to see astronaut being used correctly, much as I like Future's music painkillers and benzos don't make you an astronaut.

I recently took a 1500microgram dose of LSD, and I completely second clocktower that the most important thing you could possible do is reagent test your stuff first before you embark. It will provide immense comfort to you on your trip if it goes bad that you have actually taken LSD and no anxiety will arise that it was something else. If your a smoker like I am, stock up on a few packs of cigarette as chainsmoking was my lifeline during a very hard patch of my trip. Benzos helped towards the end immensely and it would be insane to embark without them as they were literally a savior at the 10 hour mark (3mg Xanax). I also recommend an opiate, such as oxycontin or poppy pop tea, it helps transcend me into a meditative state. I had an ego death three hours in, then 2 hours of the most horrible paranoia I have experienced and the opiates helped me so much, I retreated into a dark space, candle lit and listed to Chopin after taking and I calmed down and experienced the magnificence of LSD. I actually recommend you have no commitments for at the very minimum 48 hours at a huge LSD dose as I was totally incapacitated for that time. So, I say, test your stuff and setting.

Last edited:
Cleaning, healthy/meatless diet for a week, reading, taking care of work that could nag me. There's a lot of things you can do, I just generally try to ensure I will feel as physically and mentally comfortable as possible. I generally also hang with my girlfriend before hand so I don't have to worry about seeing her till after.

Also, if your trip at very high LSD dose becomes a nightmare, and believe me it can do and will be the one of the worst experiences of your life. Remember that it was only a drug don't overthink it and let it change your life negatively when you hit baseline. LSD can be an a-typical antidepressant, I believe it's subjective and has made me personally become a better person but I've seen one or two people after high doses who just weren't right for a few months after or longer as they had a horrific trip. It's important to put it into perspective if that happens, it's only a drug not the rest of your life being condemned. So only do it if your mentally prepared for the potential consequences and feel you can overcome them.

Last edited:
I had a friend once, who is a cunt and i don't speak to much anymore, but I keep to moderate dosages and I asked him what a heavy dose is like. He said "you know how on acid you look at a spot and you're like whoa holy fuck, imagine that but EVERYWHERE."

I lurked a good comment on here once where someone said that you pass through the lower dosage twice on a higher dosage. You know?

-Set aside the time and space so that you won't be disturbed.
-Try to be on good terms with the people in your life, and not have any unfinished business lingering.
-Being well nourished, hydrated and rested leading up to the trip is a very good idea.
-Having used your body in excercise recently or the day of is good too.
-Having good music ready to go is probably my #1 thing for any serious trip. The worst thing is when you really need some good music to listen to but you're too scrambled to figure it out.
-Wear the right kind of clothing. Loose, light, comfortable clothes that make you feel good and provide the right kind of warmth. Sunglasses if you're going to be in daylight.
-Some snacks and water. It can be hard to predict what will be appetizing once you're tripping, but fruit's a pretty safe bet.
-It can be really good to have a trip buddy or sitter. You need to be really comfortable with a person to trip with them!
-Make sure you know that the drug really is what it is purported to be. Testing is an excellent habit. Make sure you know the dose you're giving yourself.
-before you put the dose in your mouth, ask yourself: "Is this the right dose, do I know what I'm getting myself into here?" If the answer is no, cut dose in half and repeat the question until you've arrived at the right dose.
-Personally, I don't believe in having or using benzos and never have them around. You should work your way up to the dose over a series of sessions, so you know what you're getting yourself into. Psychedelics aren't something to pound like drinking a bunch of beer at a high school house party or something.
-Treat yourself with respect, treat the substance with respect.

1000-1200 mg of phenibut 1 hour prior to ingesting acid. and you can literally handle any dose

1000-1200 mg of phenibut 1 hour prior to ingesting acid. and you can literally handle any dose

Wouldn't that just take the edge off? Why wouldn't you simply take less?

I always trim my nails, clean my house ( including fresh sheets on my bed), speak to my children then switch my phone off.

A nice milky bong hit before popping the tabs in my mouth.%)

Nothing you can do will really prepare you for what you see at 500ug+ though. Just take the tabs in a safe, quiet location with all your trip toys/music devices/food within arms reach of where you're going to be spending most your trip. Once you peak moving will be extremely difficult for a few hours, and you'll be out of commission for a few days after, plan accordingly (After ++++ trips I commonly sleep for more than 12 hours).

No matter what you see, don't fight it. I made the mistake of fighting a ++++ inevitably happening shamanic trip and I saw my reality unfold in the worst way imaginable.

Last edited:
Try reading "The Center of the Cyclone" by Dr. John Lilly or anything by Carlos Castenada. Say your prayers. Have some great music available and a guide. Luck.
Thank you for the recommendation! Recently I actually have been looking for a book to read I will be sure to give this a look.

I recently took a 1500microgram dose of LSD, and I completely second clocktower that the most important thing you could possible do is reagent test your stuff first before you embark. It will provide immense comfort to you on your trip if it goes bad that you have actually taken LSD and no anxiety will arise that it was something else. If your a smoker like I am, stock up on a few packs of cigarette as chainsmoking was my lifeline during a very hard patch of my trip. Benzos helped towards the end immensely and it would be insane to embark without them as they were literally a savior at the 10 hour mark (3mg Xanax). I also recommend an opiate, such as oxycontin or poppy pop tea, it helps transcend me into a meditative state. I had an ego death three hours in, then 2 hours of the most horrible paranoia I have experienced and the opiates helped me so much, I retreated into a dark space, candle lit and listed to Chopin after taking and I calmed down and experienced the magnificence of LSD. I actually recommend you have no commitments for at the very minimum 48 hours at a huge LSD dose as I was totally incapacitated for that time. So, I say, test your stuff and setting.
Yesss I agree with everything you mentioned especially the part about testing your LSD. I had a moment during my last experimentation where I do wish I did test what I had. At one point I felt like I was going to die and this thought had threw me into what seemed like a never ending spiral into negativity. I felt my heart race far faster then I ever had. For my next experimentation I will consider testing my substance thank you for your recommendation kind sir and I might even invest in a pulse watch just for safety precautions