• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How difficult is it to stop using meth once addicted?

Speaking of true stories, you all should check out my Instagram Stories @acklac7. I've chronicalled everything I've been through over the past 3 years over there - it's wild stuff.

I have a great story up today, well maybe not so great, it's the time I got poisoned by the CIA. It has a happy ending, though :).

Meanwhile, all of Bluelight is like:

FBsXapE.png

inb4 3000 page explanation
LOL!

What are you in Med School for, btw? You're going to become a Surgeon, right?

Become a Neuroscientist, bro. Surgery is BORING! Neuroscience is where the cool stuff is happening at. Neuroscience is where we need people!

Truth-Be-Told? If I already had a Bachelors under my belt I would go back to School for Neuroscience.

LOL!

What are you in Med School for, btw? You're going to become a Surgeon, right?

Become a Neuroscientist, bro. Surgery is BORING! Neuroscience is where the cool stuff is happening at. Neuroscience is where we need people!

Truth-Be-Told? If I already had a Bachelors under my belt I would go back to School for Neuroscience.
no that was just surgery rotation, i would never become a surggeon,. Akso bro you can get a bachelors online these days in like 2-3 years, You can do it,.

no that was just surgery rotation, i would never become a surggeon,. Akso bro you can get a bachelors online these days in like 2-3 years, You can do it,.
I have a about a year and a half left on my Bachelors.

But say I get my Bachelors (which I intend to do here shortly - I actually was enrolled @OSU in Winter Semester of this year at one point) but say I go back and get my Bachelors, Med School is an additional 8 years on top of that, right? Fuck, I'll be 50 by the time I Graduate. I just don't know, that's a long, long time.

Mate. It’s not my responsibility any more but I want to remind you that this is the frontline Harm Reduction sub-forum. I think it is uncool of you to enter every single serious meth-related post in these forums and attempt to downplay the risks of meth when all of us who have read your posts over the last year know it has totally fucked up your life, sent you psychotic, caused you to lose your housing and employment and a while bunch of other stuff.

I don’t like to call people out like this - but the damage meth has done you is written over hundreds of Bluelight posts for all to see.

We are not prohibitionist here at all and people’s lived experience is respected whether they had problems with a drug or believe it transformed them for the better - but you are really taking the piss now.
Took the words out of my mouth.

Anyway... interesting question. I would answer it like this: meth is easy to quit once you are committed to quitting. However if you dont want to quit, or there is something you still enjoy about the high, it is very hard to quit for psychological reasons. But as for physical withdrawal theres not much other than fatigue and tiredness. But the fatigue is extreme... if you have a job to go to or studies to attend to, its going to be very hard to do for a couple weeks or so.

Last edited:
I have a about a year and a half left on my Bachelors.

But say I get my Bachelors (which I intend to do here shortly - I actually was enrolled @OSU in Winter Semester of this year at one point) but say I go back and get my Bachelors, Med School is an additional 8 years on top of that, right? Fuck, I'll be 50 by the time I Graduate. I just don't know, that's a long, long time.
med school is additional 4 years. Then you are an MD in residency.

Took the words out of my mouth.
iTd6FRk.jpg

Anyway... interesting question. I would answer it like this: meth is easy to quit once you are committed to quitting. However if you dont want to quit, or there is something you still enjoy about the high, it is very hard to quit for psychological reasons.
That's the thing with me, right? I constantly here people refering to "getting spun" or "getting high" and I can't relate. I don't use Meth to "get high": I use Meth to accomplish feats, I use Meth to enhance my productivity; I use Meth to boost my Brains Processing Power. I don't "Get high on Meth" I "Get shit done on Meth" "Get shit accomplished on Meth". I don't use Meth to escape reality: I use Meth to process reality in a vastly improved fashion. When I run out of Meth I don't really feel this massive need for it, as I'm not using it to espcape from anything - I'm using it to enhance my existence, enhnace my productivity, enhance my mind. I run out? So what, I'm not as productive as I used to be. Big deal.
But as for physical withdrawal theres not much other than fatigue and tiredness. But the fatigue is extreme... if you have a job to go to or studies to attend to, its going to be very hard to do for a couple weeks or so.
"Very hard" is the understatment of the year: It's going to be nearly impossible.

The Physical withdrawls, the fatigue, are hell-on-earth. Absolute hell-on-earth. But I've noticed something interesting, right? Once you begin the withdrawl process there's really no cravings involved, can anyone else releate to that or is it just me? Like, as your withdrawing from Meth use there really isn't a desire to get more, there really isn't a "craving" - at least to me there's not. Sure, when you're coming off a binge, when there's still Meth in your system, there's a tendancy to crave. But once it leaves your system? Once you really begin to withdraw? There's no cravings. All you want to do is rest. All you want to do is sleep. It's not until you completely withdraw from Meth (week(s) later) that the "cravings" start back up - That's my experience, at least. Can anyone else relate?

@acklac7 what's your story man? did you really graduate from Harvard?

inb4 3000 page explanation

Hey guys. Purely as an average fellow member I ask you not to feed the trolls/deranged tweakers in the central Harm Reduction sub-Forums: which are this one “Other Drugs” (OD) and “Basic Drug Discussion” (BDD). @acklac7 is all over the tweaker social thread in Drug Culture which is a great place for rollicking discussions. Hit him up there and it will reduce the chance of him eventually getting banned here I think.

There seems to be a growing number of enquiries from new members or existing members having new problems with meth and the harm reduction advice is often getting obscured by distracted tweakers and generally off-topic shifts in the discussion.

Hey guys. Purely as an average fellow member I ask you not to feed the trolls/deranged tweakers in the central Harm Reduction sub-Forums: which are this one “Other Drugs” (OD) and “Basic Drug Discussion” (BDD). @acklac7 is all over the tweaker social thread in Drug Culture which is a great place for rollicking discussions. Hit him up there and it will reduce the chance of him eventually getting banned here I think.

There seems to be a growing number of enquiries from new members or existing members having new problems with meth and the harm reduction advice is often getting obscured by distracted tweakers and generally off-topic shifts in the discussion.
Says the ASIS Officer :rolleyes:

Sorry ❤

I was never a big stimulant addict but most of the ppl in recovery these days in California are meth addicts, i meet alot of them there, and it seems very hard to quit.

Over a period of 45 years I've been addicted to the following substances:
Alcohol
Benzodiazepines
Caffeine
Cocaine
Kratom
Methamphetamine
Opiates/Opioids
Tobacco

Tobacco is the addiction I've struggled with the longest. I still smoke, vape, and dip. Tobacco will probably kill me in the end.

Alcohol caused me more problems in every way than all the others combined. It was also the addiction I've struggled with the second longest-- 30+ years, 100s of relapses.

Cocaine (primarily IV) took me down the fastest, but it was also the easiest to get over.

Benzodiazepines caused the worst withdrawals but I never relapsed once I quit.

Methamphetamine took me down fast and made me the most crazy. For me the withdrawals were 90% psychological. Relapsed a handful of times.

Opiates/opioids were the most seductive and the physical withdrawals were as bad as alcoholic DTs but not as bad as benzo withdrawals. Briefly relapsed a few times.

I'm still hooked on kratom and caffeine but so far I'm experiencing very few and very mild side effects.

As has been said many times before, everybody's different. Individual psychology, physiology, and environment are all at play. It's complicated.

PS-- In my case, several of the addictions listed above overlapped each other. This complicates things even more.

Last edited:
Also, I know this much about recovery from ANY addiction:
Treatment programs, therapy, support groups, various medications, and lifestyle changes are all helpful.
But this is absolutely crucial: I must want to not use more than I want to use.

There's no cravings. All you want to do is rest. All you want to do is sleep. It's not until you completely withdraw from Meth (week(s) later) that the "cravings" start back up - That's my experience, at least. Can anyone else relate?

Personally, all I wanna do for 2-3 days is EAT.
Sleep sure, but that rebound appetite is serious.
Ghostbusters Eating GIF

Mate. It’s not my responsibility any more but I want to remind you that this is the frontline Harm Reduction sub-forum. I think it is uncool of you to enter every single serious meth-related post in these forums and attempt to downplay the risks of meth when all of us who have read your posts over the last year know it has totally fucked up your life, sent you psychotic, caused you to lose your housing and employment and a while bunch of other stuff.

I don’t like to call people out like this - but the damage meth has done you is written over hundreds of Bluelight posts for all to see.

We are not prohibitionist here at all and people’s lived experience is respected whether they had problems with a drug or believe it transformed them for the better - but you are really taking the piss now.
i never would blame Al, but i dont like stims, hadnt used any but a lil in the 80`s, mostly some coke here n there, its all on ME, but i thought hell ill try this microdosing, like coffee or sumpin(any excuse to feel energy the lazy way) im bright*bucks teeth* and really not blaming anyone for my actions, i saw thru the chit, but i said fuck it and got some, trying to micro dose, i have one word ppppppfffffffffffffffffplftttttttttttttt!!*makes more mess than sound

No matter what people say here its just as hard as heroin. I'm not stating an opinion, look around on BL and the general addict atmosphere.

Crippling depression to suicidal levels of despair when stopping even two days. That will last for a month or several if you've had a meth-daily routine for months as many always end up succumbing to. Even lighter users (3 times a week per say) will experience this soul-crushing ahedonia.

Meth is just as addictive and soul-sucking as high-dose and very classy opiates. You've been warned lol. It will not start out this way that I am describing, but anyone who wants to experience meth must know the reality of humans and how we cannot control the best sensations. Very very few of us will ever be able to control such magical moments in time and make certain that we feel those "moments" 24/7 until we die. Then the magic becomes hell... People have committed suicide from meth addiction and not being able to escape its grasp. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's high. I just as one addict to the next addicts want to relay the power of this stimulant. It is not ordinary. Enter thinking that you will lose control and its better than the reverse scenario (from "i'll be the exception" fully formed tweaker smeagle)."

Meth has no medicinal or focus-enhancing value. Its a purely hedonistic "lets get high as hell and whack off or have crazy unworldly sex" kind of drug. I don't like when people say it "helps them" with their ADD/ADHD LOL. It helps you focus on ruining your life fast and quickly as possible. Meth is not beneficial for anything besides getting so high as god damn hell as possible on this planet.. I hope nobody trying it finds it addicting at all like this above user. Otherwise, its going to be one of the worst demons within your entire lifetime. Thousands and thousands of addicts truly struggle and cannot beat this addiction. I just didn't want anyone to not know how this drug can be the end of you and many never had control based on the beginning euphoria hitting their receptors. It was over for them by that point (but most will take time to lose control and ruin their future from this stimulant overlord). Like heroin, it is to be feared but if crossed--its up to the user to deal with the relationship between addict and drug from then on. No one else can save you but yourself :)
I agree on this. One of my closest friends is a (used to be heroin) fentanyl junkie and we talk often about what it's like to be addicted to such different drugs. He hates uppers. I hate downers these days. But his "I'm tired of living like this" while i rode with him to his hookup the other day had me in tears. Cuz even tho I'm not throwing up when I don't got shit, I'm tired of living my life like this to. I'm just as much of a slave to meth as he is a slave to fentanyl/heroin.

I agree on this. One of my closest friends is a (used to be heroin) fentanyl junkie and we talk often about what it's like to be addicted to such different drugs. He hates uppers. I hate downers these days. But his "I'm tired of living like this" while i rode with him to his hookup the other day had me in tears. Cuz even tho I'm not throwing up when I don't got shit, I'm tired of living my life like this to. I'm just as much of a slave to meth as he is a slave to fentanyl/heroin.
great to hear you post,made me well up with your honesty, ty for that